Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Chuck Leavell-the Tree man movie
Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 3, 2020 01:31

Does anyone know if one can see the Chuck Leavell-Tree Man movie without going to the theaters when it is released this week? All you haters out there, please hold your fire. You may not like him, but Chuck is an extremely talented pianist and an amazing conservationist. If you don't like him, that's fine, just keep moving along, no need to post negative things. Try to be a positive light.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-04 19:58 by keefmick.

Re: Chuck Leavell-the Tree man movie
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 3, 2020 16:18

I agree on his musicianship, his stuff with the Allman's was amazing, and I thought he was the highlight of the Clapton "Unplugged" show.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 3, 2020 17:50

I just picked up the 4 cd box set of the ABB's Brothers and Sisters. Amazing playing by Chuck.
Whats even more amazing is that he was 20 years old at the time.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 3, 2020 17:57

keefmick
Does anyone know if one can see the Chuck Leavell-True Man movie without going to the theaters when it is released this week? All you haters out there, please hold your fire. You may not like him, but Chuck is an extremely talented pianist and an amazing conservationist. If you don't like him, that's fine, just keep moving along, no need to post negative things. Try to be a positive light.

I think it's "Tree Man". And, yeah, I will try to see it. I live about 50 miles from Chuck and see him out and about fairly regularly. He hosts a campout for the homeless event each year.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 3, 2020 18:41

More Hot Rocks
I just picked up the 4 cd box set of the ABB's Brothers and Sisters. Amazing playing by Chuck.

With the Stones he makes only "1..2...1 2 3 4" and the famous "plink plink plink" style.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: November 3, 2020 23:06

KRiffhard
More Hot Rocks

With the Stones he makes only "1..2...1 2 3 4" and the famous "plink plink plink" style.

You must not be a huge Stones fan to say something like that. He is the musical director and is essentially the link between the band and audience at a live show. The band wouldn't even think of touring without him.

Date: November 3, 2020 23:10

keefmick
Does anyone know if one can see the Chuck Leavell-True Man movie without going to the theaters when it is released this week? All you haters out there, please hold your fire. You may not like him, but Chuck is an extremely talented pianist and an amazing conservationist. If you don't like him, that's fine, just keep moving along, no need to post negative things. Try to be a positive light.

It's on his website, it will be streaming on Amazon, Google Play and iTunes.

Chuck is one of the world's most celebrated keyboard players, I hate when people post negative comments about him. I was lucky enough to find myself in a jam with him back in February. To watch him reel in a band, let it out, then reel it in again for the end of a song (if you play live, you'll know what I'm talking about) is pretty magical.

He has 3 solid strengths:

1. Amazing keyboard player.
2. Works his ass off in The Stones, keeping track of every little detail about what was played when and where.
3. One of the kindest people in music you'll ever meet.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 3, 2020 23:14

KRiffhard
More Hot Rocks

He was mighty fine with the Allman Brothers- the Brothers and Sisters album was one of the first rock records I ever bought when it was released.
With the Stones...mixed feelings....I'd say he's a bit too overly present at times in a live setting unlike his predecessors.

Date: November 3, 2020 23:55

roller99
KRiffhard
More Hot Rocks

You must not be a huge Stones fan to say something like that. He is the musical director and is essentially the link between the band and audience at a live show. The band wouldn't even think of touring without him.

Ladies and gentleman...The Rolling Stones' Musical Director!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 4, 2020 00:08

lol...funny how they turned in to the "Vegas Stones" under his musical direction.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 4, 2020 00:15

Chuck Leavell is a genuinely nice, very talented guy.

Anyone who has met him ,and in conversation with him will say the same thing. thumbs up

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 4, 2020 00:55

I met Chuck twice. He was one of the nicest people I ever met.

Once I was with my son who was a young child at the time. Chuck spent time talking with me and my son. Great guy!

