Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Mick Taylor on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon 5/9
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 5, 2012 00:23

Brooklyn Decker in the house

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 5, 2012 07:03

Doxa
Send It To me
Stones62
Send It To me
He's going to publicly immolate himself as penance for his stupidity in quitting the Stones.
Do you really think he was stupid to leave the Stones or are you having a joke? That aside, I'd love to see the show!

its only a stupid decision if you dislike making hundreds of millions of dollars, playing on the greatest stages of the world, and having millions of people listen to your work instead of dozens.

But as absurd it might sound, there are actually people on this earth who think that being a pop star (and having an incredible income with that) is not the coolest thing to do. Especially if one has strong individual artistic ambitions. Or then taking totally pragmatic attitude, zero artistic interest, a'la Charlie Watts, and laugh all the way to bank. But even then, one might get finally bored (read Bill Wyman).

- Doxa

I just don't think that the last 35 years have turned out the way Mick Taylor (bless him) thought they would turn out. The current reality is probably not what his prediction would have been at the time.

btw - I would not accuse charlie of not having an artistic interest in what the stones do

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: May 5, 2012 10:09

You like when Mick and Keith were on during Exile week, you can view the show clips on the official site: [www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com]

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: May 5, 2012 16:47

Last year when that former Fleetwood Mac member died, it was said they found him because he did not appear in the studio for the scheduled sessions for Mick Taylor's next solo album.

Now with all this publicity activities surrounding Taylor, that new album of his cannot be too far away. I'm actually looking forward to this.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: May 8, 2012 21:01

Ah damn, this reminds me that the Beach Boys were to be featured on Fallon's show last night! They were doing several songs + a sit-down interview.

The pain! The regret! I saw the Beach Boys in concert last Friday night - they were wonderful, marvelous. They have John Cowsill on drums, what a powerhouse mutha; he's awesome.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 8, 2012 21:23

Justin
71Tele
Damn! I am flyting to the U.K. on the 9th and won't see it. Crap.

Talk to Wyman while you're there, willya!

Isn't he on a cruise ship to NY right now?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 9, 2012 05:54

he deserves the spotlight. hope he rocks.

Date: May 9, 2012 06:22

Midnight Toker
he deserves the spotlight. hope he rocks.

Love Mick Taylor. Hope he decides to work with the Stones in 2012 and 2013.

Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: May 9, 2012 07:47

ahh is mick playing in a band called of monsters and men? If not i dont think hes on tonight

Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: May 9, 2012 08:05

Just saw it was for wednesday night not tonight tuesdays ep, all good now.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: May 9, 2012 09:11

I think Mick was working on Bob Westons album actually, not the other way round.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 9, 2012 16:14

stupidguy2
We know Fallon is a Stones fan, but how he is going to present Mick Taylor to his general tv audience?
This is strange.

He'll call him former Rolling Stones guitarist. That's all he's know for for the last 30 something years.

Poor Taylor can you imagine going through life being asked two questions?

1) Hey Mick why did you quit The Stones? and

2) Hey Mick ever gonna play with The Stones again?

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 9, 2012 16:22

Mick Taylor is not listed on the official Jimmy Fallon show website.

Howard Stern and Brooklyn Decker are listed. A search of Fallon's site yields no information or confirmation that MT will be a guest.

However, other music sites list him as a guest and mentioned the Stones planning a tour.

Could there be a surprise on Fallon tonight that nobody wants to give away.
Or, MT is not actually a guest.

Fallon's show is owned by NBC and is filmed in the same building as SNL. Fallon, as many of you know, is a Stones fan and former castmember of SNL.

I find it odd that Fallon promotes a musical guest on every other night but does not mention that Mick Taylor will be performing.

Something's happening...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 9, 2012 16:43

Great ideas Rogue...
I stopped watching fallon, but I will DVR this, it could be interesting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-09 16:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 9, 2012 17:35

I think this whole deal is looking odd to me.

BV, Gazza, any thoughts or ideas?

I know MT left the band but Stones got a whole week of Exile related spots to promote the special CD a few years ago. Fallon can do a Jagger impersonation if he feels like it and knows Mick from SNL.

Another thought is that MT might be appearing with Jagger on Fallon or Ronnie.

What happens if this is a teaser for Jagger to host SNL and then build the audeience for the show, a Stones performance and tour announcement.

Date: May 9, 2012 17:39

rogue

I know MT left the band but Stones got a whole week of Exile related spots to promote the special CD a few years ago. Fallon can do a Jagger impersonation if he feels like it and knows Mick from SNL.

