Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Blue Oyster Cult new album "The Symbol Remains"
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 15, 2020 01:06

This one almost missed me, just saw it the other day. Check it out BOC fans!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-15 01:07 by shadooby.

Re: OT: Blue Oyster Cult new album "The Symbol Remains"
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 19, 2020 00:50

Ouch, no B.O.C. fans round these parts? This really is a kickass album.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 19, 2020 04:15

ery big BOC fan here. Have you listened to this new one? I'm definitely a "first three "Black and White" guy though also love lots of stuff up to "Heaven Forbid" and have seen them live in many incarnations. Last time was about five years ago and they were still the Amazing Blue Oyster Cult. Buck Dharma is the great overlooked guitar player.

Stones connection -- they have covered "It's Not Easy" from time to time. Good choice!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 19, 2020 07:29

Have seen them a bunch over the years but can'y get excited for many new albums.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2020 07:48

One of the first concerts I ever attended back around '76 or '77 and it was fun, but aside from liking a few of their old tunes, I've never considered myself a fan.
I still think Don't Fear the Reaper is one of the greatest rock songs ever, and listen to it start to finish whenever it comes on the radio.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 19, 2020 10:41

Wry Cooter
I'm definitely a "first three "Black and White" guy

Me too. Plus Don’t Fear The Reaper.
Despite I got Secret Treaties when it was released in 1974, I caught them live only once in Glasgow three years ago, and, yes, “they were still the Amazing Blue Oyster Cult.”
I requested Astronomy, one of my favorite, and I was thrilled they played it in the encore. They rarely pick it in recent years — in fact, according to setlist.fm, that remains the last public performance of the song to date.

Stones connection? I remember the interview published in the Japanese liner notes that came with Secret Treaties, in which a journalist asked them if it was difficult for a musician who had been around for a long time to stay fresh, and one BOC member answered — “The Rolling Stones still make a good record, don’t they?” Kudos for him.

Date: October 19, 2020 14:58

BLUE ÖYSTER CULT and The Rolling Stones are my two favorite bands. In the past twenty years, neither has been prolific in the studio. That said, THE SYMBOL REMAINS is terrific. I love it!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 19, 2020 18:31

Yes, but who hear likes Soft White Underbelly? If you know BOC you should like them too. They played in my area a bunch of times in the late 70's.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 19, 2020 18:42

HopeYouGuessMyName
BLUE ÖYSTER CULT and The Rolling Stones are my two favorite bands. In the past twenty years, neither has been prolific in the studio. That said, THE SYMBOL REMAINS is terrific. I love it!

Is this what happens when you sit too close to the speakers?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2020 18:42

This is more "dinosaur" than Godzilla...killer riff....

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: October 20, 2020 07:17

I'm Really Liking this album. Not a fan of Stand and Fight (Gang Vocal-Chorus) not my thing or the song Tainted Blood. The train song is kinda odd too-meh, but the rest is very good stuff.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 20, 2020 11:57

I saw them near the end of the 70s, I believe a day or two after Christmas. I do remember the concert fondly. I never bought an album but knew all their songs on the radio.

I will give this a listen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-20 11:57 by StonedAsiaExile.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home