Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
I LOVE THE STONES smileys with beer
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 27, 2012 01:22

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: I LOVE THE STONES smileys with beer
Date: May 27, 2012 01:24

Rolling Hansie

smileys with beer Now, that I can appreciate.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 27, 2012 01:28

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Now, that I can appreciate.

Of course, who wouldn't smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: What Is Your Perfect Ending For The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 27, 2012 01:32

Picked up on this tour concept about 15 days ago, when what would happen
on SNL was still a mystery. The numbers need refining obviously, but
I still think its a go...

(Foos/Arcade etc for festivals only, Jeff Beck only at both festivals and
arena shows, advertised as the last 50 Stones shows ever, which makes the huge
gross possible, two shows each for the 25 biggest Stones cities in the world.
and nobody can complain about the arena prices because you can always
instead go to the festivals free)

superrevvy
Watched more live Arcade Fire and Foo Fighters...

Slept on it.

When only the Foos were in play, nothing made sense.

But Arcade Fire AND The Foos, both playing Stones songs on SNL, showcasing
their love of the Stones for their fans, with Mick...

Does no one else see it as making PERFECT sense if...

Arcade Fire/Foo Fighters/The Rolling Stones, a PERFECT free festival lineup.

25 festivals averaging 250,000 people each = 6,250,000 attendees
25 arena shows averaging 25,000 peep each = 625,000

rounded off total attendance 7 million!

625,000 arena attendees @ average $950 (utilizing auction seating) = $600 million
375,000 festival Golden Circle attendees @ average $260 = $100 million

rounded off total gross $700 million!

including merchandising over $1 billion!

Now we're talking a suitable sendoff for the greatest ever.

Now we're talking The Rolling Stones "Farewell" Tour featruing Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-27 02:01 by superrevvy.

Date: May 27, 2012 01:40

tatters
tatters
tatters
There is no ending, perfect or otherwise. It ends when you die. Why don't you ask Leslie West what he thinks a perfect ending would be?

We are talking about the perfect ending for the Rolling Stones as a band here, not the end of life. What is your perfect ending for the Rolling Stones?

Mick Jagger, one of the last surviving people on earth who "saw" the early Rolling Stones in concert, dies peacefully in his sleep on July 26, 2050, his 107th birthday. The Rolling Stones really wouldn't be over until then.

tatters, maybe it's time for you to go grill some burgers? I do think he has a shot at 95 to 100, seriously.

What is the point of having some kind of official "ending"? The Who announced their "ending" in 1982 and they toured more in the 00's than they did in the 70's. How many times have you said, "I'll never do that again", and then, you do it again? Same thing with farewell tours. You put yourself in a position where you can't change your mind, and then you change your mind anyway. It's just a part of what it is to be human. You can say anything you want, but you never really know what you're actually going to do in the future, until there is no future, when you're dead.

To me when you stop being a functional band (either stop making new music or stop performing live) the end has come, however, if they want to keep the door open for a 60th anniversary album and a live performance then that would be cool. But, if something happens along the way then people will look back to the time they last released an album or last performed live as the true end. Some are already doing that right here at IORR. Some think the true end came at the conclusion of ABB on August 26 2007 and I would be inclined to agree with them especially if they don't produce at least a few new songs in the future or do at least one live performance.

Re: I LOVE THE STONES thumbs up
Date: May 27, 2012 02:01

Rolling Hansie
Come On guys, have one of these and enjoy life

Is it OK to have more than one of these?smileys with beer

Date: May 27, 2012 02:30

superrevvy
Picked up on this tour concept about 15 days ago, when what would happen
on SNL was still a mystery. The numbers need refining obviously, but
I still think its a go...

(Foos/Arcade etc for festivals only, Jeff Beck only at both festivals and
arena shows, advertised as the last 50 Stones shows ever, which makes the huge
gross possible, two shows each for the 25 biggest Stones cities in the world.
and nobody can complain about the arena prices because you can always
instead go to the festivals free)

superrevvy
Watched more live Arcade Fire and Foo Fighters...

Slept on it.

When only the Foos were in play, nothing made sense.

But Arcade Fire AND The Foos, both playing Stones songs on SNL, showcasing
their love of the Stones for their fans, with Mick...

Does no one else see it as making PERFECT sense if...

Arcade Fire/Foo Fighters/The Rolling Stones, a PERFECT free festival lineup.

