Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11
Re: The stones are in NYC
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 2, 2012 06:48

memphiscats
Pinching Max & all of us to make sure we're not dreaming...
OH and please don't talk about pizza again - I'm jonesing for some NYC pie.

Off to bed, to sleep, per chance to dream...about, well - you know - It's only...but I like it.
smoking smiley

Have nice dreams of NYC Pizza, the Stones and Ben and Jerrys ice cream....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-02 07:08 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 2, 2012 09:16

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
For fun... they should offer/sell a "fly on the wall" studio web cam, and turn it on from time to time, giving fans a look in, if/when they get a cool jam going..... I know, I know.... they wont... but they should.... for me at least. It doesnt have to be on all time.... just when they get rolling along like my Stones can and do.

at the risk of replying to a post of yours...didn't they film the London jam? Hopefully we will get just such a perspective as you wish.

Are we sure there ever was a jam? I haven't read, seen or heard even one statement about an actual jam -not by any of the Stones, not by Bill Wyman, not by any personel whom would have been present. The rehearsal space still is unknown, which is really rare, there's not a picture, nothing.

The jam to me sounds much more like a business meeting, with Jagger informing the others he isn't going to tour or record a new record.

Mathijs

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 2, 2012 09:27

Max'sKansasCity
swiss
Bashlets
on the Rocks off message board, Gazza has confirmed they are in NYC for another jam session.

Could you please provide a link to post on rocksoff? I went over there [hi Gazza smiling smiley]
and didn't see such a thread. thanks
-swiss

You are not the only one swiss, I think one must be able to speak/read fluent rocksoffian to be able to decipher info over there. I have tried to look before, but I never can find stuff... which is fine, I am not complaining, I am just saying.... and there does not appear to be any "learn how to speak/read rocksoffian in 10 days" books/tapes on Amazon, or ebay.

So hopefully some good sports, like bashlets, will keep us posted... and we are lucky enough to have good ole Gazza still look in on us, from time to time.

I was a Rocks Offer, but for some reason, It got hard to log in and never could remember my password, which I never had to before. I loved it over there - a cool bunch, but I started having technical difficulties gaining access and leaving posts.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 2, 2012 10:21

They continue shooting for a documentary?

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 2, 2012 10:52

proudmary
They continue shooting for a documentary?

Almost certainly. That's why we got very little info in Dec, and why we'll
probably get very little info this week. Keep a little something as a
surprise for the film. Plus they need a few new tracks, as filler for
the upcoming retro-release.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 2, 2012 10:55

Great news...maybe Bill set off a couple of weeks back on a boat, maybe they just hit him with a serious tranquiliser and carried him on a 747...either wayI'm not too concerned about Bill, he will have his chops together if they need him and the liklihood is they will rehearse in NY then transfer to London Town where he could join up.

If all this is accurate then we are witnessing the start of the end, the big build up to the grande finale. Exciting times fellow Iorr's. Finally it looks like is'd 'nailed on' confused smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 2, 2012 11:06

Mathijs
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
For fun... they should offer/sell a "fly on the wall" studio web cam, and turn it on from time to time, giving fans a look in, if/when they get a cool jam going..... I know, I know.... they wont... but they should.... for me at least. It doesnt have to be on all time.... just when they get rolling along like my Stones can and do.

at the risk of replying to a post of yours...didn't they film the London jam? Hopefully we will get just such a perspective as you wish.

Are we sure there ever was a jam? I haven't read, seen or heard even one statement about an actual jam -not by any of the Stones, not by Bill Wyman, not by any personel whom would have been present. The rehearsal space still is unknown, which is really rare, there's not a picture, nothing.

The jam to me sounds much more like a business meeting, with Jagger informing the others he isn't going to tour or record a new record.

Mathijs

This is the Daily Mail article from March that started the theory that the December jam was set up solely for the purpose of providing footage for an upcoming documentary;

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

followed by discussion in the sticky Stones Tour thread:

[www.iorr.org]

The Daily Mail clearly has its own spin on things, but can anyone identify the alleged location of the jam in the first paragraph?

"in a tall, red-brick building off the King’s Road in London, four old rockers sat aimlessly in a recording studio...."

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 2, 2012 11:08

PS: Excellent news about NYC!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 2, 2012 11:12

Max'sKansasCity
there does not appear to be any "learn how to speak/read rocksoffian in 10 days" books/tapes on Amazon

Max, try this one Rocks Off For Dummies smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2012 11:46

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
didn't they film the London jam?

does anybody know this?

I think this reported earlier by Gazza?

Not by me, it wasnt, Tele.

Date: May 2, 2012 11:47

Mathijs
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

There was, and the Stones DID confirm it happened.

Green Lady
Mathijs
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

This is the Daily Mail article from March that started the theory that the December jam was set up solely for the purpose of providing footage for an upcoming documentary;

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.iorr.org]

The Daily Mail clearly has its own spin on things, but can anyone identify the alleged location of the jam in the first paragraph?

