Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones Crew Band
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2020 15:50

The Crew Band was performing on days between Stones shows. The gigs seemed to happen on short notice, you just had to be around. Friends told friends, then you went there, and we got some really great gigs, with Rolling Stones band members, crew, some times even guest appearances by JC, Leah Wood, you never knew who might join in. Later on, with Band 2, Charlie could join in, Mick could be in the crowd, all these gigs made it even more exiting to be on tour.

Below, some pictures from the Crew Band gig in Buenos Aires Argentina 1998.

Bjornulf

Re: The Rolling Stones Crew Band
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 21, 2020 15:52

The Allman Brothers crew band was called The Almost Brothers.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2020 16:00

The Crew Band in Amsterdam Netherlands summer 1998.

PS. Sorry about the poor photo quality, just shots with iPhone off the positives, I am working on a real scanning project using the negatives, this is just some memories while waiting for the real stuff...

Bjornulf

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 21, 2020 16:00

Great.
Who was on drums? The drum roadie?
I'd like to learn some more.

How many gigs? What did they play?
Nice for this times . .

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 21, 2020 17:09

oh this was fun smiling smiley during the years i was at some of those shows smiling smiley
tnks for posting those photos smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 21, 2020 20:30

Yes, 1998 was a unique year for the Netherlands. The Rolling Stones played the Amsterdam Arena none less than five times! I went to all five of them (including one on my 50st birthday!) and in between also saw the crew band. I remember the great athmosphere! A hot place packed with people.
Later on that year the Stones came back to "do" the Malieveld in The Hague. That was a great concert! Maybe because it rained a lot that evening, the Stones found extra energy. After the concert my jeans were muddy up to my knees, but that only made the evening more special.
Time flies ...
smileys with beer

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: October 21, 2020 21:12

thanx for the pix bv,that one of Bobby made me smile,i miss him.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 22, 2020 13:39

CousinC
Great.
Who was on drums? The drum roadie?
I'd like to learn some more.

How many gigs? What did they play?
Nice for this times . .
Probably Mike Comieux ? ( i know i butchered the spelling )

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 22, 2020 13:42

I had to look a few times at Lisa Fischer as she was hard to recognize without her stage makeup on . I really miss her awesome vocals and stage presence . Nothing against Sasha , but she is not on Lisa Fisher level .

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: October 22, 2020 15:22

georgie48
Yes, 1998 was a unique year for the Netherlands. The Rolling Stones played the Amsterdam Arena none less than five times! I went to all five of them (including one on my 50st birthday!) and in between also saw the crew band. I remember the great athmosphere! A hot place packed with people.
Later on that year the Stones came back to "do" the Malieveld in The Hague. That was a great concert! Maybe because it rained a lot that evening, the Stones found extra energy. After the concert my jeans were muddy up to my knees, but that only made the evening more special.
Time flies ...
smileys with beer

I was at The Hague show. Great show. Very, very wet! Some of us had travelled over from Scotland without a change of shoes! Remember being very impressed by how quickly the rail service dispersed the huge crowd outside the station after the gig.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 22, 2020 15:39

Leah really looks a lot like Ronnie in that picture.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 23, 2020 20:30

I forgot how much I liked Leah smileys with beer

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 23, 2020 21:43

teleblaster
georgie48
Time flies ...
smileys with beer

I was at The Hague show. Great show. Very, very wet! Some of us had travelled over from Scotland without a change of shoes! Remember being very impressed by how quickly the rail service dispersed the huge crowd outside the station after the gig.

And you Scots are experts when it comes to rain cool smiley. I remember the latter too. No problem whatsoever. I think it was partly due to trains leaving in three completely different directions and also many came by car. It was very different from 2018 Twickenham. Total disaster according to bv eye popping smiley
I was lucky, because my daughter (living in London) knew a quick way around.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 24, 2020 14:09

Great pictures!!!!!!smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home