Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Finally: Replacement DVD: Keith Richards Hollywood Palladium.
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 10, 2021 14:48

Finally: Replacement DVD: Keith Richards Hollywood Palladium.

Keith Richards Live At The Hollywood SuperDeLuxe Edition

Replacement DVD
Labelnumber DVD: 4500538588064
Matrix DVD: 538588065 17 A00
Matrix Mastering SID Code: IFPI L557
Matrix Mould SID Code: IFPI 948X

Not working DVD
Labelnumber DVD: 4500538588064
Matrix DVD: 538588065 17 A00
Matrix Mastering SID Code: IFPI L557
Matrix Mould SID Code: IFPI 942W

SID Codes Info:
[www.ip.philips.com]
[wiki.redump.org]

Notes:

Compare the Matrix Mould SID Codes, the new one is: IFPI 948X

For pictures see: [www.facebook.com]

Picture 01 /05 The New DVD.
Picture 06 / 10 Not Working DVD

Re: Finally: Replacement DVD: Keith Richards Hollywood Palladium.
Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: February 10, 2021 16:28

Great to hear that!!

Thank you for your information!!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: February 10, 2021 21:56

That's nice, but.... HOW do we get a replacement dvd?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 11, 2021 11:11

GJV

I have told JPPC.de that the dvd not was playable and ask what they are going to do with that problem, they contacted the supplier and did let me know that the supplier was working on the problem.
I emailed JPC.de a few more times and they informed me that once the problem was resolved they would send me a new one.
DVD delivered today 10-02-20221 and I do not have to return the not working DVD.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 11, 2021 16:36

Maybe I was lucky with this DVD, it plays fluently. I have a Panasonic 3D DMP-BDT110 Blu-Ray player.
My boxset came directly from the USA of Keith’s own site.
With the Steelwheels Live boxset I wasn’t that lucky with the Blu-Ray disc. They send me a new boxset, but both Blu-Ray discs stopped at exactly the same spot on YGAGWYW. If remember correctly around 1 minute and 42 seconds....
At the end I got an stand alone BLu-Ray disc and that plays without trouble. So maybe it had something to do with the disc or with my equipment.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 11, 2021 20:59

UrbanSteel
GJV

I have told JPPC.de that the dvd not was playable and ask what they are going to do with that problem, they contacted the supplier and did let me know that the supplier was working on the problem.
I emailed JPC.de a few more times and they informed me that once the problem was resolved they would send me a new one.
DVD delivered today 10-02-20221 and I do not have to return the not working DVD.

Thank you for your explanation. I bought it at Amazon.nl so I will do the same and ask them for a replacement disc.

Date: February 11, 2021 21:03

Christiaan
Maybe I was lucky with this DVD, it plays fluently. I have a Panasonic 3D DMP-BDT110 Blu-Ray player.
My boxset came directly from the USA of Keith’s own site.
With the Steelwheels Live boxset I wasn’t that lucky with the Blu-Ray disc. They send me a new boxset, but both Blu-Ray discs stopped at exactly the same spot on YGAGWYW. If remember correctly around 1 minute and 42 seconds....
At the end I got an stand alone BLu-Ray disc and that plays without trouble. So maybe it had something to do with the disc or with my equipment.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The fist version of the box I bought was also from the Keith site, but the dvd didn't play well, also the box was crushed, because it was sent to me in a plastic bag, which isn't the most smart and save way to send an expensive box from America to The Netherlands. I sent it back and ordered a new one on Amazon.nl, but the dvd problem wasn't solved.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-11 22:36 by GJV.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 11, 2021 23:40

smileys with beer Glad for you Jos and everybody! smileys with beer

Date: February 12, 2021 12:35

I contacted Amazon.nl this morning, but they only want to send another box. I asked them to contact the record company and ask for a replacement disc, but that was not possible and will not happen...????
Ofcourse I will return my box now and I immediately have ordered one at JPC.de and I hope they will send me a replacement disc if I ask for one.

Very strange that Amazon.jp don't make a fuss about it and send replacement discs, but Amazon.nl does not want to make any effort to get his customers a good playable disc..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-12 12:37 by GJV.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: February 12, 2021 17:43

Now if they could also fix the CD cool smileythumbs up

Date: March 3, 2021 01:07

Today I got my replacement dvd from JPC.
Didn't have the time to check it, but that's very fast, because I received the box last week from them and asked for a replacement disc last weekend.
Let's hope this disc is a good one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-03 01:08 by GJV.

Date: March 5, 2021 23:49

Watched the replacement disc this afternoon. It worked perfectly! First time I also saw the menue, with has oddly enough the cover of the Main Offender album in the lay out, which ofcourse didn't exist in 1988.