"in a tall, red-brick building off the King’s Road in London, four old rockers sat aimlessly in a recording studio...."

Exactly what I mean: the source is the Daily Mail: a gossip paper known for avoiding printing facts. And even the Daily Mail doesn't mention anything about the Stones making any music. They where waiting 'aimlessly', and Jagger left after 'the camera's stopped rolling'. For what? interviews? Just some pictures for the 50 years book or documentary?

I just don't believe there really where any jam sessions at all.

Mathijs

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity
there does not appear to be any "learn how to speak/read rocksoffian in 10 days" books/tapes on Amazon

Max, try this one Rocks Off For Dummies smiling smiley

Thank you kind sir, I knew it had to be there... somewhere... The Rosetta Stone

now.... if I could only learn to follow directions.

Date: May 2, 2012 11:51

Mathijs
Green Lady
Mathijs
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.iorr.org]

Exactly what I mean: the source is the Daily Mail: a gossip paper known for avoiding printing facts. And even the Daily Mail doesn't mention anything about the Stones making any music. They where waiting 'aimlessly', and Jagger left after 'the camera's stopped rolling'. For what? interviews? Just some pictures for the 50 years book or documentary?

Mathijs

Thats your problem, then. I had it confirmed by 3 sources when it actually happened (December 6-8, in a studio in Chelsea), and Jagger himself mentioned it in an interview afterwards, even mentioning rehearsing some 'Some Girls' era songs. The article mentions a 'session' - only YOU have twisted this into a photo session.

The Daily Mail carefully-cherrypicked take on things is irrelevant. Its not as if they sat in a studio 'aimlessly' for 3 days. Their target readership isnt interested in whether they were 'making music' or not. That wasn't the point of the article.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-02 12:24 by Gazza.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 2, 2012 12:14

Hello!

I am leaving to NYC (from Lisboa) next Friday May 4th, for a week.

is anyone from this board going to attend the Mick Taylor shows?

I will buy tickets today and would like to meet any others IORReans!

:-)

Cheers!

Date: May 2, 2012 14:46

Gazza
Mathijs
Green Lady
Mathijs
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.iorr.org]

Mathijs

Thats your problem, then. I had it confirmed by 3 sources when it actually happened (December 6-8, in a studio in Chelsea), and Jagger himself mentioned it in an interview afterwards, even mentioning rehearsing some 'Some Girls' era songs. The article mentions a 'session' - only YOU have twisted this into a photo session.

The Daily Mail carefully-cherrypicked take on things is irrelevant. Its not as if they sat in a studio 'aimlessly' for 3 days. Their target readership isnt interested in whether they were 'making music' or not. That wasn't the point of the article.

I did not twist it in to a photo session, it was a question I posed. What remarks do you have by bandmembers? The only one I know of is the one you just mentioned by Jagger. There's been no statement by Wood, Watts or Wyman that they actually played together that I know off, except for a brief session by Ben Waters, Wood and Watts.

Thing is, it would be a first in 30 years or more that they would actually play without the standard group of people around them, like techs etc. And I just don't believe that.

Mathijs

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 2, 2012 14:48

Good news!

A new album would be a treat. ABB lacked some coherence, but the peaks were very, very good.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 2, 2012 14:59

Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust

Looking for a NYC rehearsals April/May 2012 bootleg someday is probably as close as I'll get to it, unless I decide to get a job at the local pizza delivery place and demand to deliver all pizza's ordered by guys with english accents...peace

We'll take 5 cheese and 5 pepperoni...

"Cheese is very wrong."
Keith Richards

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 2, 2012 15:07

Mathijs
Gazza
Mathijs
Green Lady
Mathijs
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.iorr.org]

Mathijs

I did not twist it in to a photo session, it was a question I posed. What remarks do you have by bandmembers? The only one I know of is the one you just mentioned by Jagger. There's been no statement by Wood, Watts or Wyman that they actually played together that I know off, except for a brief session by Ben Waters, Wood and Watts.

Thing is, it would be a first in 30 years or more that they would actually play without the standard group of people around them, like techs etc. And I just don't believe that.

Mathijs

There was report in Rolling Stone(prior to DM article) about them film the interviews for upcoming documentary during that December jam, and there was no one word about any music they played or recorded. It's obvious that the whole scene was staged for the movie, that's why Jagger was there for only one shooting day.
I think this jam serves the same purpose.

Date: May 2, 2012 15:12

proudmary
Mathijs
Gazza
Mathijs
Green Lady
Mathijs
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.iorr.org]

Mathijs

Mathijs

There was report in Rolling Stone(prior to DM article) about them film the interviews for upcoming documentary during that December jam, and there was no one word about any music they played or recorded. It's obvious that the whole scene was staged for the movie, that's why Jagger was there for only one shooting day.
I think this jam serves the same purpose.

