Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ben waters roonie wood - delay
Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: September 24, 2020 10:06

Hello guys.

have any of you get money back for the canceled concert in london ben waters with roonie wood on March 17th?

what are the procedures in the uk? until when does the organizer have to pay back for the canceled concerts?

Re: ben waters roonie wood - delay
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: September 24, 2020 10:40

The organizerwas Ben Waters himself. Contact him and I am sure you will get your money back.

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: September 24, 2020 10:45

I have already sent 20 e-mails and I get no reply.

did any of you get a refund?

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 24, 2020 11:48

Ben was organising this himself and it's a big deal to get Ronnie to play... venue, equipment, transport, security etc... to keep the ticket prices down Ben has to arrange / pay for that himself, many costs are likely not recoverable due to Ben making the responsible decision to postpone the concerts before the UK lockdown was formally declared on the afternoon of the 16th which would have delayed the concerts anyway. There is a lot of dust to settle, some of the companies Ben will have relied on may not come back into business to honour their commitments. Ben sent out a communication asking people to bare with him. Ben is one of the most decent people I have ever had the pleasure to get to know. The timing of these gigs could literally not have been worse from a business point of view. I am hoping Ben can make these happen again (and again), he is literally THE best at persuading and making Ronnie feel good about playing. He will make things whole, I have no doubt.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 24, 2020 11:52

I found the original announcement from Ben:

PLEASE NOTE: Ben Waters & Ronnie Wood’s concerts have been postponed. Hold onto your tickets for further instructions. Please see message below from Ben Waters:

It’s with great sadness that I have to announce the cancellation of the shows at Under The Bridge

I was immensely looking forward to playing with the band and of course the amazing Ronnie Wood

We decided that it’s just not safe and it’s not fair to gamble with peoples lives and also I just heard that the government is going to ban large gatherings next week in any case

We are going to postpone the events and hope you will stick with us – several of you have asked if Ronnie will still do the rescheduled show – Yes That’s the whole point, we couldn’t do it without him, the rescheduled event will definitely include him!

The dates will be announced asap when things have calmed down a bit – For those of you who stick with us and come to the rearranged shows, I am going to do something really special for you – I don’t know what it is yet, but I will, I promise
I hope you are all okay! Please keep safe, please keep washing your hands and please look after the elderly, health is more important than anything

When this is over we will have the best party ever to say thank you

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 24, 2020 14:41

Ben is amazing, have spoken to him several times at the end of 2019 when I was in the UK for the Ronnie Wood shows.

I would say, keep your ticket and wait for the rescheduled show smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: September 24, 2020 17:16

mattleeuk
Ben was organising this himself and it's a big deal to get Ronnie to play... venue, equipment, transport, security etc... to keep the ticket prices down Ben has to arrange / pay for that himself, many costs are likely not recoverable due to Ben making the responsible decision to postpone the concerts before the UK lockdown was formally declared on the afternoon of the 16th which would have delayed the concerts anyway. There is a lot of dust to settle, some of the companies Ben will have relied on may not come back into business to honour their commitments. Ben sent out a communication asking people to bare with him. Ben is one of the most decent people I have ever had the pleasure to get to know. The timing of these gigs could literally not have been worse from a business point of view. I am hoping Ben can make these happen again (and again), he is literally THE best at persuading and making Ronnie feel good about playing. He will make things whole, I have no doubt.
Spot on Matt. I am hoding on to 6 tickets for a Ben Waters re-arranged gig next year - I hope. I'm sure Ben will not let us down!

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: September 24, 2020 21:45

Hi Polandstones,

If it helps and is deemed possible, I would take your tickets at face valüwhatever comes out of it. Had lots of fun at All Saints. Let me know.

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: September 24, 2020 22:02

I did not know about this show, but I trust that Ben will make things right. So much so that if you need a refund right now, sell them to me instead. Reply here and we'll figure out how to contact each other.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 24, 2020 23:56

yeah I was going to offer the same, and I live in the USA.

So likewise, if you have a ticket to sell for face value and postage, I would be willing to take it off your hands if for the display value only though if the coast is clear when the show is rescheduled, I would be mightily tempted to make it over.

thanks
jb

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: September 25, 2020 03:13

jbwelda
yeah I was going to offer the same, and I live in the USA.

So likewise, if you have a ticket to sell for face value and postage, I would be willing to take it off your hands if for the display value only though if the coast is clear when the show is rescheduled, I would be mightily tempted to make it over.

thanks
jb

I’m in the US too! And can’t wait for an excuse to get back to London. Saw the show at Shepherds Bush and was dismayed by all the phones in the air all the time. Wasn’t like that at the Cutting Room shows a few years ago. Never miss a chance to catch Ronnie though!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 25, 2020 03:49

Strikes me though, that there may not be actual "tickets" but instead some kind of email receipt. Offer stands though

jb

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: September 25, 2020 12:46

jbwelda
Strikes me though, that there may not be actual "tickets" but instead some kind of email receipt. Offer stands though

jb
You are right. They are e-tickets. Also mine are definitely not for sale. I'm dreaming of a show next year!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 25, 2020 13:56

mattleeuk
Ben was organising this himself .... I have no doubt.

Agree with you as far as I can see Matt. I hope Ben Waters will get this together again with Ronnie Wood if possible. I keep my tickets for as long as possible. Let’s hope that people outside of England, like me, are allowed to come to the shows if they hopefully will be rescheduled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-25 18:06 by Christiaan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home