Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
O.T. Any gigs that you are looking forward to ?
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 16, 2020 01:25

Just found out that James Walbourne (The Pretenders and Ray Davies) and his pal Peter Bruntnell are doing a gig at The Cavern Pub in Raynes Park soon , with local guys on bass and drums...............and really looking forward to this one.

Luckily from me in Epsom about 20 minutes on the train.

Great venue, and great local bands who play down there at normal times before covid got a hold of things in so many bad ways.

Hope a few videos come out from the gig.

Next Wednesday 8pm October 21st is in my diary.
Limited tickets and should be a great night. thumbs up

Re: O.T. Any gigs that you are looking forward to ?
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 16, 2020 01:34

Theres no gigs around here anytime soon

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 16, 2020 01:54

Many here will have been to London's 02 Arena to see the Stones and/or other bands.

On 5 December, the 02 will have its first socially distanced music gig - which will be the wonderful Squeeze, who only a few days ago released a new album, including a song in tribute to our nurses working on Covid wards here (one of them is even rapping on the song).

The gig sounds like an intriguing experiment and it will be interesting to know how it works out in practice and about the reaction of the audience and also the band. Capacity reduced from 20,000 to 4,700 and lots of Covid-safe measures in place.

Here are the details:

[www.theo2.co.uk]

This is a socially distanced event. Find out about everything we're doing to keep you safe below. This event is permitted to go ahead and will adhere to the Tier 2 guidelines for socially distanced events.

The O2 arena has announced it will host its first live music event for more than eight months, with British band Squeeze set to play to socially distanced fans on Saturday 5th December 2020. The arena event is a major step forward in getting the live event industry back up and running after all venues were closed in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The socially distanced event will see the venue’s capacity reduced from 20,000 to 4700, with tickets being sold in groups of ones, twos, threes and fours only and a seating configuration which is in line with the UK government’s one metre plus guidelines. Seats will remain empty between each group and one-way routes have been installed throughout the arena and concourse.

To ensure the customer experience is contactless, all ticketing will use AXS Mobile ID via The O2 venue app, which also enables pre-ordering of food and drink as well as merchandise to reduce queuing with fast collection lanes.

Visitors will only be allowed to bring a single clear bag into the arena and the wearing of face coverings will be mandatory, except when eating and drinking within the seats. The show will end by 10pm to allow fans to leave the site safely at a distance.

The O2 has purchased electrostatic foggers to deliver a charged anti-bacterial spray across the venue that will envelope all surfaces, providing protection for up to 30 days, with a heightened cleaning regime before, during and after the event.

Steve Sayer, The O2 GM and VP said: “We have been working incredibly hard to bring back events at The O2 and put measures in place to ensure our fans will have a safe and COVID-19 secure experience. At the moment, we’re only able to host under a quarter of our capacity in the arena, so this is not a long term solution for us or other venues and we continue to press the government for targeted support and guidance to get the live events industry and its supply chain back on its feet.”

“The O2 was designed to give artists and fans the best live music in the world and we look forward to doing that again with Squeeze. As The O2 returns to live, it’s really fitting that a band from the local area are the ones to reopen our doors to the public once again. The whole team are excited to see them on our stage for the first time.”

Squeeze, who hail from South East London and have performed at The O2’s smaller venue, indigo at The O2 multiple times, were keen to be part of The O2’s re-opening.

Glenn Tilbrook said “I am so thrilled to be playing The O2 with Squeeze and to be able to chalk up another first for us on this hallowed ground, previously the site of a gasworks, whose social club featured a double bill of Chris Difford and myself with Bucks Fizz’s Cheryl Baker. That was a long time ago. We are putting a lot of time and energy into this show to make it one not to forget. See you there! Love, Glenn.”

Steve Homer, AEG Presents CEO added: “We are excited to be promoting a live music show again after what seems like an eternity! Squeeze, hailing originally from Greenwich, are a perfect artist to kick things back off again at The O2 and we are delighted they are supporting such an important step of getting back to live music.”

O2 customers can get Priority Tickets 48 hours before general release from 10am Wednesday 7th October 2020 through the Priority app. Tickets go on general sale at 10am on Friday 9th October 2020 from www.theo2.co.uk.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 16, 2020 02:09

Going to concerts is not on my priority list right now. Luckily we have tv, radio and the internet. And records, if someone remembers what that was/is? And considering the steep price curve
on event tickets, up until the virus hit us, people are saving a lot of money. Money, surely, needed elsewhere on the priority list.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 16, 2020 02:18

At the same time, many of those working in the music industry are freelance/self-employed and their livelihoods have been decimated.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 16, 2020 02:27

Sure, Beast. I do understand that.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 16, 2020 03:06

Have lots of tickets still but not looking forward to any just yet since nothing will happen in the near term.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 16, 2020 03:29

While I do miss the live experience, I'm quite content right now staying low and trying to stay out of range of the virus.
While restrictions have eased up a bit in public places, I don't feel fully comfortable letting my guard down completely - socially distanced or not.
New waves of the nasty virus are still coming and going, more severe in some places over others, and where it escalates or dissipates nobody really knows.
I missed quite a few shows because of this damn pandemic, and haven't been to a live show since 10 months ago last December gosh dang it!!! But I can wait....

