Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: The stones are in NYC
Date: May 7, 2012 03:28

ultimaterocker
[www.music-news.com]

drinking smiley

No dates,No tour name, but sounds good again just rumours

Date: May 7, 2012 05:11

ultimaterocker
[www.music-news.com]

Posted by: Virtual_Nobody ()
Date: May 7, 2012 11:10

NBC/Universal(film) has nothing to do with Universal Music.
The Universal film company was sold to NBC around 2003/2004.
So don't expect anything out of a name similarity.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 7, 2012 15:53

I don't think it is that hard to hide from the media. Most celebs court the media when they want the attention and the Stones know how to hang low until they are ready to make their prescence known. Forget hotels and such. These guys rent mansions behind gated walls and travel in low-key blacked-out SUVs and vans.

I'm sure they are being seen in residential areas and small restaurants but the average person on the street with a member of the Stones in their neghborhood will keep quiet so they can maintain their privacy, too.

Date: May 7, 2012 17:28

Anymore sightings?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 7, 2012 17:51

Stonesdoug has reposted the info from the Undercover mailing list, adding that Start Me Up was performed in addition to Miss You, Fool To Cry and JJF. The band consisted of Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, Chuck L. and Don Was on bass. The rehearsals were filmed and the rehearsals are now (May 7th) over.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 7, 2012 18:06

Those sound like the kind of numbers that might be played on a TV show. winking smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 7, 2012 18:15

StonesMi5Interceptors1
ultimaterocker
[www.music-news.com]

drinking smiley

Looks like another job for "The Rumour Buster"

Well, you can start right here.

[www.olympiastadion-berlin.de]
[en.wikipedia.org]

there's nothing booked for the 1st of September at Olympia Stadion, Berlin but on the next day it's the 71st ISTAF (International Stadionfest (ISTAF) is an annual track and field athletics)
seems a bit too tight of a schedule to get the stadium back on track after a Stones gig.
I'd be surprised if they can make it happen but I certainly wouldn't complain.

Date: May 7, 2012 18:19

I am beginning to think that not only are the Stones going to perform on SNL but it will be a tour announcement as well.

They have already done the press conference schtick, the blimp, the train, the boat, the car over the bridge, etc.

Nothing compares to the the flatbed truck but a surprise on live TV might come close.

And, yes, those do seem like good songs for a TV show appearance. All but one mentioned are wll known and would set the studio on fire.

Posted by: CherokeeStone ()
Date: May 8, 2012 01:01

rogue
Anymore sightings?

I hope we find some fresh tracks in the next 24 hours

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 8, 2012 01:09

CherokeeStone
Superoo-Bondi Beach Hipster

Prove it !

Posted by: CherokeeStone ()
Date: May 8, 2012 01:14

Edith Grove
CherokeeStone
Superoo-Bondi Beach Hipster

Prove it !

prove what and what for?

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 8, 2012 03:25

Beast
Those sound like the kind of numbers that might be played on a TV show. winking smiley

But you know what though? I find that list very boring. Incredibly boring, to be honest. Doesn't make me want to shell out hundreds of dolars for tickets one tiny little bit. I've seen them do those songs far too many times. With their catalog, Miss You and Start Me Up are supposed to get me excited. Nope, sorry.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 8, 2012 03:52

Lorenz
Stonesdoug has reposted the info from the Undercover mailing list, adding that Start Me Up was performed in addition to Miss You, Fool To Cry and JJF. The band consisted of Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, Chuck L. and Don Was on bass. The rehearsals were filmed and the rehearsals are now (May 7th) over.

I dunno whether he's on tour(but even that should't be a reason), - but I find it interesting that no Daryl Jones was present.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 8, 2012 04:18

With their catalog, Miss You and Start Me Up are supposed to get me excited. Nope, sorry.[/quote]

But an SNL appearance would be designed for the average SNL fans, not necessarily serious Stones fans. We might love to see them come out and launch into 'Hey Negrita,' but then that would be unrecognizable to most. JJF I think would be ideal and very exciting to just about anyone. Sure, we've heard Miss You and SMU a thousand times, but I'd be psyched for anything on the tiny little stage at SNL, and so would the average non-serious fan.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 8, 2012 04:21

Oops, looks like I messed up the quote function.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 8, 2012 04:31

CousinC
Lorenz

I dunno whether he's on tour(but even that should't be a reason), - but I find it interesting that no Daryl Jones was present.

