Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 3, 2012 01:50

Max'sKansasCity
better to ignore the 1-2 negatives and instead focus on the positives?

Max, I love you smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 3, 2012 01:52

proudmary
this is just a rock band

No, it's The Rolling Stones

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 3, 2012 02:29

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity
better to ignore the 1-2 negatives and instead focus on the positives?

Max, I love you smileys with beer Cheers

Thanks Hans, Im glad someone does... and right back at ya Bro smileys with beer

Re: The stones are in NYC
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 3, 2012 03:30

Cocaine Eyes
^^^^^^^ Cool post, Gazza!

ditto that.

best posts I've read here since I don't know when

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 3, 2012 04:26

I'm confused - it doesn't take much - but WHY are people bellyaching about the DECEMBER thing when this IS HAPPENING IN NYC BASICALLY RIGHT NOW?

Anyone have a freakin' clue here?cool smiley

And again......merci bien, Gazza.smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 3, 2012 04:33

Cocaine Eyes
I'm confused - it doesn't take much - but WHY are people bellyaching about the DECEMBER thing when this IS HAPPENING IN NYC BASICALLY RIGHT NOW?

A minority of people are belly aching, but they seem to get all the attention. sad smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 3, 2012 04:38

I know it a bit strange in the internet posting/ blog/ twitter age, but not everything that the Stones (or anyone else) does needs to be public knowledge.

News of jams, recording sessions, writing sessions, etc. only emerged in the past after maybe months or even years. A few insiders might know (like Bill German) but to stay insiders (friends, trusted etc.) you need to respect confidentiality.

How did we ever find out about such things - read German's new letter when it arrived; the odd newspaper article; word on the street if you were local. Otherwise it was all a big surprise.

If you want to live life in the public eye, then you twitter/ leak news etc. When you've lived life in the public eye for 50 years, and experienced the pressure on you and your family of people hanging around outside studios, houses etc. then maybe you decide to stay confidential.

I would love to know the current activities - timing of recording and where; tour plans; next releases; gossip. I'll still read the posts.

But I won't criticise the Band for keeping things quiet, or be a non-believer, just because they don't behave like a new internet-era celebrity...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 3, 2012 05:35

Whoo Hoo! Thanks Gazza. Not that it really even deserved to be clarified....

Now where are all those Chuck haters when the relavent news about him is revealved? I love Chuck but it seems you will get your wish for a new man on the keys. The "they though he was Stu like" was especially relavent. I wonder if it was the golf the prime steaks or maybe he doesn't play songs in minor keys? peace

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 3, 2012 06:39

Three facts. The Internet is irritating. The Stones are together this week in New York. Mick will be in New York on May 19th.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 3, 2012 06:52

Stoneage
This is a bit disturbing. Some real information about the group for a change. And I was going all in on that Ted Nugent thread...

In other news, I was in an HMV today and saw a Ted Nugent 'Essentials' CD, that was a DOUBLE CD.

I didn't think Ted had that many 'essential' toons. Actually, I still don't.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: May 3, 2012 07:15

Max'sKansasCity
Cocaine Eyes

A minority of people are belly aching, but they seem to get all the attention. sad smiley
Thank you CE!! I, too, was confused with all the references to December. It seems like some will stop at nothing to rain on this little parade.
Yippee Gazza - thank you so much for the info.smoking smiley

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 3, 2012 09:48

TeddyB1018
Mick will be in New York on May 19th.

1) What's happening May 19?

2) Since Gazza's confirmation of this recording session, Stonesdoug has
confirmed independently (and, credit where credit is due, Stonesdoug
came up with the dates of this session even before they were leaked by
Ronnie).

3) Stonesdoug's latest: "There is supposed to be one show in 2012 and then
a smaller version of a tour in 2013."

4) As you no doubt recall, I have been a proponent of the one-show-in-2012
theory for several months now. And in case you don't recall:

5) Also of course, for several years now, I have been a proponent of the they'll-be-recording-a-few-new-tracks-for-a-50th-3CD-release-of-unreleased-
things theory.

6) Lastly, while I never doubted the legitimacy of the sources that led
Gazza and others to expect a tour in 2012 (and now 2013), I have maintained
all along that this was very unlikely. Mick may leave it hanging out there like
a-carrot-on-a-stick for quite a while, but since any tour would make zero sense
financially or artistically or legacy-wise, in the end, as hard as I try,
it is beyond my powers to visualize it. It will remain but a mirage, as we
wander after it and thirst in the desert.

