Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who owns Brian Jones' Paint it Black days sitar?
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 15, 2020 14:02

Which one?cool smiley

Re: Who owns Brian Jones' Paint it Black days sitar?
Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: August 15, 2020 19:29

Burnt the day after he died. Witnessed and stated by Cotchford gardener Michael Martin.

Date: August 15, 2020 20:00

paulspendel
Burnt the day after he died. Witnessed and stated by Cotchford gardener Michael Martin.
That's very well possible Paul. Brian owned at least three sitars. That's why I put that question.
The sitar used during the song recording, however, is still alive and kicking and in possession of a special (indirectly to Brian) person, who maybe will reveal it one day.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 15, 2020 20:04

Curious as to the story of the burnt sitar the day after Brian died as witnessed by Cotchford gardener Michael Martin. Who did it, how did they do it, and why did they do it?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 15, 2020 20:13

georgie48
paulspendel
That's very well possible Paul. Brian owned at least three sitars. That's why I put that question.
The sitar used during the song recording, however, is still alive and kicking and in possession of a special (indirectly to Brian) person, who maybe will reveal it one day.

Frank Thorogood?
Tom Keylock?
Winnie The Pooh?
Eeyore?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: August 15, 2020 20:20

Elmo Lewis
georgie48
paulspendel

Frank Thorogood?
Tom Keylock?
Winnie The Pooh?
Eeyore?

Oooooh, Elmo .... Winnie The Pooh? You may be close grinning smiley

Date: August 15, 2020 21:04

Ali Zayeri

Date: August 15, 2020 21:54

paulspendel
Ali Zayeri

Some people own a hell of a lot ... but not everything winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 16, 2020 04:16

georgie48
paulspendel

Sent me down the internet rabbit hole of looking up his (alleged) kids.
Hopefully one of them... (if this info is even accurate)

Guessing maybe Julian as he seems to have had a musical career of sorts.

These three (Mark, John, and Julian) all resemble him somewhat though, especially Mark.. (likely old threads here too Im sure, rabbit hole for another day)
[www.angelfire.com]

Date: August 16, 2020 11:04

I'm sorry MisterDDDD, I had no intention to create a rabbit hole (had to look up the meaning first, being non-english).
The three sons are off course directly related to Brian. I have no right to interfere in the life of the indirectly related person. This person can only decide whether or not to reveal it.
Important to me is only that the sitar used during the recording of Paint It Black is still there, just like Brian's Harmony Stratotone guitar (but we all know that off course).
Anyway it would be nice if paulspendel would answer Hairball's questions winking smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 16, 2020 18:36

Yes paulspendel, respond to Hairball's questions. Please.

plexi

Date: August 16, 2020 20:41

Tom Keylock and builders Morris Tucker, and John Betsworth burnt all kinds of items. Like his clothes, some instruments and Brian’s bible. Mick Martin witnessed this fire, a very religious man, and he managed to rescue the Bible from the fire. Brian’s famous 1968/1969 velvet trousers and some other stuff were taken home by the builders. Also some items reached his parents, like Brian’s snake skin boots.

Date: August 16, 2020 20:50

I tried to research Brian’s death, as some of you know. In September Norman Pilchers memoires will be published. I communicated with him the last three years. This involvement is one of my very last actions. I know everybody hates Pilcher, but as a true historian I seriously take into account every available source. My last ongoing lead is finding out what happened to DCI Lawrence Finley’s investigation into the death of Brian. This file is key.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-16 20:56 by paulspendel.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 16, 2020 22:44

I still find it curious that what with the death, accidental or not, of a famous rock star, the police let people BURN potential evidence and personal belongings, right there on the property. Why on earth was this allowed to happen and then have it be done by people (hangers on) who might rightly be considered "people of interest" by the very same police. It just does not make sense. And my understanding, correct or maybe not, is that stuff that was supposedly burned that day has turned up in the time since.

What possible legal justification could there be, or could these people have had, to be able to get away with something like that? Was Brian Jones so despised by the police they somehow just didn't give a shit? Seems very far fetched.

