Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fingerprint File in BBC The Serpent
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 6, 2021 23:19

The new BBC drama, following the story of Charles Sobhraj, uses Fingerprint File to pretty cool effect.

Nice to hear this 'deep cut' in a big drama.

Re: Fingerprint File in BBC The Serpent
Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: January 6, 2021 23:53

Yes and it sounded great. i was watching with my surround sound on the tv and the rhythm guitar just behind my left ear was loud and clear - in fact it sounded so good i wondered if it was a new 5.1 mix?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 7, 2021 00:11

Pretty intense drama that does a good job portraying Asia in the 70's with an appropriate soundtrack. Some of the accents, especially the actress portraying the French Canadian girlfriend, are pretty terrible, but it's a minor gripe and doesn't really detract from the overall story once you accept them.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 7, 2021 01:39

Cool that they'd pick up on that one.
Kinda a deepish cut.
Love to see a clip.

It was a very "visual" number descriptively.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-07 01:40 by hopkins.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 7, 2021 02:40

The song was a perfect fit in this drama, which has me captivated as much for the depiction of the 1970s hippy trail scene as for the story itself. I had not heard of Tahar Rahim before, but he portrays the charisma and sinister creepy menace of the character so well. Really good.

Date: January 7, 2021 11:09

Beast
The song was a perfect fit in this drama, which has me captivated as much for the depiction of the 1970s hippy trail scene as for the story itself. I had not heard of Tahar Rahim before, but he portrays the charisma and sinister creepy menace of the character so well. Really good.

Quite agree with you there, Beast, the atmosphere of the time and the place is captured perfectly in this series and this track works really well to reflect that.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 7, 2021 12:40

Moonlight Mile also appears in the last episode, to lasting effect.

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: January 7, 2021 15:25

don't know if this is available in your location?
bbc iplayer The Serpent ep1

Posted by: catlaw ()
Date: January 7, 2021 23:42

peoplewitheyes
The new BBC drama, following the story of Charles Sobhraj, uses Fingerprint File to pretty cool effect.

Nice to hear this 'deep cut' in a big drama.

Which episode?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 8, 2021 00:33

Catlaw, it's in the first few minutes of the very first episode. Definitely worth a look

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: January 8, 2021 11:17

I also noticed this and though it was used to amazing effect. In fact m girlfriend does not know the song (or that it was by the Stones) but she mentioned it too. The song has such a menacing sound despite being funky. Perfect choice.

It strikes me that it must be a fun job to be the music producer or consultant for film and TV. If I did the job though I bet it would be a Stones heavy list! grinning smiley

Posted by: catlaw ()
Date: January 8, 2021 21:03

peoplewitheyes
Catlaw, it's in the first few minutes of the very first episode. Definitely worth a look

Thanks, very nice!

Ready to download: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 8, 2021 22:21

mosthigh
Moonlight Mile also appears in the last episode, to lasting effect.

Yes, it was great to have the Stones at both the start and finish of this enthralling series.

It was a BBC-Netlix co-production, so it'll probably be released on Netflix in the next few months.

Posted by: WetWillie ()
Date: January 18, 2021 06:38

Thanks for calling attention to the series. I would have missed it. Being of a certain age, 72, it was painful at times to see the young people on their way to death.

Date: January 18, 2021 12:47

It's a really great series. I'm just done with episode 4, and that has a fantastic montage with Harry Nilsson's Jump into the Fire, which sounds so New Wave-punky to my ears, but released in 71.
Fingerprint File indeed sounds fantastic and works brilliantly.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 19, 2021 13:22

bakersfield
Yes and it sounded great. i was watching with my surround sound on the tv and the rhythm guitar just behind my left ear was loud and clear - in fact it sounded so good i wondered if it was a new 5.1 mix?

It would have to be as there are very few 5.1 versions of Stones studio material, actually there was only SFTD (from 2003) until GHS Deluxe was released last year !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1445
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home