Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RADIO ... someone still loves you!
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 16, 2020 16:40

Thanks to (due to) Covid-19 radio is becoming (more) popular these days.
I realised that the most popular radio program in the Netherlands, "Arbeidsvitaminen" (Labour vitamines) has been running, uninterrupted, since February 1946! Almost 75 years! Already some 15 years ago it entered the Guinness Book of Records, so it still is today. Originally employees of companies made a list of favourite songs and they were broadcasted on a daily basis in the morning, sometimes more companies a day (small ones f.i.). The program format was adjusted over the decades due to changes in society, but essentially it represents the music taste of everybody. Several hours each morning and ... no commercials! Only the daily news once every hour.
Amazing ... that program is even older than me grinning smiley
What would we do without radio in these corona days? This morning I just closed my eyes, enjoyed a cup of coffee my wife made and just listened a couple of hours to ... music cool smiley

smileys with beer

Re: OT: RADIO ... someone still loves you!
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 16, 2020 17:02

As youngster I always checked the list before it was broad casted in the hope the Stones were listed hot smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 16, 2020 17:42

Luckily we're still blessed with public service radio here. Although neo-liberals are looking for every possibility to shut it down. SR P4 usually have a good blend of music.
I can't listen to the news any more though. It's Corona only. Over and over again. Day in, day out.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 17, 2020 12:08

NICOS
As youngster I always checked the list before it was broad casted in the hope the Stones were listed hot smiley

You make me smile. I indeed did the same thing. But man, that was a long time ago cool smiley
These days it's not possible to see any list in advance (unless on Internet, but I didn't check that). It's good that there is still public radio without manipulation!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2169
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home