I am willing and anxious to be enlightened as to the facts of this situation if I do not already have them at hand. Again, what I think I know just does not fit together into a credible whole.

jb

Date: August 16, 2020 23:14

Apparently all files connected with the death of Brian Jones are locked for 75 years (if you have to believe that), which makes Brian as important as the likes of John F. Kennedy ... that's either a joke or it s*cks all together.
Assuming that being true, some very "big" (nevertheless mortal) shots (and some of their relatives), one way or the other connected to Brian's death, are under some kind of protection.
It would mean that DCI Finley's file would be out of reach for another 24 years.
In that case, paulspendel, get a beer or a glass of wine, put on some Stones music (how about Paint It Black with that lovely sitar) and forget about the whole thing.
Remembering Brian is, to me, what really counts cool smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 16, 2020 23:23

jbwelda
I still find it curious that what with the death, accidental or not, of a famous rock star, the police let people BURN potential evidence and personal belongings, right there on the property. Why on earth was this allowed to happen and then have it be done by people (hangers on) who might rightly be considered "people of interest" by the very same police. It just does not make sense. And my understanding, correct or maybe not, is that stuff that was supposedly burned that day has turned up in the time since.

What possible legal justification could there be, or could these people have had, to be able to get away with something like that? Was Brian Jones so despised by the police they somehow just didn't give a shit? Seems very far fetched.

I am willing and anxious to be enlightened as to the facts of this situation if I do not already have them at hand. Again, what I think I know just does not fit together into a credible whole.

jb

A few years later people stole a rock stars body, burned it, and only paid a $300 fine for the, at the time, misdemeanor theft.
A cop even help them load Gram Parsons casket into their vehicle during the theft.
Times were different cool smiley

Date: August 17, 2020 02:09

Yeah, I am aware of that case, but that was out in the California desert, at some back of the wall motel and you can get away with a whole lot out there. And Gram Parsons was a bit more of an obscure musician than was world famous Brian Jones. But you are right, times were different.

And I do realize the people who had this supposed fire where all Jones' stuff was burned were employed by Jones, or were working for someone who was, and that the story was they were supposedly burning off surplus material from their work there on the property. So, I guess I can see how they explained it off like that, but at least these days I cannot see that being allowed to happen.

anyway, always been a mystery to me. Never mind my further comments, I was thinking of someone else.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-17 02:53 by jbwelda.

Date: August 17, 2020 08:46

MisterDDDD
jbwelda

jb

A few years later people stole a rock stars body, burned it, and only paid a $300 fine for the, at the time, misdemeanor theft.
A cop even help them load Gram Parsons casket into their vehicle during the theft.
Times were different cool smiley

Interesting that you mention it. Wasn't it surprise information at the time that Bob Dylan paid for a special coffin for Brian? An action like that doesn't come out of the blue, I would say. What did Bob know/suspect?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 17, 2020 09:46

Brian hung around with Bob, not sure when the last time they would have seen each other. He was with Bob in NYC during the great blackout of 1965, I think jamming with him and The Band in Bob's hotel room.
I've read a couple Brian books that say that Bob wrote Like A Rolling Stone for Brian and Ballad of a Thin Man is about him, too... Mr. Jones.
In 1969 a nice casket probably cost a several thousand dollars so it wasn't that much for a rock star to pay for. I recall reading Charlie paid for Nicky Hopkins casket.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 17, 2020 10:09

jbwelda
I still find it curious that what with the death, accidental or not, of a famous rock star, the police let people BURN potential evidence and personal belongings, right there on the property. Why on earth was this allowed to happen and then have it be done by people (hangers on) who might rightly be considered "people of interest" by the very same police.
jb

Well, do we know what happened after the police left? No one called it murder to begin with, so what would have been the reason to seal off the property to prevent deterioration of evidence? The police could have simply left after a few hours and anything could have happened. How soon was the family notified? How quickly did they secure the property? If they did at all. It's not hard to understand how the burning took place if there was no one of authority to prevent it.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 17, 2020 12:00

paulspendel
Tom Keylock and builders Morris Tucker, and John Betsworth burnt all kinds of items. Like his clothes, some instruments and Brian’s bible. Mick Martin witnessed this fire, a very religious man, and he managed to rescue the Bible from the fire. Brian’s famous 1968/1969 velvet trousers and some other stuff were taken home by the builders. Also some items reached his parents, like Brian’s snake skin boots.

