Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Little T&A in the movie Argo
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 27, 2012 08:11

Was delightfully surprised to notice during the movie Argo that there was a very small section where Little T&A was used as the background music. It was literally used for maybe a minute (if that), but still a cool choice that wouldn't typically be used. It was a nice contrast to Gimme Shelter during Flight which I've heard in a million movies lol. I figured maybe it was used to represent the music of the time period? However, during the movie it was January of 1980 and Tattoo You didn't come out till 81. Maybe an oversight, maybe I'm looking too much into it. Either way, nice to see its use. Alot of really great 70s music included. Sultans Of Swing by Dire Straits, When The Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. I actually couldn't believe, and am still trying to figure out, how they got the licensing for Zeppelin. Always notorious for not allowing their music in movies.

Also, on a less Rolling Stones related note, the movie was fantastic. Literally a home run just as I had hoped it would be when I saw the trailer months ago. Really great job on Ben Affleck's part, who directed and starred in the main role. Also a great supporting cast with Bryan Cranston, John Goodman, Alan Arkin. Everyone was great. One of the better movies I have seen in a while. I wonder who was responsible for the Stones inclusion and if Affleck had anything to do with it. Gotta say that I really have come to respect Ben Affleck with his great recent run of films, most of which he has also directed.

Re: Little T&A in the movie Argo
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 08:17

Cool they used it! And fits the time line historically. I can't wait to see this movie, it has been garnering very good reviews. Afflick has arisen to become a very strong Director. Check out Gone Baby Gone. Very good! Also The Town was very well done.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 27, 2012 08:31

Still have to see Gone Baby Gone, but absolutely will after seeing this. I agree The Town I also thought was very good, although I liked Argo a bit more. Still very strong back to backs. And I've heard Gone Baby Gone is just as strong so quite a three-peat as your first directing gigs. If Affleck was a joke about 7 years ago, he has certainly risen past that since then.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2020 06:31

Just watching the movie now...a little behind but getting caught up thanks to Netflix and the Pandemic. Little T & A doesn't fit the timeline. They should maybe have went with something from Emotional Rescue but even that is later than when this occurred. I think ER was released in the summer of 80.

Posted by: JohnnySnapps ()
Date: November 9, 2020 13:00

I thought the movie was good, but as soon as I heard Little T&A I thought, "Nope. Way too early for that song." They should have used Before They Make Me Run.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2020 15:21

JohnnySnapps
I thought the movie was good, but as soon as I heard Little T&A I thought, "Nope. Way too early for that song." They should have used Before They Make Me Run.

The movie was good...until I thought wow, that was close, I wonder if that whole airport thing was true.

I shouldn't have done my research, they were VERY liberal with the facts.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 9, 2020 16:51

Ar, go f--- yourself

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 9, 2020 16:57

RollingFreak
Was delightfully surprised to notice during the movie Argo that there was a very small section where Little T&A was used as the background music. It was literally used for maybe a minute (if that), but still a cool choice that wouldn't typically be used. It was a nice contrast to Gimme Shelter during Flight which I've heard in a million movies lol. I figured maybe it was used to represent the music of the time period? However, during the movie it was January of 1980 and Tattoo You didn't come out till 81. Maybe an oversight, maybe I'm looking too much into it. Either way, nice to see its use. Alot of really great 70s music included. Sultans Of Swing by Dire Straits, When The Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. I actually couldn't believe, and am still trying to figure out, how they got the licensing for Zeppelin. Always notorious for not allowing their music in movies.

Also, on a less Rolling Stones related note, the movie was fantastic. Literally a home run just as I had hoped it would be when I saw the trailer months ago. Really great job on Ben Affleck's part, who directed and starred in the main role. Also a great supporting cast with Bryan Cranston, John Goodman, Alan Arkin. Everyone was great. One of the better movies I have seen in a while. I wonder who was responsible for the Stones inclusion and if Affleck had anything to do with it. Gotta say that I really have come to respect Ben Affleck with his great recent run of films, most of which he has also directed.

If Little T &A is in the movie then it will certainly win an Academy Award for Best Musical Score" smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-09 17:52 by Chris Fountain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home