7) Unless of course you've decided to pass the time at the Rihanna canteen.
Or other fine watering hole of your choice. In which case, this last reel
of the Stones movie will still be sad, but at least not unbearable.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 3, 2012 10:26

Gazza

Especially regarding the band working together, which is something I would imagine quite a few people on here - maybe even yourself - would have doubted would ever happen again.

Yes, I've doubted it and was constantly ostracized for it
But for the first the time I hear here on the board that the situation was so bad that even a one day in the studio togheter was an event
of great importance because there were doubts that they ever will be able to work together
I have a legitimate question - what is the reason that many people thought that would not ever happen again? There must be a reason?

of course, many thanks for your news,your sources and, most importantly, your refreshing sanity - you know this is worth a lot. That's why I would be very grateful if you could answer my question

Date: May 3, 2012 10:29

proudmary
Gazza

Especially regarding the band working together, which is something I would imagine quite a few people on here - maybe even yourself - would have doubted would ever happen again.

But for the first the time I hear here on the board that the situation was so bad that even a one day in the studio togheter was an event
of great importance because there were doubts that they ever will be able to work together
I have a legitimate question - what is the reason that many people thought that would not ever happen again? There must be a reason?

of course, many thanks for your news,your sources and, most importantly, your refreshing sanity - you know this is worth a lot. That's why I would be very grateful if you could answer my question

I've never seen "many" people believing they would not work together again, only a few.

Date: May 3, 2012 10:37

proudmary
Gazza

Can't we just be happy for KNOWING that the Stones are working together again?

Thank you so much, Gazza. I think we all needed the confirmation, although I've always trusted in your knowledge about the Stones smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 10:37 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 3, 2012 10:39

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
Gazza

I've never seen "many" people believing they would not work together again, only a few.

yes that's what I said - here on this board there weren't so many people who thought so (or more correctly acknowledged in these thoughts as if they never doubted it - why suddenly such a joy?)
but that's what Gazza said - "which is something I would imagine quite a few people on here would have doubted would ever happen again"
I think that he knows his sources and has an information in general, not just what they write here. I think he is talking about the mood in the Stones camp and not here on this board

Date: May 3, 2012 10:45

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
Gazza

yes that's what I said - here on this board there weren't so many people who thought so (or more correctly acknowledged in these thoughts as if they never doubted it - why suddenly such a joy?)
but that's what Gazza said - "which is something I would imagine quite a few people on here would have doubted would ever happen again"
I think that he knows his sources and has an information in general, not just what they write here. I think he is talking about the mood in the Stones camp and not here on this board

Well, we know they planned things for 2012 already, so "acknowledged", as you say, is definitely the wrong word here.

Look, when there is 5 years without band activity, a fart is a big event, not to mention studio sessions!

Date: May 3, 2012 10:48

DandelionPowderman

You mean you do not want to know the reason why they have not worked together, and why even there were doubts that it would ever happen again?
That's it, a band virtually ceased to exist (as if Mick and Keith can not work together the Stones doesn't exist) and you consciously choose not to know why this happened?

Date: May 3, 2012 10:51

proudmary
DandelionPowderman

You mean you do not want to know the reason why they have not worked together, and why even there were doubts that it would ever happen again?
That's it, a band virtually ceased to exist (as if Mick and Keith can not work together the Stones doesn't exist) and you consciously choose not to know why this happened?

Are you happy that they are back together again, working in the studio, proudmary?

It's not the first time Mick and Keith had a feud, you know, and it's been way, way more serious than this before. After that we got 6 tours smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 10:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 3, 2012 11:02

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman

Are you happy that they are back together again, working in the studio, proudmary?

It's not the first time Mick and Keith had a feud, you know, and it's been way, way more serious than this before. After that we got 6 tours smiling smiley

Yes, but we know the reason of the that feud, and there is a person on whom lay the blame for it( I mean the majority of the fans, not me)
Honestly - I do not know how happy I am about them back working together again. I have mixed feelings about this

Date: May 3, 2012 11:12

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman

Yes, but we know the reason of the that feud, and there is a person on whom lay the blame for it( I mean the majority of the fans, not me)
Honestly - I do not know how happy I am about them back working together again. I have mixed feelings about this

Let's call it a draw/tie between Mick and Keith - and look ahead? If the Stones are happy, I'm happy.