Darryl's on tour in Scandinavia this week.

Not sure when he's done, but I would doubt it'd be a big deal if he's available by next week for him to fly in and rehearse for a couple of days in time for an SNL appearance on Saturday week. Was being on bass is almost certainly just for the sake of having someone to do it as there was no one more suitable who happened to be available. The important thing is to get the four Stones performance-ready.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 8, 2012 04:33

mickschix
Mick won't let anything SLIP, that's not his style...unless it's deliberate, he tends to like mystery . Time to dust off my walking shows and get on down to NYC...So, Gazza, where are they jamming? What studio are they using?

Dont know the name of the studio, but Weehawken, NJ is the town someone mentioned on RO late last week.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 8, 2012 04:45

Long John Stoner
Miss You and Start Me Up are supposed to get me excited.

No, they are not. They are, on the other hand, songs which not only resonate with the public, but which they (even keith with his supposedly trashed hands and head) can play in their sleep. That said, if they do it, I don't think they'll phone it in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-08 04:46 by carlorossi.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: May 8, 2012 04:55

CousinC
Lorenz

where are bernard, lisa, and blondie???

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 8, 2012 06:27

Gazza
mickschix
Mick won't let anything SLIP, that's not his style...unless it's deliberate, he tends to like mystery . Time to dust off my walking shows and get on down to NYC...So, Gazza, where are they jamming? What studio are they using?

Dont know the name of the studio, but Weehawken, NJ is the town someone mentioned on RO late last week.

A quick search only results one studio in Weehawken: [www.bar-none.com]

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 8, 2012 07:16

If Darryl is on tour perhaps he's getting his chops together as well. Let's hope!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 8, 2012 10:38

I am quite surprised how quiet Björnulf is these days. He may be asked to stay more than quiet.eye popping smiley Deadquiet smoking smiley

Date: May 8, 2012 10:51

CALM DOWN EVERYONE

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 8, 2012 11:09

Give us a sign BV!!!!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 8, 2012 11:48

there is something concrete going on, it seems so.
the only not credible thing seems the berlin concert, in my opinion

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 8, 2012 12:21

Met Gala ,May 7th, 2012

Rolling Stones Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood wore their rock ‘n’ roll credentials on their suited sleeves, and Jagger had his designer girlfriend L’Wren Scott cheering up his arm, while Wood had theatre producer Sally Humphreys by his side.

Read more: [www.bellenews.com]

Tuesday, 01/05/2012 New York

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 8, 2012 12:55

Long John Stoner
Beast

But you know what though? I find that list very boring. Incredibly boring, to be honest. Doesn't make me want to shell out hundreds of dolars for tickets one tiny little bit. I've seen them do those songs far too many times. With their catalog, Miss You and Start Me Up are supposed to get me excited. Nope, sorry.

That's why they sound like numbers for a TV show - they're for a mainstream audience, not diehard fans!

Date: May 8, 2012 13:15

Bernard, Lisa and Blondie have been in Norway performing with a Stones cover band.
Bernard played AC with Ronnie last month.
Mr. Jones is in Sweden for gigs. Being who he is I doubt he needs much practice with the Stones other than a day of running through some songs.
Don Was on bass for rehearsal. OK but he was also backstage at the Super Bowl-their last major TV appearance. I don't think he usually travels on tour with them.
All of them have been performing and I think they are warming up for the SNL gig separately.
Now we get photos of Mick & Ronnie enjoying NY after the rehearsals.

Get ready Stones fans.

Date: May 8, 2012 15:30

Any sightings of Charlie or Keith?

My guess would be that Keith went home from the Studio and Charlie is still in the NYC area. I'm NOT trying to be creepy but wondering if Charlie is taking in the sights or museums or shopping?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home