25 festivals averaging 250,000 people each = 6,250,000 attendees
25 arena shows averaging 25,000 peep each = 625,000

rounded off total attendance 7 million!

625,000 arena attendees @ average $950 (utilizing auction seating) = $600 million
375,000 festival Golden Circle attendees @ average $260 = $100 million

rounded off total gross $700 million!

including merchandising over $1 billion!

Now we're talking a suitable sendoff for the greatest ever.

Now we're talking The Rolling Stones "Farewell" Tour featruing Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire!

Works for me, works very well for me, as a matter of fact.

Date: May 27, 2012 02:33

Rolling Hansie
Now, that I can appreciate.

Of course, who wouldn't smiling smiley

Probably those that think booze is a tool of the devil.drinking smiley

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: May 27, 2012 03:51

I do not know how to do this or even say it. The vibe is the essential point. But I would like to hear the band's Abbey Road....Wrap it up with some music that matters to the band, that sounds played for themselves and not the audience, music that says something. Hard to describe, but you know it when you hear it.

Date: May 27, 2012 04:42

pmk251
I do not know how to do this or even say it. The vibe is the essential point. But I would like to hear the band's Abbey Road....Wrap it up with some music that matters to the band, that sounds played for themselves and not the audience, music that says something. Hard to describe, but you know it when you hear it.

You have said it exceptionally well. I know (and feel) exactly of what you speak. The band's "Abbey Road", very profound. I would love to see them spend whatever time they have left in the studio closing out their career writing songs that (as you put it) "say something". What true fan wouldn't want this?

Posted by: NoMistake ()
Date: May 27, 2012 04:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-27 12:01 by NoMistake.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 27, 2012 05:12

Would be nice to see Mick and Keith become really close in their latter years

Well, I suppose it is possible, but I do not imagine this happening. They're adults living on different continents, with their own families and interests.

Date: May 27, 2012 05:13

I will listen to..Bethlehem, Schatten aus der alexander welt

Date: May 27, 2012 05:14

24FPS
A studio album with a bluesy feel, including Bill on bass and Mick Taylor contributing. And maybe an unearthed cut from the 60s with Brian that they make into something interesting. Something heartfelt and not just a by the numbers lazy ass chuck berryish fast numbers job. They wouldn't even have to tour if they could just put out one more meaningful album.

+1

Date: May 27, 2012 05:18

SweetThing

Well, I suppose it is possible, but I do not imagine this happening. They're adults living on different continents, with their own families and interests.

Well, one thing is for certain, they are not shy at getting on an airplane, although, that could change as they get older, I suppose. I just hope I can live long enough to see this soap opera play itself out.

Date: May 27, 2012 05:23

SweetThing

Well, one thing is for certain, they are not shy at getting on an airplane, although, that could change as they get older, I suppose. I just hope I can live long enough to see this soap opera play itself out.

even if it ends in a fight?

Date: May 27, 2012 05:23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-27 12:01 by NoMistake.

Date: May 27, 2012 05:29

SweetThing
SweetThing

I see nothing but smooth sailing from here on in between Mick and Keith. The worst is behind them. I expect at least one great album from them, maybe more.

Date: May 27, 2012 05:37

SweetThing
SweetThing

I see nothing but smooth sailing from here on in between Mick and Keith. The worst is behind them. I expect at least one great album from them, maybe more.

I think this so called "rift thing" has played itself out as a promotional tool at this point. In fact, I think the soap opera is over. Still want to see how long they take this thing. Probably until one of the them cashes in his chips.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 27, 2012 11:19

My perfect ending would have been if Keith had not published his demeaning remarks about Mick in 'Life' and just been diplomatic. As it is, it's just embarrassing and undignified to air their squabbles at this late stage and I think it has had the effect of preventing 50th anniversary events which would have happened by now.

Date: May 27, 2012 18:41

Bliss
My perfect ending would have been if Keith had not published his demeaning remarks about Mick in 'Life' and just been diplomatic. As it is, it's just embarrassing and undignified to air their squabbles at this late stage and I think it has had the effect of preventing 50th anniversary events which would have happened by now.