Sorry, this is all total bullshit. They didn't burn any of Brian's stuff.

Brian's parents visited Cothcford for several days and took possession of most of Brian's stuff -clothes, instruments, jewelry, art and whatever more.

For the last 10 years or so the Brian estate has been selling more and more of Brian's stuff, and for reasons I do not know, the last year the market is flooding with Brian owned stuff.

And its not 'just a few items', but really a lot, literally dozen and dozen's of necklaces, jackets, art, paintings, boots, but also personal stuff of Brian like letters, faxes, bills and whatever more have turned up in the market to collectors, all from the Brian Jones estate.

Some of his instruments went back to the Stones office (like his Mellotron, his LP Goldtop, one of his Firebirds, his Vox Mando), and the rest went to his parents, who have sold just about all instruments already in the 1980's.

Mathijs

Date: August 17, 2020 18:38

That, Mathijs, sounds way more likely.

jb

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 17, 2020 23:30

Yet another Brian thread crammed with misinformation. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: August 18, 2020 01:44

Elmo Lewis
georgie48
paulspendel

Frank Thorogood?
Tom Keylock?
Winnie The Pooh?
Eeyore?

Tenner says it was Winnie the Pooh in the garden with the flame thrower.

Date: August 18, 2020 10:57

His Majesty
Yet another Brian thread crammed with misinformation. eye rolling smiley

I've always respected your input HM, so feel free to comment. It won't take that much time and I like nothing more than correct info on Brian for as far as that is possible (I enjoyed Trynka's book!)
winking smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 18, 2020 11:16

Mathijs
paulspendel

Sorry, this is all total bullshit. They didn't burn any of Brian's stuff.

Brian's parents visited Cothcford for several days and took possession of most of Brian's stuff -clothes, instruments, jewelry, art and whatever more.

For the last 10 years or so the Brian estate has been selling more and more of Brian's stuff, and for reasons I do not know, the last year the market is flooding with Brian owned stuff.

And its not 'just a few items', but really a lot, literally dozen and dozen's of necklaces, jackets, art, paintings, boots, but also personal stuff of Brian like letters, faxes, bills and whatever more have turned up in the market to collectors, all from the Brian Jones estate.

Some of his instruments went back to the Stones office (like his Mellotron, his LP Goldtop, one of his Firebirds, his Vox Mando), and the rest went to his parents, who have sold just about all instruments already in the 1980's.

Mathijs

Just for the record and historical correctness. We are here in 1969. Cables and telexes - therefore - yes, faxes no. Fax service was introduced in the late 70s only, e.g. by German Post Office in 1979, and became standard in business only by the mid 80s.

Date: August 18, 2020 11:21

I thought the telefax was invented in 1843 (then called "Electric Printing Telegraph")?

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 18, 2020 11:38

DandelionPowderman
I thought the telefax was invented in 1843 (then called "Electric Printing Telegraph")?

Imagine Brian rushing to and fro between his volomuninous heavy-weight electric printing telegraph machine and his sitar.

Joking aside: I have never seen a fax to or from (one of) the Stones dated pre 1970. Have you?

Date: August 18, 2020 11:59

The tongue logo was faxed in 1970, allegedly.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 18, 2020 12:36

dead.flowers

Just for the record and historical correctness. We are here in 1969. Cables and telexes - therefore - yes, faxes no. Fax service was introduced in the late 70s only, e.g. by German Post Office in 1979, and became standard in business only by the mid 80s.

Brian's fax machine was burned in a fire after his death by drunk builders. This is to cover up he wrote Ruby Tuesday on it.

Mathijs
Ps according to the almighty Wikipedia, the first modern fax machine was introduced by Xerox in 1964.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home