Posted by: VoodooAllie ()
Date: November 10, 2020 06:20

Chuck Leavell's new award winning documentary is out now!

Virtual Cinema https://watch.eventive.org/thetreeman/play/5fa1daa64aaaa00029e00a08

And here's an article about the documentary that appeared in Variety a day or two ago! https://variety.com/2020/music/news/chuck-leavell-documentary-film-tree-man-rolling-stones-1234825019/

More information at: www.chuckleavellthetreeman.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-10 15:14 by VoodooAllie.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 10, 2020 06:24

...... ya get me ?....... hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yeah think I DO

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 10, 2020 15:20

roller99

2. Works his ass off in The Stones, keeping track of every little detail about what was played when and where.

100% correct. Alas he has to replace people who were hugely talended (Stu and nicky) so he doesn't have the easiest job on Earth. Plus "people" (= the IORR crowd will gladly blame him for the gradual mediocrity of the Stones output since 1989, sth Chuck is not responsible for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-10 16:36 by dcba.

Date: November 10, 2020 16:07

dcba
roller99

100% correct. Alas he has to replace people who were hugely talended (stu and nicky) so he doesn't have the easiest job on Earth. Plus "people" (= the IORR crowd will gladly blame him for the gradual mediocrity in the tones output since 1989, sth Chuck is not responsible for.

And he also has to navigate the tricky ground between the Glimmers.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 10, 2020 16:31

roller99
keefmick

It's on his website, it will be streaming on Amazon, Google Play and iTunes.

Chuck is one of the world's most celebrated keyboard players, I hate when people post negative comments about him. I was lucky enough to find myself in a jam with him back in February. To watch him reel in a band, let it out, then reel it in again for the end of a song (if you play live, you'll know what I'm talking about) is pretty magical.

3. One of the kindest people in music you'll ever meet.

AMEN

I've met him a couple of times and he is such a gentleman and takes his time with us fans. Thank God we have him.

Date: November 10, 2020 17:34

Too many fans of the 'plink plink plink' piano style!!!

Date: November 10, 2020 17:54

KRiffhard

What does "plink plink plink" actually mean?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 10, 2020 18:44

Elmo Lewis
KRiffhard

What does "plink plink plink" actually mean?

it means they are clueless..

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 10, 2020 22:26

Plink plink is way overated.
Plonk plonk is the real thing.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 10, 2020 22:29

Chuck has done so much work in his life for the good of everyone. He should be commended. Great guy, great musician.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 10, 2020 22:35

Who doesnt like Chuck?
Talented, respectful and all around nice guy.

Date: November 10, 2020 23:40

KRiffhard

I'm curious, do you play an instrument? I just don't get why anyone who knows the slightest thing about music, has an ear for it, or can read, would say anything negative about this guy.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 10, 2020 23:42

Let's see, when did we last play IORR?

winking smiley

Date: November 10, 2020 23:55

wonderboy

winking smiley

Suggesting, not deciding, surely smiling smiley

Date: November 11, 2020 00:32

DandelionPowderman
wonderboy

winking smiley

Suggesting, not deciding, surely smiling smiley

Yep, I think we all know how that works. MJ says yes or no, KR says "F**k no" or grunts his approval.

Date: November 18, 2020 02:21

Chuck Leavell - "The Tree Man"
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 5, 2020 16:26

Looks interesting. No idea if this has been posted before, so please excuse if a repeat.

[www.bloomberg.com]

Re: Chuck Leavell - "The Tree Man"
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 5, 2020 17:36

Treeman.
Bush Doctors
Bush (I hate them)
Twiggy (I love her)
Frank Fields (no comment, next question)
The Grass Roots

God, where the heck is Schillid?
I'm doing the mental heavy lifting here.
Is this a fan Community or whutt?

This demands fleshing out.
Apple (James Taylor's record label)
Peaches and Herb (let's party!)

BRB I

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-05 17:37 by hopkins.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2143
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home