That book is always going to be shrouded in mystery I think. Many things about it just don't add up. Why would Keith suddenly cut the hand off that has been feeding him all these years? Why would Mick reportedly "sign off" on the book in the first place? Why write the book between tours especially with the 50th anniversary on the horizon? Why not wait until the end of your career to write it? The only thing that makes any sense to me is that it was (in part) a brilliant promotional tool that helped keep the band in the news while they bided time awaiting the 50th anniversary. Just think of all the crazy news grabbing events that have taken place since the last tour. Ronnie's antics with the young girls comes to mind. Suddenly Ronnie is sober. Suddenly Mick and Keith have made up. All in time for what? The 50th anniversary celebration. Regardless, whether it was scripted, or real, the fact is that they always seem to find a way to come together when it's time to rock 'n' roll. It's going to be no different this time except for they are going to need to be a little lucky in the health department if they are planning some mega tour that would eclipse ABB. Hopefully, they will scale it down this time. I wouldn't want to see them have to abort halfway into some crazy blockbuster mega tour. A new album, a few live performances, then call it a day.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 27, 2012 18:53

I would like to see Mick and Keith sit down together and write some blues based grown up music such as Dylan has done. Jagger singing about his libido at 68-69 years old is a little silly. I beleive they have it in them. Don't worry if its a hit or not they should not care at this point. I don't think that they are up for a long tour but shows in Boston, New York, Chicago, LA and somewhere in the southern US. Then London, Scotland, Paris and a few more in Europe. No stadiums smaller settings where they can play anything with the hits sprinkled in. Then continue to work on the vaults. An album of blues standards would be grat as well. Whatever they do to quote Pete Thownsend don't grow old gracefully it wouldn't suit them!!

Date: May 27, 2012 21:32

slew
I would like to see Mick and Keith sit down together and write some blues based grown up music such as Dylan has done. Jagger singing about his libido at 68-69 years old is a little silly. I beleive they have it in them. Don't worry if its a hit or not they should not care at this point. I don't think that they are up for a long tour but shows in Boston, New York, Chicago, LA and somewhere in the southern US. Then London, Scotland, Paris and a few more in Europe. No stadiums smaller settings where they can play anything with the hits sprinkled in. Then continue to work on the vaults. An album of blues standards would be grat as well. Whatever they do to quote Pete Thownsend don't grow old gracefully it wouldn't suit them!!

I like your plan. And if they have some crazy idea about surviving (as a functional band) to their 60th then they need to take it to the studio and focus solely on writing and producing new songs. They could still do an occasional club show. Of course everything hinges on whether they can remain healthy and among the living.

Date: February 17, 2013 04:43

We all know that the end is near. Whether it ends next year, or as late as the 50th anniversary of Satisfaction in the summer of 2015, time is running out. So what is your perfect ending for the Rolling Stones? A classic new album? A blockbuster tour? Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor rejoin the band? Jeff Beck joins them on a farewell tour?

One last great album! One last tour! In 2022!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 17, 2013 09:18

Interviewer: When the time finally comes, how would you like to make your exit?

Keith: In a ball of smoke and a great explosion.

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: February 17, 2013 11:23

The perfect ending:

Charlie with an Uncle Sam´s hat on a donkey riding into the sunset.

Priest

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 17, 2013 14:40

Perfect ending? - No ending ...

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 17, 2013 15:54

Several years after they last perform together they reform for one last concert, are introduced by someone hip at the time, like Eddie Vedder, and end the show with the best song Mick has ever written, that sums up his whole career. Mick then dies on-stage, while the ghosts of family and former managers looks on.

Oh wait, that's the end of Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story

(Next to Spinal Tap one of the best rock n roll movies ever made)

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: February 17, 2013 15:57

I like this one

tatters wrote:
Mick Jagger, one of the last surviving people on earth who "saw" the early Rolling Stones in concert, dies peacefully in his sleep on July 26, 2050, his 107th birthday. The Rolling Stones really wouldn't be over until then.

On same day my mothers celebrates her 95th birthday.And i,71 then,will cry when the news hits from the "radio"(is then radio anymore?)
We are both drunken and my mother does´t remember who the hell Jagger is,but i think she does not remember him as sober anyway.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 17, 2013 16:56

One great night at the Ziggodome, Amsterdam with Mick Taylor and Bill added.
The Stones rocking like hell. Playing Sister Morphine, Moonlight Mile , Fancy Man Blues, Come On for instance

....and me crying my eyes out.

Getting home, drinking a few bottles of wine, and being thankful for their music for all those years.

jeroen

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home