So if you want the box with an excellent working dvd, JPC looks like the best option, because they do not bother with exchanging the DVD, they will almost immediately send you a good working copy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-05 23:50 by GJV.

Date: March 6, 2021 01:21

I also bought on Ebay the signed poster (without the box) for 290 euro, which could be a bargain if it is genuine/authentic, but a huge waste of money if it turns out to be a fake.

Can anyone, who bought the signed edition, tell me if your signed poster is exactly the same as the unsigned one in the box, same quality of paper, same size and did you receive it folded or rolled?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 6, 2021 07:29

The signed poster is a different quality of paper (more like cardboard) and I for one received it a separate shipment, in an envelope, unfolded/unrolled.

I wanna say it's a bit smaller size than the folded, unsigned one in the boxset.

Sorry I can't make the size comparison anymore - I gave away the unsigned poster to a friend!

Now, Matt Lee might want to chime in on whether the signed poster on eBay for 290€ was a good deal. If it really was an authentic signature, it's an amazing deal IMO. Of course, it's hard to tell without seeing photos etc. But usually authentic KR ink goes for way more.

Even if the poster you bought on eBay were folded up or rolled up when you received, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The size would, however, give it away, if my recollection of the unsigned poster being bigger is true.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-06 12:13 by Topi.

Date: March 6, 2021 15:28

Topi
The signed poster is a different quality of paper (more like cardboard) and I for one received it a separate shipment, in an envelope, unfolded/unrolled.

I wanna say it's a bit smaller size than the folded, unsigned one in the boxset.

Sorry I can't make the size comparison anymore - I gave away the unsigned poster to a friend!

Now, Matt Lee might want to chime in on whether the signed poster on eBay for 290€ was a good deal. If it really was an authentic signature, it's an amazing deal IMO. Of course, it's hard to tell without seeing photos etc. But usually authentic KR ink goes for way more.

Even if the poster you bought on eBay were folded up or rolled up when you received, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The size would, however, give it away, if my recollection of the unsigned poster being bigger is true.

Thank you for your explanation.
I just opened the envelope and it looks like it is exactly as you described it.
It's smaller than the one in the box and made of firmer paper, looks more like cardboard and it's not folded and ofcourse not rolled being send in an envelope.

So it looks like to me genuine, but who knows?
He even send with it the order paper, with the order nummer, date etc.
But it can all be copies and fake stuff, ofcourse.

I also saw that he sold the box (whithout the signed poster) for 29 euro on ebay, with is also a crazy low price. So maybe he got it for free, or doesn't know what it's worth? I don't know, I hope it's real.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-06 15:31 by GJV.

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: March 6, 2021 18:57

How are people getting the new DVD, I have email the customer help email on the keith richards website where i bought the super deluxe signed box set several times with no answer. thanks for any help.

Date: March 6, 2021 20:12

So far only people who are living in Japan got one from Amazon.jp, or if you bought the box from JPC.de than it's no problem at all.

The replacement disc, I got, is a German one. So it looks like in Japan and Germany they have replacement discs ordered and made and are ready for sending these discs to buyers, who have problems with the original disc.

When I realised this I returned immediately my box from Amazon.nl and ordered one at JPC, just to get the replacement disc, but I understand that not everyone can do this after weeks, or months, having bought the box from somewhere else.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 6, 2021 20:37

Well, I know people were able to order multiple copies of the signed version...that still doesn't explain why the seller would sell the signed poster "below face value', so to speak. So maybe they did indeed get it free? But anyways, for your sake I hope it is indeed authentic!

(Another question here, of course, would be where they would have gotten the 'unsigned" cardboard version of the poster to forge the signature on...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-06 20:38 by Topi.

Date: March 6, 2021 20:58

Topi
Well, I know people were able to order multiple copies of the signed version...that still doesn't explain why the seller would sell the signed poster "below face value', so to speak. So maybe they did indeed get it free? But anyways, for your sake I hope it is indeed authentic!

(Another question here, of course, would be where they would have gotten the 'unsigned" cardboard version of the poster to forge the signature on...)

Yes, everything is possible. Let's hope for the best!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-06 20:59 by GJV.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 6, 2021 23:25

I think what you bought sounds 100% authentic. No telling why someone is selling something at what they are selling for, maybe they are hard up for quick cash, who knows. But I think you did good on that poster.

jb

Date: March 7, 2021 03:46

Thanks! Ofcourse I will never know for sure, I think so too!

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: March 11, 2021 21:33

Just got a new DVD in the mail here in the US.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home