Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1981 Tour Screwups & Laughs
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 26, 2020 05:23

I listened to this last night and it's quite entertaining! Quite brilliant, really.

Re: 1981 Tour Screwups & Laughs
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 26, 2020 06:18

There is a whole series of videos called the Funny Moments of the Rolling Stones. If you haven't already, its well worth the time. Some hilarious stuff in there.

I cannot find the #1 episode but that is #2. There are more than twenty total I think.

jb

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 26, 2020 11:30

GasLightStreet
I listened to this last night and it's quite entertaining! Quite brilliant, really.

The world is a wonderful place, made even more wonderful by the extensive range of the sense of humour. I found none of those even remotely "funny"....but.

Everyone should go for this video and skip to about 16mins... and there's a simply awesome shot of Mick and Stu.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 26, 2020 14:43

hasn't there been a CD called '19 nervous breakdowns' featuring f*cked up live performances?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 26, 2020 17:47

CaptainCorella
GasLightStreet

The world is a wonderful place, made even more wonderful by the extensive range of the sense of humour. I found none of those even remotely "funny"....but.

Everyone should go for this video and skip to about 16mins... and there's a simply awesome shot of Mick and Stu.

How could you not find any of those not even remotely funny? The screwups are great! The beauty of the Stones screwing up reveals just how great they are when they nail songs and get song titles and the album they're from correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-26 17:47 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 26, 2020 21:07

GasLightStreet

I just dried my eyes ... from laughing. This was f a n t a s t i c l y funny.
That's one of the reasons I LOVE this band grinning smiley

From my own memory I remember a few too.
* Shepherds Bush 1999, when Mick was "roasting this child alive" in the MICROWAVE.
* Boston, Fenway Park 2005, small stage: Keith and Ronnie diving enthousiasticly into It's Only Rock and Roll (setlist said Satisfaction) and Mick started with Satisfaction. After about a minute the guitarists almost smoothly changed to Satisfaction.
* Wembley Stadium 1999, Keith had (or was given) the wrong guitar to start, I think it was, Brown Sugar (could be Start Me Up)

There must have been a few more, but on "my" total of some 80 shows ... peanuts.
Every Rolling Stones concert to me is a new experience with for sure new surprises of any kind. Aaah, when will the next concert be?
confused smiley

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: November 27, 2020 09:37

slewan
hasn't there been a CD called '19 nervous breakdowns' featuring f*cked up live performances?

I bought this one couple of years ago. Listened to it only once 'cause it hurt too much. Example: Keith learning a new song on 'Like A Rolling Stone'

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 27, 2020 10:29

slewan

It's hilarious, got it on a CD-R. My fave is Mick singing Starf*cker to IORR and changes after about 15 secs. grinning smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 27, 2020 12:08

Unfortunately many recordings of the 81/82 tour are absolutely unlistenable to me. But as pointed out before there is a wide range in taste and sense of humor.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 27, 2020 13:38

Almost a screw-up but not a laugh:
Washington DC october 4th, 2002. Mick just armed himself with an electric guitar to play Don't Stop when Keith @#$%& up and starts Tumbling Dice. In the guitar intro segment of TD, Mick takes off his guitar, throws it off to a tech guy in the back and grabs the microphone on time to start the song. I am seated on the 2nd row in front of the stage and I know I just witness something I will remember forever. Amazing Jagger in action.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: slane82 ()
Date: November 27, 2020 13:47

I remember Keith saying "We'll do that again" after messing up the intro to Happy in Dublin in 2003 -- why are there no videos of the two Point gigs?

[iorr.org]

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: November 27, 2020 19:45

MadMax
slewan

It's hilarious, got it on a CD-R. My fave is Mick singing Starf*cker to IORR and changes after about 15 secs. grinning smiley

East Rutherford October 17, 1997 (B2B tour)?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 27, 2020 19:49

What is weird about the video is that the acoustic guitar sounds like the opening riffs by the Beach Boys' I can Hear Music

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: November 27, 2020 20:25

I've watched this video a couple times now and I laugh just as hard each time. They're so nonchalant about the screwups. Quite possibly the only band to ever get away with doing things like this a lot. My favorite on here is the absolute disaster to the intro of Satisfaction from the first gig in Philly. Sounds like a drunk Jumpin' Jack Flash. Every time I play this to my dad we both laugh so hard.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 27, 2020 20:54

One of my daughters told me once that she visited a concert of Metallica and the band was starting a popular song, but things went wrong several times, so they started anew. And apparently the singer said to his band mates something in the line of "hai, we are professionals, we can do this" and from there on things went fine.
I am still looking for the live recording (1972) of Midnight Rambler, where Keith suddenly stopped playing, while Mick (harp), Bill and Charlie continued. Apparently Keith fell from the stage (stoned?). I heard the recording somewhere and when closing my eyes trying to imagine it, I could not help but laugh.
smileys with beer

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: November 27, 2020 21:01

GasLightStreet

[www.urbandictionary.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1956
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home