Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- Bonnie's Back!
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 21, 2012 22:07

Bonnie Raitt of course and with a great new record. Her slide playing just gets better and better, man the girl can play!

Her selection of songs is great too with about 1/2 rockers and 1/2 sweet ballad-like songy songs. Emotional ones. After a first listen through the album I was inspired to pick up the guitar and play my ass off. I love it when that happens.

Edith Grove and other New Orleans people will be happy to hear that it sounds like she has been spending some time around the Neville's.

The record is called Slipstream and the tracks are as follows:

1. Used to Rule the World
2. You Can't Fail me Now
3. Take My Love with You
4. Standing in the Doorway
5. Split Decision
6. Right Down the Line
7. Not Cause I Wanted To
8. Million Miles
9. Marriage Made in Hollywood
10.God Only Knows
11.Down to You
12.Ain't Gonna Let You Go

I would have loved to add some production and other credits info but iTunes SUCKS for not providing that info with purchased downloads. Lazy fockers.

I highly recommend checking it out, just for the slide and electric guitar tones if nothing else. peace

Re: OT- Bonnie's Back!
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 21, 2012 22:26

I just bought this cd, and I love it! " Take My Love With You" is my favorite track on the cd but Bonnie is great all the way through. I hope to see her in concert soon.

Date: May 22, 2012 04:48

mickschix
I just bought this cd, and I love it! " Take My Love With You" is my favorite track on the cd but Bonnie is great all the way through. I hope to see her in concert soon.

i agree good cd

Date: May 22, 2012 14:03

There really isn't a bad track on the whole CD, although my personal favorite ,as of today, is the opener "Used to Rule the World". peace

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 22, 2012 16:22

Its great
Love her
jeroen

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 22, 2012 17:20

Kudos to producer Joe Henry who gave Bonnie plenty of space to stretch out on guitar rather than try to temper the arrangements into "pop" songs.

Date: May 23, 2012 13:21

R
Kudos to producer Joe Henry who gave Bonnie plenty of space to stretch out on guitar rather than try to temper the arrangements into "pop" songs.

thumbs up agreed. Some great guitar on this record. And thanks, I didn't have that info from iTunes damn it! peace

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 23, 2012 15:51

Sometimes an artist puts out an album that is exactly what you want to hear from them. This is one of those albums. Flawless.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home