Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor @ The Iridium Jazz Club, NYC May 12, 2012
Date: May 14, 2012 06:34

Here's some exciting videos and pics of Mick T @ The Iridium Jazz Club in NYC last night, May 12, 2012. I went to both shows, got to meet Mick T between shows. Mick T is awesome, both shows were fabulous, Mick T was getting alot of cheering and clapping and although normally he just stands there and never gets too flashy, he started to get into it more as the energy in the room was contagious. Mick T tapped into our energy and he was really, really good, fabulous, super-talented. I love him! At the end of the show I got his guitar pick!

These are the videos I took of last night's gig.

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

]

In the last pic you can see the green guitar pics on the mike stand, I took this pic to show the Les Paul wall display, but I snapped the guitar picks too!

Re: Mick Taylor @ The Iridium Jazz Club, NYC May 12, 2012
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 14, 2012 06:40

Thank you for the post! Very very cool!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 14, 2012 07:01

Thank you Ellen, You are awesome...
really really appreciate all of your efforts...
capturing and posting this great video, THANKS FOR SHARING!!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 14, 2012 07:16

thanks! also for having the best name on this board

Date: May 14, 2012 07:20

flacnvinyl
Thank you for the post! Very very cool!

Wow! Mick Taylor has lost a substantial amount of weight! Looks fantastic! Just has to be something up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 07:21 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 14, 2012 07:40

cool pics. thx.mick t is still awesome.

Date: May 14, 2012 08:23

I've always liked Mick a very down to earth dude.He's always had a good head of hair.

cheers BKB

Flower Power
PEACE

Posted by: novica ()
Date: May 14, 2012 15:14

great post !
thanks !

is there any audio recording ?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 14, 2012 17:13

Nice pics. Agreed, Mick has lost a great deal of weight. Hopefully he is taking care of himself.

Who is that drummer? Did Bernard Purdie play that night?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 14, 2012 17:34

Great job BitchKeepsBitchin........Thanks

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 14, 2012 18:22

Many thanks for sharing al those vids and pics. Great shots and nice story!

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: May 14, 2012 19:24

Thanks for the pics and the videos!
CrazyMama

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 19:32

This may mean nothing, but knowing how the Stones have generally operated....Mick Taylor has had much shorter hair lately and had gained a lot of weight. I can't help but speculate that the Stones camp has urged him to lose weight and get his hair looking more like it did when he was a Stone. Preparing for a Stones tour? I wouldn't count it out...

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: May 14, 2012 19:37

>Who is that drummer? Did Bernard Purdie play that night?

It's Jeff Allen, who plays regularly with Mick. Maybe Pretty Purdie
had other commitments?

N

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 14, 2012 19:44

hbwriter
thanks! also for having the best name on this board
It's everybody else around here who should have that name. She's way too nice.....But a great job indeed E.cool smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:06

Great stuff, Thanks!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:11

Just speculating, but it seems that Mick Taylor being pulled back into the Stones orbit, via Plundered My Soul, has been good for him. He's gone from forgotten to valued. The dark whirlwind that the Stones were at one time has passed. Now he can get a little satisfaction from the reflected glow.

Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:38

hello Ellen
I have emailed you privately through your youtube account. I would be interested in a compile dvd of each of these two shows you attended (Mick Taylor Iridium jazz clun + Ronnie's atlantic city). I may help you with stones or even hopefully Bruce barcelona 2012 stuff.
You can email me privately to: silvertrain@telefonica.net

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 14, 2012 20:40

[www.rollingstone.com]

Former Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor ended his recent first set at the New York jazz club Iridium with the closest thing so far, in that band's 50th year, to a birthday present: a long spell in the instrumental-groove half of "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" from Sticky Fingers. Taylor, who co-starred on the original track with saxophonist Bobby Keys, shared the soloing with his group, which included guitarist Jon Paris, two ex-Jeff Beck sidemen – keyboard player Max Middleton and bassist Wilbur Bascomb – and the venerable session drummer Bernard Purdie.

