Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: What Is Your Perfect Ending For The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 9, 2015 11:13

The perfect ending would be if Charlie said 'Enough is enough, I'll quit!'.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: bathsheba ()
Date: March 10, 2015 00:38

A studio blues album - a bit rough and heartfelt with Bill and MT.

Then an interview with M and K where they look lovingly at each other and K musses M's hair (oh er no best be careful there)...but they throw in a few potshots at each other for old times sake.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 10, 2015 02:45

There is never an announced ending, but only a natural fade away: When the facts of life, one way or the other, determine that it is really all over, then it will be all over.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 10, 2015 07:41

I think it would be great if a space ship landed in the middle of a stadium. The door opens and a ramp comes down. A figure at the top of the ramp beckons them. They slowly walk up the ramp. The ramp closes and the space ship departs.

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: March 10, 2015 10:12

MrThompsonWooft
I think it would be great if a space ship landed in the middle of a stadium. The door opens and a ramp comes down. A figure at the top of the ramp beckons them. They slowly walk up the ramp. The ramp closes and the space ship departs.

The figure on the top of the ramp is no one else than - BRIAN!!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 10, 2015 22:22

...And they all lived happily ever after.

The End.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 01:21

One final concert on July 12th, 2022 at the marquee in London, with the exact setlist they played their for their first show on July 12th,1962. They leave stage, return for an encore of warhorses culminating in "the last time".
Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman present of course, and filmed for theatrical release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 01:22 by jackflash1129.

Date: March 20, 2015 01:26

They just keep going. It could be like Clapton where he just is playing 2x MSG, but they still play..

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 01:35

I see the Stones as having gone through three periods, with a fourth period in the future. First they were a singles oriented group, touring and albums were secomdary to having chart topping hits (1962-1968) then they were primarily focused on strong albums and grew in commitment to touring (1969-1988). Since 89 the focus has been primarily on touring, albums being secondary. I think eventually the band will play live less frequently, after all their recent tours are not the big undertaking that Licks and A bigger bang were. I think they may record more mature albums like Johnny Cash did before he died, release more archiv e material and play a few shows here or there. I still would like a 2022 farewell show though!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 20, 2015 01:58

Build up hype for a tour that then never happens and we never hear from them again - I wouldn't have to spend any money on tickets that way! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:01

After this life time here on earth...The journey will continue on another realm...2000 Light Years from Home !!! Along with Brian; Ian; Nicky Hopkins; Jim Price; Bobby Keys; Ian McLagen...and whoever else would like to join in...No need to get tickets just stop on by....See you all There !!!

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 4, 2015 12:43

Come On
The perfect ending would be if Charlie said 'Enough is enough, I'll quit!'.

I like this. There is something very poetic and just about Charlie being the one to put a stop to the madness.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 4, 2015 12:54

StonedInTokyo
JumpingKentFlash
The short answer is:
Make a 10 song album with most of it being covers. Then tour and televise the last concert from a mini club in Ealing. Full circle.

I see the potential in this idea, or some semblance of it, but a small club gig would be impossible for most to attend. Therefore, I propose:

A 10 song album of covers for the store shelves, and a massive FREE outdoor show
in London available as a Pay Per View telecast and ultimately a dvd release. They are (or were) a London-based band, and ending it in London would achieve the full circle effect.

In hindsight, their Glastonbury performance is already damn near the perfect ending.

Not just for personal reasons, I hope the end is in London. They are, or were at their peak, ultimately a London band. But it won't truly be over until Mick or Keith die or are incapacitated. Regretfully, I don't think Charlie's demise would stop them for an instant if there was more money to be made (and many of those who go to their gigs would not regard the Rolling Stones to be any less the Rolling Stones without him).

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 5, 2015 00:44

I die in my sleep aged 100, and they decide there is no further point in touring!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 5, 2015 01:27

A normal concert, from a normal tour. No official statement . Leave the door open even if everybody knows that the door is closed

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: May 5, 2015 01:41

Their plane crashes,and the mythology lives forever......

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 5, 2015 01:45

A last, free Hyde Park summer concert with all Stones members, now and former, on stage. That means Bill on bass and Taylor on guitar. Televised for free on public service channels.
With an introduction and a farewell speech by Sir Michael.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-05 01:47 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 5, 2015 01:59

A free concert in San Francisco that goes without a hitch, absolutely no violence, babies are born, the spirit of Rock and Roll is represented and they bring back what died at Altamont.....grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 5, 2015 03:29

Well our perfect ending is not likely to be the real ending.
Like boxing, you like your guy to retire on top, as champion, but
they rarely do that. They hang on for whatever reasons, and it
fades out sadly.

That's ok though, they have the right to fade out, like all those old blues
artists who kept playing into their 80's. Do some small club gigs, acoustic
sets. I think this year is the end of Stadium shows for good.

Also, I remember one of them saying when one of the final four drops out, that's it, they're done. That seems most likely to be Charlie, although Keith's health may do it too. He has the heart to continue, but does he have
the lungs & the stamina. Charlie's made no secret he's tired of the touring, and is only doing this for his mates, he doesn't need it anymore.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: May 5, 2015 04:52

Don't try to envision the end of the road to the Stones....they may just outlive you

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 5, 2015 05:05

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END!!!
Just imagine I photoshopped the Stones faces on to this poster...

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 5, 2015 05:08

STONES FOREVER!!!

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: May 5, 2015 05:17

Cocaine Eyes
I doubt they will 'end' per se. And there won't be a farewell tour/concert/whatever.

I think they will just begin doing less - no more huge concerts with pyrotechnics, no more announcements via flatbed truck & blimps,less and less activity.

In my opinion, the Stones give the fans credit for understanding this slowing down. We all slow down evetually!tongue sticking out smiley So, I think they'll will just go with the natural flow of life.

Yeah, you got speed freak jive, Cocaine Eyes.

I agree, like the old blues guys do. That is what they're doing, not fading away.
Just fading and it's just a kiss away.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 5, 2015 06:37

Quebec City may be IT.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 5, 2015 07:54

The Rolling Stones become The Living Stones

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 5, 2015 08:56

They come to play a small venue in Alaska -- like my living room -- and songs include:

That's How Strong My Love Is
Mercy Mercy
19th Nervous Breakdown
Stray Cat Blues
Torn And Frayed
Monkey Man
Moonlight Mile
Everything's Turning To Gold
The Last Time
Satisfaction (yes)
Sway
and, for the heck of it,
Short & Curlies

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 5, 2015 09:02

I Think I will play 'Ruby Tuesday' real loud...or f-cking loud...

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home