Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Zoë Ball interviews Keith on BBC Radio 2 the YouTube
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 8, 2020 11:33

[youtu.be]

It’s the whole interview. How much I love Keith, I have to say, it sounds like he’s talking some bullshit. Like talking about recording in “his” basement with Jimmy Page on Scarlet, that was his best bet. And a few other minor things.
But maybe he’s NOT bullshitting about going in to the studio with Don Was next month!
But why next month? It also sounded to me, that he and Don Was will go together. Didn’t sound to me like the other STONES will go with them. but I could be mistaken here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-08 12:39 by Christiaan.

Re: Zoë Ball interviews Keith on BBC Radio 2
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: September 8, 2020 11:34

Thanks

Re: Zoë Ball interviews Keith on BBC Radio 2 the YouTube
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 8, 2020 13:36

One can tell she's not a Stones fan. But she is professional. She makes the guest feel good. That's the trick really.
If you can make the guest relax you're on a good start. And as a professional she knows that.

Date: September 8, 2020 13:47

Christiaan
[youtu.be]

It’s the whole interview. How much I love Keith, I have to say, it sounds like he’s talking some bullshit. Like talking about recording in “his” basement with Jimmy Page on Scarlet, that was his best bet. And a few other minor things.
But maybe he’s NOT bullshitting about going in to the studio with Don Was next month!
But why next month? It also sounded to me, that he and Don Was will go together. Didn’t sound to me like the other STONES will go with them. but I could be mistaken here.

Not that far from the truth, as he lived in a cottage on the premises.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2020 14:28

Yes, by early October it probably was his basement! grinning smiley

Date: September 8, 2020 14:28

DandelionPowderman
Christiaan
[youtu.be]

Well I didn’t live there and I can only judge on things I’ve been reading about the Stones, but all I read over the subject that it was recorded in Ronnie’s basement. That’s also what Jimmy Page said. Mick said that Keith hadn’t a basement as he knows of.
Well I don’t know it either of course.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 8, 2020 15:13

Christiaan
javascript:editor_tools_handle_smiley()winking smileywinking smiley
[youtu.be]

I have to say, it sounds like he’s talking some bullshit. Like talking about recording in “his” basement with Jimmy Page on Scarlet, that was his best bet.

Wal, it's a known fact "Scarlet" was recorded in 71 at Nellcote, right? winking smiley winking smiley winking smiley winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2020 15:46

Christiaan, it really was Ronnie's house (The Wick) and Ronnie's basement, but what DandelionPowderman meant is that Keith actually used to live in the guesthouse/coach house much of that year smiling smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 8, 2020 17:22

Keith is Keith. I was just happy to hear his growling laughs first thing this morning and thankful that he's still around to make me smile and chuckle at some of the stuff he comes out with grinning smiley

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: September 8, 2020 17:28

Beast
Keith is Keith. I was just happy to hear his growling laughs first thing this morning and thankful that he's still around to make me smile and chuckle at some of the stuff he comes out with grinning smiley

Amen!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 8, 2020 17:40

Well, a few years later Peter Tosh taught Keith that where a man happens to spend time that's one's home and belongs to him (although Keith seemed to disagree then) ... Or probably Keith knew that already by then... grinning smiley

Wasn't the story that Keith just supposed to stay a few days at Ronnie's, but ended up spending months... Taking his habits back then, and being a living exile, probably that of who owning the premises didn't much worry him... 'everywhere I lay my hat, that' s my home...'smoking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 8, 2020 18:18

Date: September 8, 2020 18:21

Christiaan
DandelionPowderman
Christiaan
[youtu.be]

Well I didn’t live there and I can only judge on things I’ve been reading about the Stones, but all I read over the subject that it was recorded in Ronnie’s basement. That’s also what Jimmy Page said. Mick said that Keith hadn’t a basement as he knows of.
Well I don’t know it either of course.

Keith lived on the premises, in Ronnie's garden. So, "my basement" might mean the basement at the place he lived. There is no doubt about the basement being Ronnie's. smiling smiley

Date: September 8, 2020 21:53

Topi
Christiaan, it really was Ronnie's house (The Wick) and Ronnie's basement, but what DandelionPowderman meant is that Keith actually used to live in the guesthouse/coach house much of that year smiling smiley

Okay and probally Keith just think he owned that place, must have been strange times for Keith spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2020 21:54

Thanks Zoe ....Fanks Keef ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 8, 2020 21:57

We all agree on who’s basement it was in the end!!!smoking smiley
KEITH!!!!! He lived there!! Where Keith layes his head, is HIS home
After all, Keith own’s this world, and we love him for it!!!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 8, 2020 22:07

Ronnie was supposedly on the road at the time. With Keith living in the coach house, Keith probably (pretty correctly) thought of it as his basement.

Keith on the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show on BBC
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: September 24, 2020 15:51

Listen and enjoy, starting around 2:02:57

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Keith on the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show on BBC
Posted by: Marthijn ()
Date: September 24, 2020 16:37

Always nice hearing Keith.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: September 25, 2020 05:35

smileys with beer

Date: September 26, 2020 11:31

This link will help, this only the part with with Keith and the Stones songs.

[youtu.be]

Date: September 26, 2020 11:33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1592
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home