Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Van Halen is at it again...They have cancelled their tour
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 18, 2012 21:50

sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
I'm glad I got to see VH in their prime, during the late 70s, once in a small hall, the next time opening for the Stones at the Louisiana Superdome,
but I wouldn't give a nickel to see these guys anymore.
So you want your Nickleback.Is that what your saying?winking smiley

No, I want my 70 bucks back from that sloppy show I saw a couple of years ago. angry smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 18, 2012 21:54

Send It To me
It's sad they way they treated Mike Anthony. They extorted him into signing away all his future income by allowing him on the '04 tour, after already cutting his share several years before. Then they unceremoniously dumped him. Karma coming around...

wow I hadn't heard that story, that is indeed a bit of tough treatment.I know Max's Kansas City really likes Michael Anthony and he will be sorry to hear he was treated so poorly. Karma is unavoidable, they will hang themselves it seems, given enough rope. peace

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 18, 2012 22:14

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 20:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 18, 2012 22:45

Max'sKansasCity
Just another tale of one of these bands where the lead singer got too big for his britches. He thought he didnt need the band who brought him to the party. He was a poor boy who became very wealthy and started dreaming he somehow became better than the others... Then he wanted to show em.... So he wanted to go off on his own... wanted to do his own thing... leave his band mates out of it... He didnt realize his fans simply viewed him as the lead singer of his first band. he was mistaken.

He told his fans he didnt owe them anything.... then
his fans told him they didnt owe him anything....

and eventually not 2 shits were given about this has-been lead singer who wanted to deny what he really was... just a lead singer in a rock and roll band, nothing more nothing less... but his ego got the best of him... and now... not 1 shit is given about him. People who used to be HUGE FANS walked away.... shaking their heads at his stupidity.

There is a moral here.

Dance Sing with the one who brought you... dont get too big for your britches... dont forget you are just a poor boy who got lucky being a singer in a rock and roll band.... Take care of your fans, and they will take care of you... or not.

Life went on quite fine after this band stopped being a band... just another in a long line....

umm actually it was EVH who drove DLR out of the band by wanting to go in a softer and more synth based direction

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 18, 2012 22:56

Too bad for the fans who bought tickets, they have an open camera and video policy. Just no TV cameras or Tripods. I took my $5,000 SLR with Zoom and shot for 2 hrs from the 4th row. Shot 1500+ photos and no security issues. Venues are told to instruct security at the gates to allow them in and not to bother fans taking pictures.

Band was aware of my big lens and gave me smiles, pointing to me, posing, it was very strange thinking that someone at somepoint would take my memory card.

Show was fair, but lighting was fantastic for taking pictures.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: May 19, 2012 00:47

Postponed due to burnout and possible Olymipc qualification of the drummer's son (Steeplechase)

Speculation that band is not getting along are b.s.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: May 19, 2012 00:55

if you want the source for info much like here and shidoobee for the stones. Go to vhnd.com. They are fine. Taking a break and reworking those dates. No fighting and no cancer.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 19, 2012 09:18

stonesdan60
. Imagine the Stones at the height of their commercial popularity firing Jagger and trying to continue with - say - Rod Stewart or somebody else. The fans accepted Hagar and then VH goes and dumps him for somebody else, etc.

Yeah, that would be as crazy as the Faces playing without Rod and getting someone like Mick Hucknall to sing in his place.....oh.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 19, 2012 09:27

trainarollin
Too bad for the fans who bought tickets, they have an open camera and video policy. Just no TV cameras or Tripods. I took my $5,000 SLR with Zoom and shot for 2 hrs from the 4th row. Shot 1500+ photos and no security issues. Venues are told to instruct security at the gates to allow them in and not to bother fans taking pictures.

Band was aware of my big lens and gave me smiles, pointing to me, posing, it was very strange thinking that someone at somepoint would take my memory card.

Show was fair, but lighting was fantastic for taking pictures.

What a tease! Care to share a couple of those shots with your friends here? I for one would appreciate it. peace

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: May 19, 2012 11:41

71Tele
stonesdan60
. Imagine the Stones at the height of their commercial popularity firing Jagger and trying to continue with - say - Rod Stewart or somebody else. The fans accepted Hagar and then VH goes and dumps him for somebody else, etc.

Yeah, that would be as crazy as the Faces playing without Rod and getting someone like Mick Hucknall to sing in his place.....oh.

Not quite a valid comparison. It seems the Faces wanted to play for fun and if Rod didn't want to do it, they got MH, but it's not like they're a huge stadium draw that has to worry about selling 80,000 seats per show. Plus, the reason most fans would go to a modern day Faces show is to hear Ron Wood play his old stuff; a bit different than why people see the Stones. Perhaps the Stones could have gone on and kept some fans without Jagger but I doubt they would have gone on to become the huge stadium draw without Mick. To many fans Mick was why they went to see the Stones live - the most charasmatic, energetic showman in rock and roll. Who could replace him? Although a much lesser band, look at Bad Company. Replacing Paul Rodgers? Nobody seemed to care about them after that. To be fair to Van Halen, I guess there's a lot of fans who just idolize Eddie's guitar skills. The Stones are a different animal; not just about any one member but the magic that results from the ensemble, of which Mick is an irreplaceable part.

Date: May 20, 2012 00:48

Nickleback? Are you gonna get Matchbox 20's new record?

Posted by: straycatdevil ()
Date: May 20, 2012 02:00

Van Halen rocks. Saw them in chicago in feb. and it was great. The rolling stones, The Who, and Van halen are easily the 3 greatest live bands ever.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: May 20, 2012 02:56

straycatdevil
Van Halen rocks. Saw them in chicago in feb. and it was great. The rolling stones, The Who, and Van halen are easily the 3 greatest live bands ever.
Agree 100%. I've seen many many concerts since 1971 and VH in the early 80's is in my top 5 shows. They still rock.

I remember the 1983 tour like it was yesterday.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 21, 2012 01:41

straycatdevil

I'd agree with two outta three....VH top three live bands ever??? No! Just for starters I would put The Kinks, J Geils Band, Grateful Dead (go ahead and start Throwing Stones) and Aerosmith (1972-1978) well ahead!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: June 13, 2012 19:44

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 13, 2012 21:26

custom55
[www.wbir.com]

Wolfie needs to learn all he can, then dump his @#$%& old man and get a real job in a real band.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: June 13, 2012 22:08

Rumored for 2013 Super bowl

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 13, 2012 22:58

Love the last line of the article regarding AC/DC: Malcolm is the riff master!!

Date: June 13, 2012 23:32

custom55
straycatdevil
Agree 100%. I've seen many many concerts since 1971 and VH in the early 80's is in my top 5 shows. They still rock.

I remember the 1983 tour like it was yesterday.

They may indeed "rock" but they deserve a special place in Rock Hell for these outfits.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 14, 2012 01:21

Have you seen some of Mick's outfits in 81-82?!?

Date: June 14, 2012 01:24

DGA35
Have you seen some of Mick's outfits in 81-82?!?

Yes, but I just tried to close my eyes and think happy thoughts.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home