Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keiths OK
Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: April 24, 2012 20:52

By Keith's own admission, his long layoff from the guitar (while concentrating on his book, etc.) has left him a bit rusty. But he's been dipping his feet in the pool this year, with the recent event at the Apollo and with next week's event in Baton Rouge. Additionally, on February 26, he paid tribute to Chuck Berry at the JFK Library in Boston, by performing Chuck's "Promised Land" alongside Elvis Costello. Chuck didn't play, but Keith got to chat with him, as well as with the evening's o
By Keith's own admission, his long layoff from the guitar (while concentrating on his book, etc.) has left him a bit rusty. But he's been dipping his feet in the pool this year, with the recent event at the Apollo and with next week's event in Baton Rouge. Additionally, on February 26, he paid tribute to Chuck Berry at the JFK Library in Boston, by performing Chuck's "Promised Land" alongside Elvis Costello. Chuck didn't play, but Keith got to chat with him, as well as with the evening's other honoree, Leonard Cohen.ther honoree, Leonard Cohen.

He's just a bit rusty, I think he's old enough and around long enough to know.

Re: Keiths OK
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2012 21:08

"By Keith's own admission, his long layoff from the guitar (while concentrating on his book, etc.) has left him a bit rusty".

It's going to take a hammer and chisel to break through that thick layer of rust.
Possibly even a jackhammer.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 24, 2012 21:11

Keith is Ok but this skills on the guitar are not what they used to be. It is worrysome if the rolling stones want to do something live, something that rocks and rolls. I love Keith Richards and I hope my worries are just that, worries.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 24, 2012 21:12

Thanks for the breaking news, bestfour.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 24, 2012 21:14

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 24, 2012 22:11

Rust Never Sleeps sad smiley

Date: April 24, 2012 22:14

Hairball
"By Keith's own admission, his long layoff from the guitar (while concentrating on his book, etc.) has left him a bit rusty".

It's going to take a hammer and chisel to break through that thick layer of rust.
Possibly even a jackhammer.

Utter rubbish, the man would'nt pick up the axe if he could'nt play it !!!

Date: April 24, 2012 22:15

GumbootCloggeroo
Thanks for the breaking news, bestfour.

Your welcome !!

Date: April 24, 2012 22:17

crumbling_mice
Rust Never Sleeps sad smiley

But it can be got rid of drinking smiley

Date: April 24, 2012 22:20

Sure, but if it has spread too far and wide then it's host is usually damaged beyond repair.

Date: April 25, 2012 00:05

crumbling_mice
Sure, but if it has spread too far and wide then it's host is usually damaged beyond repair.

So you think Keith's had it and should throw in the towel???

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 25, 2012 00:07

bestfour
crumbling_mice

So you think Keith's had it and should throw in the towel???

possibly...it may not even be his choice.

Date: April 25, 2012 00:20

Comes a time when the body has to give out....whether it's Keiths brain or fingers or both...who knows, but he's an old man, an old man who has seriously abused body and mind for many years. There is always a price to pay and playing a show of 2 hours over a period of weeks, months or years is going to be extremely difficult if you are not firing on all cylinders mentally and physically. The other way is to take lots of drugs...Keith did this for a long time to tour and it's unlikely that is an option any more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Keith fan..love the guy and his music, but I would hate to see him stumbling about playing three note solos and on a final tour. If he could do one great last show that would do for me. He's paid his dues to us and the musical world ingeneral, he shouldn't need to do anything which could put his remaining health at risk or ruin his legacy.

Date: April 25, 2012 00:26

crumbling_mice
Comes a time when the body has to give out....whether it's Keiths brain or fingers or both...who knows, but he's an old man, an old man who has seriously abused body and mind for many years. There is always a price to pay and playing a show of 2 hours over a period of weeks, months or years is going to be extremely difficult if you are not firing on all cylinders mentally and physically. The other way is to take lots of drugs...Keith did this for a long time to tour and it's unlikely that is an option any more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Keith fan..love the guy and his music, but I would hate to see him stumbling about playing three note solos and on a final tour. If he could do one great last show that would do for me. He's paid his dues to us and the musical world ingeneral, he shouldn't need to do anything which could put his remaining health at risk or ruin his legacy.

Yes sadly what you say is true, I'm clutching at straws, just hopeing

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 25, 2012 00:37

Do you want the bad news, the good news, or the overdub news?