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 16, 2020 03:33

Yes, I am looking forward to ANY gig. sad smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 16, 2020 03:44

.....At this moment
No gigs for this kid .... I wanna see meself live ...

ROCKMAN

Date: October 16, 2020 03:48

Rockman
.....At this moment
No gigs for this kid .... I wanna see meself live ...

Meh... a bit over-rated IMHO. grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 16, 2020 03:55

The Cult had December 4th in Biloxi, MS but I think the whole tour's cancelled. That was on back in May but their website says no shows scheduled. I was planning to go at first but regardless of what I think about it now it's not happening.

Date: October 16, 2020 04:05

Meh... a bit over-rated IMHO

Bit over cooked is more like it ....
But with some gentle lighting and
a good pair of pantie-hose ya can fool the crowd ... HHHaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: October 16, 2020 04:19

Rockman
Meh... a bit over-rated IMHO

Bit over cooked is more like it ....
But with some gentle lighting and
a good pair of pantie-hose ya can fool the crowd ... HHHaaaa

I’ve been trying to fool ‘em for years. Stay safe Rockeee!

Date: October 16, 2020 04:24

Yeah yeah ... Stay safe Annie .... X

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: October 16, 2020 04:50

video: [www.tmz.com] the new normal? flaming lips had show few days ago-band & fans in their own separate bubbles. not for me for sure!

Date: October 16, 2020 04:55

Yeah I can see Keef and Charlie in one of them .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 16, 2020 05:32

Rockman
Yeah I can see Keef and Charlie in one of them .....

[youtu.be]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 16, 2020 06:19

Big Rasta convocation and harvest festival, three days on private land near Santa Cruz, California coming up over the last weekend of the month. Mostly localish artists, but these things have vibes like you wouldn't believe. Nearly as much as Saturday afternoon at Ras Michael's yard in Los Angeles. Big vibes and friendly atmosphere, good food, good music, good sound featuring Inner Standing mega sound system (UK steppers style in full effect), good herbs, no police or authorities.

jb

Date: October 16, 2020 07:12

AAAwwwww yeah forgot about that one Cristiano ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 16, 2020 08:16

I just was asked by a friend if I wanted to head to Lake Tahoe to record a band at a socially distanced small gig at a ski resort. Fun band that I have hung out with and recorded before, ride both ways, condo to stay at. A year ago there would have been no question but this time I said thanks, but no thanks.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 16, 2020 08:53

everything got cancelled

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 16, 2020 08:54

but expecting a ronnie wood dvd in the mail, so guess i watch that this weekend smiling smiley)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 16, 2020 10:33

haven't thought about Squeeze in a long time, they were one of my favorite outfits for quite a while. Really thought they were pretty exceptional. Very Kinks-like in a way.

jb

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 16, 2020 11:28

Some friends are going to a drive in concert this weekend, will be interested to hear how that pans out!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: October 16, 2020 12:07

Looking forward to these but expecting most will be moving from 2021 to 2022-

-Foo fighters/the national in Lisbon
- green day in Huddersfield
- Aerosmith in Manchester
- pearl jam (2 nights) in London
- pearl jam in Kraków
- alanis morisette Manchester (with the Mrs)
- Elton Manchester
- Billie eillish Manchester (with the youngest)
- Harry styles Sheffield (with the eldest)

All these moved from 2020

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-16 16:22 by yorkshirestone.

Date: October 16, 2020 12:32

I went to a Dylan Leblanc-show in Oslo last weekend. It was a safe, social-distanced gig with 200 people.

It was fantastic to be able to go to a show again!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 16, 2020 13:17

I am just waiting to use the tickets that I already have, which are the WHO at the RAH and Wembley Arena - both of which have been postponed until ... ??? F**k knows when - at this rate ? And a couple of other things as well.

Got the ticket alert for Clapton at the RAH in May 2021, declined to buy. I don't trust the world situation. What with socially distanced gigs, god knows what kind of quarantine restrictions between various countries that will be in place and prone to change at a moment's notice, and the continuing utter uncertainty - I am making precisely no plans to go anywhere or do anything until all this has either died a natural death, or I have a died a natural death ! Whichever comes first ...

This is not life as we knew/know it, this is 'existence' ! An unpleasant and difficult one ...

Attending gigs is therefore 'on hold' for me ... until something resembling normality returns to us.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 16, 2020 14:17

To be perfectly honest, concert-going is, for me, not worth the bother until they completely relax social-distancing.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 16, 2020 14:40

Hello,

Booked for me and a mate to see the always excellent Jah Wobble & The Invaders of The Heart at Ronnie Scott's in November.

Suspect that it will not be happening now...waaaaahhhhhh!

Keep well all IORRians...

Cheers,

Simon.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1336
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home