Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Some sort of rock music revival in 2021...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 28, 2021 19:56

Neither of them are favorites but I must admit they have pulled of doing really good rock and roll hit songs in 2020/21. Both songs on heavy rotation on the radio here in Sweden.
I think these songs are on par with their 70/80s big hits. And I who thought rock and roll was dead. I'm talking about AC/DC and Bruce Springsteen. Here are the two songs I'm talking about:

AC/DC, "Shot In The Dark": [www.youtube.com]
Bruce S, "Ghosts": [www.youtube.com]

What do you think? Is there still hope for rock music? And do you think this is something The Rolling Stones could pull off? Making hits in the 2020s I mean...

Re: OT: Some sort of rock music revival in 2021...
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 28, 2021 20:04

Ghost town was on heavy rotation in Sweden april-june...wasn´t it?

Date: January 28, 2021 20:11

Perhaps, Björn. I tend to mostly listen to SR P4. Afternoons and nights mostly. I still hear that one quite often. I don't know about the commercial radio stations though. I rarely listen to them.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 28, 2021 20:15

Neither the new AC/DC tune or the Bruce tune moved me in any way, though it was nice to see/hear Bruce perform live on SNL even though I've never been a fan of his.

The only recent new tune that truly mattered to me was the Stones' Ghost Town, and it would be nice if would they release another new/original single some day, though not holding my breath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-28 20:16 by Hairball.

Date: January 28, 2021 20:17

Sorry, Björn. I mixed up Ghosts and Ghost Town. You're right of course. Ghost Town did get a lot of airtime too. As well as Criss Cross and Scarlet.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: January 29, 2021 03:23

The Dirty Knobs - Wreckless Abandon released Nov 2020 has some great tunes. Check out title track, Pistol Packing Mama and Sugar are solid RNR. Mike Campbell sounds a lot like Petty too.

The Empty Hearts - The Second Album Aug 2020. This "super" group really channels the 60s vibe with some catchy tunes. Nothing ground breaking but fun. Check out The World's Gone Insane.

Like blues/ psych blues check out Rose City Band - Summerlong May 2020

I'm searching for new music all the time, it's getting harder and harder to find....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 29, 2021 04:57

The Cult have been working on a new record due out this year as far as I know.

Drive-By Truckers put two albums out last year.

Such a weird thing, how rock music has become a secondary tier of popular music, but it still thumps along, whether it's Vlassic Rawk radio or older acts, or most, anyway, ha haaaaa, releasing new material every three or four years (and obviously touring).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home