Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIP Bunny Wailer
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 2, 2021 18:47

Re: RIP Bunny Wailer
Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: March 2, 2021 18:57

Sad news indeed

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 2, 2021 18:58

Sad...RIP Bunny Wailer.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 2, 2021 19:00

Sad to hear this news. RIP Bunny.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 2, 2021 19:04

He was Reggae royalty. Saw him once in the late 80s in Washington D.C. and again at Reggae On The River in the late 90s. A commanding and mesmerizing stage presence.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 2, 2021 19:34

Damn.... Big loss.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 2, 2021 19:35

The third living stone of the Wailers passes, so sad a day. He gave me my name, Jah Bill, way back in the early 80s. A real star and a great human being besides being one of the foundational cornerstones of reggae music. He looked over and guided me more than once in Jamaica and opened many doors to me that would otherwise keep me out. Rise In Powa brother you were truly the cornerstone that the builder once refused.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-02 19:41 by jbwelda.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 2, 2021 20:00

RIP, Bunny

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 2, 2021 20:16

backed by Roots Radics, you can see me backstage at some points. This was approx 10am after an all night session in Mobay, Reggae Sunsplash.

jb

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: March 2, 2021 23:02

sad,r.i.p. Bunny.

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: March 2, 2021 23:13

Damn. A true giant. At LEAST as good as "the other two".

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 2, 2021 23:25

sad smiley

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: March 3, 2021 01:23

Sad.
So many of the reggae greats are leaving us...

Date: March 3, 2021 04:10

jb

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 3, 2021 11:38

RIP. 1 of the greats...

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 4, 2021 13:30

Thank You Bunny for all The Music and then some Peace....2 Great books I recommend "Bass Culture"by Lloyd Bradley and "I&I The Natural Mystics Marley,Tosh & Wailer by Colin Grant....Be Well Everyone.M

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 4, 2021 14:53

RIP Bunny

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 4, 2021 15:16

Sad news...RIP Bunny...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 4, 2021 15:17

R.I.P. Bunny Wailer.

Bob Marley and The Wailers have always been my favourite Reggae Band. thumbs up

Date: March 4, 2021 19:47

Better book on Jamaican culture is Laurie Gunst's Born Fe Dead.

"BM and the Wailers" were not a band, they were (originally) a vocal trio.

Edit to add: wasn't really as clear cut as that. Originally the vocal trio was called The Wailers, then after Bob Marley left the island to work in the USA and then returned, he hooked back up with them (they had continued successfully without him into the Rocksteady era) they basically became BM & the Wailers under Lee Perrys production, then Chris Blackwell picked them up for his Island Records label where the trio recorded and released two albums (?) before Blackwell talked Marley into ditching the other two because of problems getting them to cooperate and tour (Bunny Wailers didn't want to leave the land of milk and honey to tour and Tosh was just an uncooperative pain in the ass a lot of the time) and becoming Bob Marley and the Wailers with "the Wailers" being the band led by Familyman Barrett on bass. So it was a process to go from The Wailers, meaning the vocal trio of Marley, Wailers/Livingstone and Peter Tosh/Touch/McIntosh, to BM and the Wailers where the Wailers were an actual backing band with backup singers the I Threes. Its actually more complicated even than that because at various times the vocal trio was actually four or five people or some combination of those various vocalists.

Good to see the support for the last LivingStone of the original Wailers. His remakes of Wailers classics in many cases surpassed the originals in my eye and ear.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-05 01:36 by jbwelda.

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: March 5, 2021 22:49

Blackheart Man is a a great album. To be honest, after the original Wailers split up, he played 3rd fiddle to Marley and Tosh, but he had a much longer innings than both of them and is rightly regarded as reggae royalty.

He didn't like the weather in London - one of the reasons he didn't want to tour, which led to the parting of ways with Bob n Peter. Wonder what he would have made of Scottish weather....confused smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1401
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home