Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

HAPPY
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: September 19, 2020 07:14

With 2019 been there last show, I would have liked Keith performing Happy. It is not that I do not prefer, before they make me run. But I really do not understand till now, hwy he did not perform happy at least once. Well God Knows.

Re: HAPPY
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: September 19, 2020 08:19

I've wondered if Happy wasnt being played anymore due to the loss of Anita?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 19, 2020 08:30

It's been played the whole 2017 no filter leg after Anita died and a couple
of times in 2018.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: September 19, 2020 08:54

According to Setlist.fm, Happy has been played 527x b/w 6-3-72 (Vancouver, BC) through 6-9-18 (Edinburgh).

July '07 - Nov '12 was when it wasn't played at all. Since Nov '12 it's been played 64x over the course of the following 7 years.

Setlist.fm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-19 08:56 by KevinM.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 19, 2020 14:30

KevinM

July '07 - Nov '12 was when it wasn't played at all.

Also not from Aug. 1982 - Aug. 1989 since the Stones were not on Tour (like end of 2007-12).

A better overview of live played songs: [TimeIsOnOurSide.com] .

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 19, 2020 14:49

Great song!
But ... I can not imagine the Stones not playing songs for emotional reasons. As some mentioned correctly, they played Happy well after AP past away. Also I remember as close as 2016 when the Stones were asked/told not to play Sympathy in Cuba and move the performance day because of religious reasons. Nothing changed.
I remember VW "demanded" the Stones to arrive on stage in a Volkswagen in Sweden (if I remember well). VW was their main sponsor that tour. Off course they didn't. Nothing changed in the Las Vegas setlist the day after Mick's beloved dad past away, etc.
They hated the silly compromises they did in the early sixties (Ed Sullivan shows, etc.) and once independent, nobody could tell them what to do or what not.
Love the guys!
smileys with beer

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: September 19, 2020 19:14

I wasnt trying to imply Keith stopped playing it the day Anita passed...just that it may be the reason it is no longer played and or reduced in frequency.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 19, 2020 19:55

I was not very 'happy' that it wasn't played during the 2019 tour, but on the bright side I've seen it played live probably a couple dozen times previously.
Now that everything regarding the Stones ever touring again is at a standstill and not likely to change any time soon, I might have to what others have done;
break down every show I've attended song by song. With 62 shows, it will take a bit of time to figure it all out, but am now curious as to how many times I've seen Happy!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 19, 2020 20:10

Hairball
I was not very 'happy' that it wasn't played during the 2019 tour, but on the bright side I've seen it played live probably a couple dozen times previously.
Now that everything regarding the Stones ever touring again is at a standstill and not likely to change any time soon, I might have to what others have done;
break down every show I've attended song by song. With 62 shows, it will take a bit of time to figure it all out, but am now curious as to how many times I've seen Happy!

This calls for a Stats Thread - This subject comes up often - Concerns many songs and calls for fact checking - I always thought Brown eyed Girls was number one- see link below

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 19, 2020 20:20

Hmm...no sign of the Stones in any of those categories...

And I would have guessed the Beatles would have been higher on the "Best-selling physical singles" category with at least a couple of tunes,
but they did make it to the second tier of 10–14.9 million copies sold with I Want to Hold Your Hand, as did George's My Sweet Lord.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 19, 2020 20:33

Hairball
Hmm...no sign of the Stones in any of those categories...

And I would have guessed the Beatles would have been higher on the "Best-selling physical singles" category with at least a couple of tunes,
but they did make it to the second tier of 10–14.9 million copies sold with I Want to Hold Your Hand, as did George's My Sweet Lord.

Great Point - Maybe we should ignore sales and determine which have been played more .... but how do we count songs listened by accident? Such as XM or even regular radio? Is popularity based on # of listens.... that seems ambiguous? I do not know the answer. But sales alone or even streams seems to not give an accurate estimate or means of popularity. Interesting, nonetheless

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home