What happens if this is a teaser for Jagger to host SNL and then build the audeience for the show, a Stones performance and tour announcement.

It's possible this is all a coincidence, but I'm in agreement. There's so much smoke we can't even see the building's actually on fire!

I'm definitely watching and DVR'ing Jimmy tonight.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 9, 2012 18:15

treaclefingers

It's possible this is all a coincidence, but I'm in agreement. There's so much smoke we can't even see the building's actually on fire!

Might just be dry ice. grinning smiley

Date: May 9, 2012 19:02

Mick Taylor has on his site that he will join Ronnie Wood at the Hammersmith Apollo in NYC on June 30th for a show.
Mick to appear at Ronnie Wood and Friends concert Mick Taylor

I could not find any mention of Jimmy Fallon --just the Iridium dates.

So MT will tape his appearance on Fallon late in the afternoon at 30 Rock and he could practically walk, although he won’t to the Iridium for his first night.

Something’s happening…

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 9, 2012 19:24

treaclefingers
rogue

What if their is too much smoke.But no fire?confused smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 9, 2012 19:27

My TV Guide online lists Mick Taylor sitting in with the Roots, on Jimmy Fallon, tonight.

Of course, things can change.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 9, 2012 19:29

His Majesty
treaclefingers

Might just be dry ice. grinning smiley

LIKE SOME ACTS USE IN CONCERT!!! whoo hoo!

Date: May 9, 2012 19:30

sweetcharmedlife
treaclefingers
rogue

What if their is too much smoke.But no fire?confused smiley

That could totally f-up my DVR.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: May 10, 2012 00:57

For those in Australia - this will be aired tonight (Thursday) on the Comedy Channel at 11:11PM....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-10 01:00 by champ72.

Date: May 10, 2012 01:23

While I'm in the Pacific time zone, I'm fortunate to be able to get the Eastern feed, so I'll be watching at 9:30 pm tonight, 6 hours 7 minutes from now!

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 10, 2012 01:58

MT is confirmed 100%

I follow Howard Stern on twitter and he tweeted today that he just got done taping Falon this afternoon and HE GOT TO SING LOVE IN VAIN WITH MICK TAYLOR!

This is really gonna be something to see. Man, Howard is one lucky man.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 10, 2012 02:25

Wow. Howard's voice isn't horrible, but that is bound to be interesting, and not necessarily in a good way. He always was a big fan though, I remember him reporting excitedly on the concert he went to in I think '05.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 10, 2012 02:55

Doxa
Send It To me
Stones62
Send It To me
He's going to publicly immolate himself as penance for his stupidity in quitting the Stones.
Do you really think he was stupid to leave the Stones or are you having a joke? That aside, I'd love to see the show!

its only a stupid decision if you dislike making hundreds of millions of dollars, playing on the greatest stages of the world, and having millions of people listen to your work instead of dozens.

But as absurd it might sound, there are actually people on this earth who think that being a pop star (and having an incredible income with that) is not the coolest thing to do. Especially if one has strong individual artistic ambitions. Or then taking totally pragmatic attitude, zero artistic interest, a'la Charlie Watts, and laugh all the way to bank. But even then, one might get finally bored (read Bill Wyman).

- Doxa

Doxa, I love you smiling smiley

I was just about to post something similar but you say it all. You're awesome!

-swiss

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 10, 2012 03:52

Howard Stern is a dick. I'll pass on all of this and wait for the clip to appear on youtube or a torrent site.

I am, however, pumped to see/hear Taylor playing on TV. The sad thing is that he simply hasn't produced much in the last 30 years. He is a phenomenal player, even now, but when he left the Stones, he left the vehicle that afforded him the guitar-work we love and appreciate. Keith was a great foil to Taylor.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 10, 2012 04:15

Claire_M
Ah damn, this reminds me that the Beach Boys were to be featured on Fallon's show last night! They were doing several songs + a sit-down interview.

The pain! The regret! I saw the Beach Boys in concert last Friday night - they were wonderful, marvelous. They have John Cowsill on drums, what a powerhouse mutha; he's awesome.

I'll be seeing them in June, taking my 12-year old neice. Will they disappoint a young one accustomed to the records?

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 10, 2012 04:19

carlorossi
Wow. Howard's voice isn't horrible, but that is bound to be interesting, and not necessarily in a good way. He always was a big fan though, I remember him reporting excitedly on the concert he went to in I think '05.

And he used to have two pitbulls named Bianca and Jade.
It makes sense that MT will just be part of the house band and jam....
I can't watch it, I get too nervous....

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1999
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home