Taylor's own break seemed curt and unduly reserved for a band leader – clipped phrases, single notes briefly shaken with tremolo – until you remembered that he dazzled with the same understatment on the 1971 recording. The swing was looser this time, more stroll than panther's strut, and so was Taylor's articulation. At 63, Taylor is forever condemned to comparisons with the quiet concentrated fire he brought to the Stones' second golden age, when he joined the band in 1969 at 20. He now plays with a survivor's tone and honesty: direct, unhurried and a little ragged at times; the sound of a man who got to know the blues and the price of glory too well.

Losing Faith, Breaking Down
At Iridium, Taylor looked as uneasy in the limelight as he did in the sidelight during his five years with the Stones, making barely necessary eye contact through his thick, graying bangs with the fans at this sold-out show. It wasn't hard to hear why: Taylor's singing was, at best, serviceable, almost boy-ishly rough. There was more vocal expression and projection in his tart, jabbing fills and the pensive snarl of his solos. The seesaw of Taylor's life after he left the Stones in 1974 – the drifting, substance abuse and dogged return to health and a more modest celebrity – was evident in the original songs "Losing My Faith" and "Fed Up With the Blues." Taylor also freely acknowledged his inspirations: B.B. and Albert King in the former song; a lick from Bo Diddley's "I'm a Man" in the latter, along with a quote from Freddy King's "I'm Tore Down."

It is ironic that Taylor essentially packed Iridium as an ex-Stone. He was one of rock's great sideman before his tenure in the Stones' vertigo – as a teenager in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers – and after, for Jack Bruce and on Bob Dylan's Infidels and 1984 European tour. Even in the Stones, Taylor played more like a counterpart than a member, against the Glimmer Twins' R&B-scoundrel grain with melodic determination and clarity.

His mixed emotions from that time still show: Taylor stumbled over the word "Stones" when he introduced the instrumental take on "Can't You Hear Me Knocking." But at Iridium, for an encore, Taylor came back with Robert Johnson's "Stop Breaking Down," reprising the rhythm and his wiry-shriek slide work from the Stones' Exile on Main Street cover. "I got some stuff that will blow you away," Taylor sang at one point – and let us have it, a little bit at a time.

Posted by: mecormany ()
Date: May 15, 2012 01:06

great stuff, bkb. those of us in the hinterlands very much appreciate your time, effort and devotion. oh, for a week long gig in chicago in an intimate setting.

Posted by: glimmertwin50 ()
Date: May 15, 2012 02:15

Thanks for the videos and pix. Mick Taylor is one of the most lyrical guitarists in the genre's history. I also found him to be very nice on the occasions that I talked with him - very humble musician.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 15, 2012 07:26

That's the night that I went...

Thanks for the videos!

Date: May 15, 2012 08:01

I'm glad you appreciate the post. Heres part of my conversation with Mick T. I told him I saw him for the first time in 1972 at MSG. He was impressed and said: You were there? I said yeah, and I was mad when you quit the Stones, but I'm over it now. He said: Yeah I was mad back then, but I'm over it now too! So Mick T was mad when quit, it wasnt because he couldnt handle the drugs. I get it now, and I respect his decision. I didnt ask what he was mad about, because its been discussed/speculated on the boards numerous times. I dont think Mick T has a mean bone in his body, and rather than say something bad about Keef or the Jag to the public, he just walked away quietly. He has integrity dignity, and courage.

Date: May 15, 2012 08:07

BitchKeepsBitchin
I'm glad you appreciate the post. Heres part of my conversation with Mick T. I told him I saw him for the first time in 1972 at MSG. He was impressed and said: You were there? I said yeah, and I was mad when you quit the Stones, but I'm over it now. He said: Yeah I was mad back then, but I'm over it now too! So Mick T was mad when quit, it wasnt because he couldnt handle the drugs. I get it now, and I respect his decision. I didnt ask what he was mad about, because its been discussed/speculated on the boards numerous times. I dont think Mick T has a mean bone in his body, and rather than say something bad about Keef or the Jag to the public, he just walked away quietly. He has integrity dignity, and courage.

hey BKB good one

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home