Here's the bad news: Keith playing a crappy solo in 2007 (1:30)

Here's the good news: Keith playing an equally crappy solo in 1974 (1:30)

Here's the overdub news: Keith playing a great solo in 2006 (2:15)

Date: April 25, 2012 00:56

Rolling Stones & New Barbarians - C.N.I.B. Bene...Rolling Stones & New Barbarians - C.N.I.B. Bene...8,963 viewsMeeuweschijt
* 5:15BOB DYLAN Feat,KEITH RICHARDS & RON WOOD LIVE O...BOB DYLAN Feat,KEITH RICHARDS & RON WOOD LIVE O...218,889 viewsTONY1962AGY

© 2012 YouTube, LLC

What;s that quarrel about??? Wtf??? Keith is THE GREATEST MUSICIAN THAT EVER LIVED ON THIS PLANET. MORE HEART. MORE SOUL and MORE BALLS THAN ANY OTHER GUITAR PLAYER DEAD OR ALIVE. ...HANDS DOWN, MATES...

occams99 (3 months ago)

Keith Richards is no guitar genius huh? Who's your control, Yngwie Malmsteen? Richards is one of the most prolific authors of sonic attitude that ever played the instrument. No flash, just dirty balls being dragged through the gutter because that's where dirty balls go.

MarkDesmo (8 months ago)

Nice one Guitasteef. The better the artist the fewer the brush strokes.

Brilliant guitarest

I agree, Listen to "can't you hear me knocking" He is one hell of a rhythm guitarist... He locks in with the drummer.

MarkDesmo (8 months ago)

But Keith is a genius. You try playing some of his stuff. Ok you can get the basic sound, but there's a lot more going on than first meets the ear. He's always had a fascination with chords and rhythm while avoiding flamboyant virtuosity in favour of riffs that are direct, incisive, and unpretentious. Ian McLagen keyboards, Willie Weeks Bass, Andy Newmark Drums, Keith and Ronnie. Nice vid, thanks for posting.

Date: April 25, 2012 01:01

Send It To me

Come on Amys beautiful bum right in front of him, God bless her

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 25, 2012 02:49

bestfour
By Keith's own admission, his long layoff from the guitar (while concentrating on his book, etc.) has left him a bit rusty. But he's been dipping his feet in the pool this year, with the recent event at the Apollo and with next week's event in Baton Rouge. Additionally, on February 26, he paid tribute to Chuck Berry at the JFK Library in Boston, by performing Chuck's "Promised Land" alongside Elvis Costello. Chuck didn't play, but Keith got to chat with him, as well as with the evening's o
By Keith's own admission, his long layoff from the guitar (while concentrating on his book, etc.) has left him a bit rusty. But he's been dipping his feet in the pool this year, with the recent event at the Apollo and with next week's event in Baton Rouge. Additionally, on February 26, he paid tribute to Chuck Berry at the JFK Library in Boston, by performing Chuck's "Promised Land" alongside Elvis Costello. Chuck didn't play, but Keith got to chat with him, as well as with the evening's other honoree, Leonard Cohen.ther honoree, Leonard Cohen.

He's just a bit rusty, I think he's old enough and around long enough to know.

He didn't pick up a guitar for TWO YEARS, because he was "concentrating" on his book???

I really hope Keith regains form, and he just might yet do it. There are many great athletes that decline to mediocrity (or lower) in their next to last season, and DO manage to "come back" (to a remarkable extent, not their prime of course) for one last play, series, season etc, seeming to will their body to do what seemed to have become impossible.

But in the meantime, while I will remain hopeful, I am not going to suspend my disbelief with a seemingly endless stream of alibis.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: April 25, 2012 03:09

he'll be fine,much worry over nothing.everybody thought derek jeter was washed up too.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 25, 2012 06:22

backstreetboy1
he'll be fine,much worry over nothing.everybody thought derek jeter was washed up too.

Here we go again, ok he will probably do a huge world tour with stones and play at least 200 shows. Just forget it and realize he can't do it well enough anymore, he could hardly play a simple CB riff. The touring days of Mr. Richards are over, it's not about rust it's about serious health issues.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 25, 2012 09:18

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-25 09:31 by Doxa.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: April 25, 2012 13:40

thanks bestfour, for having a positive attitude, and posting one of the few positive threads on this forum

whether your thoughts are realistic or not, no one on here really knows, some think they do but they dont

the world was created on hopes and dreams

I like you dont believe its over, time will tell,, but I will let time tell me not the nah sayers

Date: April 25, 2012 13:57

bestfour
Send It To me

Come on Amys beautiful bum right in front of him, God bless her

The 1974 solo is crappy? Are you out of your mind? It should be in the school book of rock as THE most effective solo ever!

Posted by: nobs ()
Date: April 25, 2012 14:01

Keith's solo wasn't that bad, but that thing that tiptoes out and DESTROYS the song was awful!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 25, 2012 15:58

crumbling_mice

+1 !
smileys with beer

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 25, 2012 17:41

The 1974 solo is crappy? Are you out of your mind? It should be in the school book of rock as THE most effective solo ever![/quote]

My point is less that its not good and more that Keith has never been a virtuoso and that if people are looking for signs of decline that could have found it at any point along the way

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home