Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Mick Taylor on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon 5/9
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 17, 2012 21:49

SundanceKid
exilestones
I loved the guitarwork Mick Taylor did right after the monolog. Does anybody know what song they were playing. It's a keeper! thanks, ExileStones

I'm assuming you mean after the monologue by Jimmy Fallon, the intro to the show ? From 03:25 to 04:05 - that's from Shine A Light, MT playing his own solo there.

If you listen back to Exile, it starts around 02:40.

Here it is:

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 18, 2012 03:21

MightyStonesStillRollin50
lem motlow
i didnt see the show but i was listening to howard the day after and the crew were giving him shit for messing with mick taylor.

basically it was "why did you say that to him?" howard said he loves mick and its the same stuff he said when mick was on the show years ago.its sort of an ongoing bit,howards whole career has been made from saying out loud what everyone else is thinking.

it wasnt scripted,stern just sort of goes off on those late night shows but he's definitly in micks corner.

A trimmed down Mick Taylor in New York on Jimmy Fallon just ten days before SNL? Of course it was scripted! The question becomes, at what point (and at what time) do we get to the bottom of this mystery? It should all make more sense by this time next year.

they told you not to take the brown acid,you should have listened.how, in your mind did this happen?did they say-" o.k. howard,now you talk to mick because the stones have some really big things coming up and we know you actually give a flying f/ck."i'm just gonna assume you know nothing about howard stern but for a point of reference look up the time michael jackson had a meeting with him to get stern to help him hype one of jackos comebacks-it didnt go well-"oh yeah,depaK yeah....

Date: May 18, 2012 15:16

I saw Howard Stern (never heard of the guy before) and I think he all meant it friendly. He has to be witty anyway, so what do you expect? It's some sort of running gag between him and Mick. Mick reacted also very cool and friendly towards Stern. So those two can easily walk through one door. Stern expressed his admiration and love for Mick very clearly, but also his frustration about Mick quitting the Stones. Well, I can recognize that. Quitting the Stones is a red thread in Taylor's life anyway. He doesn't need no Howard Stern to be reminded of that fact.

Btw: I uploaded CYHMK from the show to YT:

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 18, 2012 15:26

Maybe he regrets joining The Rolling Stones more than he regrets leaving them.

Date: May 18, 2012 23:24

His Majesty

Stern c.s. obviously have it the other way around.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 19, 2012 01:27

kleermaker
His Majesty

I recall reading here recently a quote by him about this, seem to remember it hinted at what I mentioned. It makes more sense to me if that is how he feels because other than money, I see and hear no reason for him to regret leaving the stones because they were, creativley atleast, very stale when he left them... Taylor, as a young man, always went where fresh challenges lay.

Joining the stones sure changed Taylor's life, initially for the better, but it seems not so in the long term.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 01:34 by His Majesty.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: May 19, 2012 16:23

His Majesty
kleermaker
His Majesty

I recall reading here recently a quote by him about this, seem to remember it hinted at what I mentioned. It makes more sense to me if that is how he feels because other than money, I see and hear no reason for him to regret leaving the stones because they were, creativley atleast, very stale when he left them... Taylor, as a young man, always went where fresh challenges lay.

Joining the stones sure changed Taylor's life, initially for the better, but it seems not so in the long term.

not sure where he would have been in 1969 after the bluesbreakers if the stones gig was not there , never mind now! so basically for the better !

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: May 20, 2012 13:32

Put Jagger in front of this band and hit the road. winking smiley

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 20, 2012 19:29

VT22

Put Jagger in front of this band and hit the road. winking smiley

Great clip, he really started pulling out of the bag, looked like he was enjoying himself playing with a band with a bit if balls/spunk in the pocket.

loved it

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: January 27, 2020 16:14

If someone have this , please upload it again,i want to see CYHMK.
Thanks.

Date: January 27, 2020 16:22

5strings
If someone have this , please upload it again,i want to see CYHMK.
Thanks.

You can hear it here:

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: January 27, 2020 16:24

Thanks !!smileys with beer

Date: January 27, 2020 19:26

And here with footage:

[docs.google.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 28, 2020 06:50

Love Mick and I'm happy when he gets the spotlight like this sometimes. Wish they aired this. He looked @#$%& great here.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 28, 2020 13:45

Mick Taylor with another true musicians >grinning smiley<

Date: January 28, 2020 13:51

RobertJohnson
Mick Taylor with another true musicians >grinning smiley<

The other guitar player is struggling hard to make it swing smiling smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 28, 2020 13:58

Stones music is simple, but difficult ...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 28, 2020 13:59

The Roots are more than competent.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 28, 2020 14:16

nice clip...thx!

Date: January 28, 2020 15:27

RollingFreak

Of course they are, but even the most competent musician gets problems when they don't have the right sound. Hence it also becomes painful to listen to...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 28, 2020 19:24

DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

Of course they are, but even the most competent musician gets problems when they don't have the right sound. Hence it also becomes painful to listen to...
To take it a step further if you looked at several Stones songs on sheet music , you think to your self -very easy to play as it's not rocket science . The hard part is making it "sound" like the way the Rolling Stones play it . Easy notes , but not so easy to make the "sound" Hence how Keith is known as the human riffmaster !

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 28, 2020 20:17

DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

Agree - similar to Mick's solo bands when they tried to play Stones tunes live.
The Roots are obviously competent, but something's clearly missing here, and the singer isn't helping matters at all imo.
That said, MT is showing how it's properly done, and it's worth suffering through the rest just to hear and see him do what he does best.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: January 28, 2020 22:54

DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

Which part? I thought he did a good job singing and playing at the same time.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: January 31, 2020 06:29

I love MT’s contributions to the Stones

Date: January 31, 2020 09:35

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

I'm talking about the guitar in the left channel, all the way through.

He does a good job with playing (almost) the right chords and riffs indeed, but with that sound you can hear how he struggles trying to make it sound good.

That rubs off on this listener.

Is that too harsh? Perhaps. But I was saying the same thing about Keith for the 2002-2014 versions as well. For the Zip Code-tour, however, he changed guitar and had a more gritty sound – hence the riffs, licks and chords didn't sound like they were a hassle to play anymore.

Some of the strength with the CYHMK-guitar on SF, imo, is how natural and effortlessly it sounds. It's bulldozing its way through, like the best Keith-riffs do.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: January 31, 2020 19:57

DandelionPowderman
TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman
RollingFreak

I'm talking about the guitar in the left channel, all the way through.

He does a good job with playing (almost) the right chords and riffs indeed, but with that sound you can hear how he struggles trying to make it sound good.

That rubs off on this listener.

Is that too harsh? Perhaps. But I was saying the same thing about Keith for the 2002-2014 versions as well. For the Zip Code-tour, however, he changed guitar and had a more gritty sound – hence the riffs, licks and chords didn't sound like they were a hassle to play anymore.

Some of the strength with the CYHMK-guitar on SF, imo, is how natural and effortlessly it sounds. It's bulldozing its way through, like the best Keith-riffs do.

Oh his tone, gotcha. I don’t really like overly processed tones with a bunch of pedals.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home