Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Youtube channel James James
Date: August 20, 2020 00:39

Any fans of the James James youtube channel? Lots of stones content but also other great guitar tutorials.

If you have not seen it check it out. (I am not related to him un any way, just something i want to share)

Re: Youtube channel James James
Date: August 20, 2020 14:56

Let me help you;

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: terry ()
Date: August 20, 2020 16:02

I’ve been using James James for ages his good and has a great selection in stones
T Shirts.
Also my other favourite guitar guy is Mnaicck his hands just float over the fretboard So effortlessly.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 20, 2020 16:30

Yeah, he posts some great stuff for sure

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 20, 2020 17:15

Thanks for posting !

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: August 20, 2020 17:59

Great channel

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 20, 2020 18:05

I like it...in his videos you can see how much Keith worked back then.
Example:

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 20, 2020 18:15

He´s got another channel as privettricker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-20 18:18 by TooTough.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 20, 2020 18:19

TooTough
Example:

I don't see the point, he's omitting lotsa thing Keith was doing. IOW, this is a video of a guy playing to a Rolling Stones tune.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-20 19:44 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 20, 2020 18:59

I’ve been watching his videos on-and-off for more than a few years, now. I learnt how to play Waiting on a Friend through his tutorial. He’s seemingly playing by ear, but he does a good job, admittedly. He closed his original channel due to abuse, I think. Glad he returned. He has impressive array of high-end guitars and t-shirts, for sure.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: August 20, 2020 19:34

You learn by watching and trying it on your guitar. He also has lessons.

Date: August 20, 2020 19:46

To each his own I guess. I just didn't think one would need a video to play it as simple as that.

Date: August 20, 2020 22:58

I dont play myself but love the breakdowns, gives me new insights on the stones brilliance

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: August 21, 2020 01:06

I’ve been subscribed to his channel for a long time now. Another good guy to follow is the Brian Jones Resource. He plays a lot of Brian’s parts that are obscure. He also isolates channels so you can hear things better. Stuff that is buried.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 21, 2020 04:12

Erik_Snow
TooTough
Example:

I don't see the point, he's omitting lotsa thing Keith was doing. IOW, this is a video of a guy playing to a Rolling Stones tune.

He has mentioned he does it for fun. Take it for what it is. He had a different name at one time Privetpicker something like that. He had to many critics and one person actually threatened his wife and himself. He wanted to start over. Not all videos are play alongs some are instructional.

Date: August 21, 2020 12:01

ovalvox
I’ve been subscribed to his channel for a long time now. Another good guy to follow is the Brian Jones Resource. He plays a lot of Brian’s parts that are obscure. He also isolates channels so you can hear things better. Stuff that is buried.
Came acros this one yesterday i think. It was the isolated paint it black version. Just so much new perspectives and insightsin the song. Love it.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 22, 2020 05:16

Cooltoplady
Erik_Snow
TooTough
Example:

He has mentioned he does it for fun. Take it for what it is. He had a different name at one time Privetpicker something like that. He had to many critics and one person actually threatened his wife and himself. He wanted to start over. Not all videos are play alongs some are instructional.

How sad is that, somebody doesn't like you trying to entertain others so threatens your family's life. Is he a premiere player? Maybe not but better than most amateurs and just trying to be helpful.

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: August 22, 2020 05:39

PaintMonkeyManBlack
ovalvox
Came acros this one yesterday i think. It was the isolated paint it black version. Just so much new perspectives and insightsin the song. Love it.

He does a nice job isolating parts of the song. Especially Brian’s parts. Plus he demonstrates Brian’s parts on guitar, dulcimer, recorder and keyboards. James James and The Brian Jones Resource are two of my favorite YouTube sites.

Date: August 22, 2020 05:46

I started playing guitar when I was 15 and that's when i started watching his channel. i'm 19 now and I still regularly watch and learn from him. Great channel all around with a good vibe.

Date: August 22, 2020 09:10

kovach
Cooltoplady
Erik_Snow
TooTough
Example:

How sad is that, somebody doesn't like you trying to entertain others so threatens your family's life. Is he a premiere player? Maybe not but better than most amateurs and just trying to be helpful.

Now look, I don't want to be put in place of the terrorists, it's just that I played Under My Thumb just like that clip when I was 12.

And another thing - people recieve threats because of everything, on the internet. I've recieved death-threats as well, it's laughable - at best. I just don't see why people go on talking about it, to get attention and to get pity, "I've been threatened bu-huuu"....like if they've been in the war. Almost bragging. Of course anonymous people will threat anybody - without any reason at all - on the internet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-22 11:06 by Erik_Snow.

Date: August 22, 2020 10:00

ovalvox
PaintMonkeyManBlack
ovalvox

He does a nice job isolating parts of the song. Especially Brian’s parts. Plus he demonstrates Brian’s parts on guitar, dulcimer, recorder and keyboards. James James and The Brian Jones Resource are two of my favorite YouTube sites.

"He" is our His Majesty smiling smiley

Date: August 22, 2020 19:17

Erik_Snow
kovach
Cooltoplady
Erik_Snow
TooTough
Example:

Now look, I don't want to be put in place of the terrorists, it's just that I played Under My Thumb just like that clip when I was 12.

And another thing - people recieve threats because of everything, on the internet. I've recieved death-threats as well, it's laughable - at best. I just don't see why people go on talking about it, to get attention and to get pity, "I've been threatened bu-huuu"....like if they've been in the war. Almost bragging. Of course anonymous people will threat anybody - without any reason at all - on the internet.
Erik, can you show videos of your stones covers? Thanks

Date: August 22, 2020 20:49

James James talks about his why he had to change his name from Privettricker. He talks about the haters and the threat to his wife.

Pretty sad about what you have to deal with. Right Eric?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-22 21:06 by Cooltoplady.

Date: August 23, 2020 09:03

Rocknroll1969
Erik_Snow
kovach
Cooltoplady
Erik_Snow
TooTough
Example:

Of course not. I'm no hooker. Thanks.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 23, 2020 14:10

Lots of haters probably because of his Duke shirts smoking smiley

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 23, 2020 15:30

James James is a tremendous player. His is most prolific! And he also leads the league in Stones' shirts - even though he has only seen them once in concert. He does a great service for the average (me) guitarist.

Date: August 23, 2020 16:46

Erik_Snow
Rocknroll1969
Erik_Snow
kovach
Cooltoplady
Erik_Snow
TooTough
Example:

Of course not. I'm no hooker. Thanks.

Maybe it’s cause of no talent

Date: August 23, 2020 17:30

Another video for Eric Snow he might be talking to you

Date: August 23, 2020 20:16

Please guys dont ruin this topic.

Date: August 23, 2020 20:41

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Please guys dont ruin this topic.

People here are defending James James and his videos which you posted. Whats wrong with that? Stick up for the guy you must like him.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2143
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home