There is no reason to cry over spilled milk...

Date: May 3, 2012 11:46

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman

Let's call it a draw/tie between Mick and Keith - and look ahead? If the Stones are happy, I'm happy.

I would not say it's a draw. Mick remained a bastard for that he wanted to go solo, but you can not blame Keith for what is happening now.

Maybe Mick acted selfishly and thought of himself, but he didn't try deliberately to destroy Richards's reputation, he didn't mock him in public, he never doubted his talent and never said that all their success Stones owe him, MJ, and his talent
On the other hand, what Richards said will remain in the Stones file forever

So it's selfishness against the betrayal
it's not a draw in my book

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 11:46 by proudmary.

Date: May 3, 2012 12:09

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman

I would not say it's a draw. Mick remained a bastard for that he wanted to go solo, but you can not blame Keith for what is happening now.

Maybe Mick acted selfishly and thought of himself, but he didn't try deliberately to destroy Richards's reputation, he didn't mock him in public, he never doubted his talent and never said that all their success Stones owe him, MJ, and his talent
On the other hand, what Richards said will remain in the Stones file forever

So it's selfishness against the betrayal
it's not a draw in my book

In my book, it's neither. I don't blame Mick for what happened in the 80s, and I don't blame Keith for telling how he views things. Views may be twisted, but it still is his interpretation of things.

It was a natural thing for Mick to do, going solo, at the time. I don't blame him for supposedly having slept with Keith's girlfriend either, considering the life they were leading, with heavy partying etc. That would be, of course, a heavier betrayal than joking with Mick's penis - don't you think?

Everything happens for a reason, and I think you should accept that you don't have enough knowledge to judge any of them, based on that book.

That's why I'm saying look ahead, and don't get hung up with what you experience is earthshattering behaviour from Keith. Life goes on, and so does the Stones!

Date: May 3, 2012 12:22

DandelionPowderman, it's always a great pleasure to have a discussion with you.thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: May 3, 2012 12:34

proudmary
DandelionPowderman, it's always a great pleasure to have a discussion with you.thumbs upsmileys with beer

Likewise smiling smiley I only really discuss with people I like and respect thumbs up

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: May 3, 2012 12:44

"Can't we just be happy for KNOWING that the Stones are working together again?"

I'll drink to that! Cheers, DP! smileys with beer

Date: May 3, 2012 13:07

Cheers, Dan! smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2012 14:27

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
Gazza

No. I was referring to the comments by several people on this and other sites. Hence the term 'on here'. I'm not a member of any 'Stones camp' so it would be disingenuous of me to assume I'd know what their 'mood' is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 14:31 by Gazza.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 3, 2012 14:50

Someone said a one off in London 2012 (with Bill and Mick T) and a (smaller) tour in 2013. Sounds feasible to me... The merchandise crap I will neglect. Except for the 50 licks CD if there is one.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 3, 2012 15:17

superrevvy
TeddyB1018
Mick will be in New York on May 19th.

1) What's happening May 19?

2) Since Gazza's confirmation of this recording session, Stonesdoug has
confirmed independently (and, credit where credit is due, Stonesdoug
came up with the dates of this session even before they were leaked by
Ronnie).

3) Stonesdoug's latest: "There is supposed to be one show in 2012 and then
a smaller version of a tour in 2013."

4) As you no doubt recall, I have been a proponent of the one-show-in-2012
theory for several months now. And in case you don't recall:

5) Also of course, for several years now, I have been a proponent of the they'll-be-recording-a-few-new-tracks-for-a-50th-3CD-release-of-unreleased-
things theory.

6) Lastly, while I never doubted the legitimacy of the sources that led
Gazza and others to expect a tour in 2012 (and now 2013), I have maintained
all along
that this was very unlikely.

Thank you for passing Stonesdoug's additional information, Superrevy.

But it would be appreciated (at least by me) if you wouldn't constantly try to turn the fact that you (by means of artistic photoshopping) predicted evertything all along into the central theme of a thread. Unless you are actually an informed source, there is no point in insisting you were somewhat right at some point in history.

superrevvy
but since any tour would make zero sense
financially or artistically or legacy-wise, in the end, as hard as I try,
it is beyond my powers to visualize it.

I doubt you'd have any difficulty with that. In fact I recommend you try, so that somewhere in the future you can actually point to it as a prediction that came true. winking smiley

Thanks everyone for the good news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 15:21 by Limbostone.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home