This might very well be true. However, why would they reveal anything about any recordings at this point anyway?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 2, 2012 15:17

Max'sKansasCity

I personally would wellcome any finnished material to be released as a result of those (or any other possible future) sessions, rather than any "Big Brother" thing. The Rolling Stones are not a reality show and I personally don't feel any need cheking upon The Stones "live" in the studio.

Date: May 2, 2012 15:28

Mathijs
Gazza
Mathijs
Green Lady
Mathijs
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.iorr.org]

Mathijs

Mathijs

It basically follows on from Keith's interview a few weeks earlier that he was getting the band together to get the feel of playing together again. In case anyone hadnt noticed, they're a bit out of practice!

Ben Waters was there when they played together. Why on earth would he be there if no music was being played? As for the remark about technicians - how do you know they werent there? How do you disprove a negative? Whether it was 'staged' for a documentary or not, I dont know and don't care - but they DID 'play' together. Thats the point. Jagger wasnt available to begin with as he had a prior commitment in Paris. Why do you need a statement of verification from the entire band when Jagger himself even admitted it several weeks later?

Anyway - here's a quote from Keith which backs up what I said. Hope that helps. eye rolling smiley
[entertainment.stv.tv]

Date: May 2, 2012 15:33

I like this thumbs up:

Keith, 68, said: "We're back in touch, which is great, because I hadn't really spoken to him for years."

When asked if Bill would rejoin the band, he added: "I think he's up for it. We talked about it. I'll let you know when I can."

Bill sat in on practices between the group held in London last December, his first since leaving the group in 1992, which Keith admits he set up to entice Mick back to the group.

He added: "On the third day, Mick turned up, which was a real joy. Because I set it up really as a magnet, you know."

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: May 2, 2012 15:47

maybe one or two of them are planning to attend Springsteen's show tonight in Newark?..

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 2, 2012 15:55

Don't think so. But maybe I'm wrong, UGRollme. As far as I know, none of the four are Springsteen fans.

Date: May 2, 2012 15:57

At least Keith likes Patti Scialfa...

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: May 2, 2012 16:00

Three Stones talked about the December 2011 jam in February and March of this year:

Keith: It was a very back-to-basics sort of session. There was a lot of jamming. On the third day, Mick turned up, which was a real joy. Because I set it up really as a magnet, you know.

Mick: We played a lot of blues and outtakes of Some Girls and things like that. It went very well.

Ron: It was great, keeping our chops together, that's what we love. We're all happy - we were happy before Christmas. It's getting better each time.

Date: May 2, 2012 16:03

TimeIs
Three Stones talked about the December 2011 jam in February and March of this year:

Keith: It was a very back-to-basics sort of session. There was a lot of jamming. On the third day, Mick turned up, which was a real joy. Because I set it up really as a magnet, you know.

Mick: We played a lot of blues and outtakes of Some Girls and things like that. It went very well.

Ron: It was great, keeping our chops together, that's what we love. We're all happy - we were happy before Christmas. It's getting better each time.

thumbs up

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 2, 2012 16:05

Yes.
Happy day.
Thanks Gazza for the update.

The fact that they are together again is a beautiful sign.

See, obsessively visiting this site is starting to pay off again. Made my day!

Date: May 2, 2012 16:07

Gazza
Mathijs
Gazza
Mathijs
Green Lady
Mathijs
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Mathijs

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.iorr.org]

Mathijs

Mathijs

It basically follows on from Keith's interview a few weeks earlier that he was getting the band together to get the feel of playing together again. In case anyone hadnt noticed, they're a bit out of practice!

Ben Waters was there when they played together. Why on earth would he be there if no music was being played? As for the remark about technicians - how do you know they werent there? How do you disprove a negative? Whether it was 'staged' for a documentary or not, I dont know and don't care - but they DID 'play' together. Thats the point. Jagger wasnt available to begin with as he had a prior commitment in Paris. Why do you need a statement of verification from the entire band when Jagger himself even admitted it several weeks later?

Anyway - here's a quote from Keith which backs up what I said. Hope that helps. eye rolling smiley
[entertainment.stv.tv]

It just doesn't add up! So let's just say they had a band meeting discussing the future of the Stones. Richards states beforehand he will get the band together, but doesn't speak of any rehearsals afterwords. And to add -much if what Richards states the last couple of years hasn't made any sense. Then Jagger mentions afterwords it was all nice and whatever. Of course he would say that, what else has he said the last 20 years!

There has been no word from Wyman, who'd surely would state something if he'd played with them. 'it was nice', 'I hated it', what ever. No word! Same for Watts and Wood: not a single word. Why was Ben Waters there? I don't know. Invited by Watts to kill the time waiting for Jagger?

The only thing we know is that after the supposed sessions it was suddenly announced officially that there would be no tour this year, and no album. So Jagger jams with the band for an hour, long enough and sufficient enough to decide there will be no tour. It doesn't sound plausible to me.

Mathijs

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home