Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: imagining the '83-'84 Undercover tour
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 20, 2012 09:23

June 14, 1984 Vienna Austria Wiener Stadthalle

well, did they support bob dylan, or did bob support them?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 20, 2012 11:21

Never happened. That's why Keith and Ronnie did their thing with Dylan in 1985, the Live Aid. The whole idea was Keiths: make one show with Dylan. Mick got to invite Elton now Keith wanted to invite Dylan.

Jagger changed his mind in the last minute and that's what really pissed Keith off. Remember what he said? "I kicked Elton off stage but that was different, he was invited for one song only and now Mick does this. I was ashamed but it's one of those things. Dylan and Jagger had a fight but he's just one of those guys you know. You cant tell what he thinks.".

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: April 20, 2012 13:59

Keith's usual two song mini set was replaced by an extended slow jam of Sleep Tonight in Kansas City where he reportedly left the stage and was seen at a lower level men's room taking a piss break himself. Arena security were left speechless when others stated the rocker had not washed his hands or flushed but instead stumbled out onto the concourse in search of the stage and demanding a whisky sour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 20, 2012 16:56

Honestman
treaclefingers

No sweat, I wasn't offended! Pour yourself a nice scotch or cognac and listen to Moonlight Mile...that'll settle you down!

Probably, but Am I supposed to settle down for your pleasure.
It's the second time that you try to give me some orders, and I'm kind of rebel
when so do you get me ?

That's funny Honestman...you had said you were in a foul temper, not me. I don't think I was giving you 'orders' for 'my pleasure', just trying to be nice actually, but your bad mood seems to continue.

Handle that however you'd like, no 'orders' from moi. smileys with beer

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: April 20, 2012 19:15

rogue
Keith's usual two song mini set was replaced by an extended slow jam of Sleep Tonight in Kansas City where he reportedly left the stage and was seen at a lower level men's room taking a piss break himself.

This may be the funniest thing I've ever read on this board! Bravo, rogue!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 20, 2012 23:56

Diehard fans complaining of too many warhorses and same setlist every show! Oh well, one last chance to see them now before they get too old and retire since they're now around 40 and getting too old to rock!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 21, 2012 03:49

KSIE
rogue
Keith's usual two song mini set was replaced by an extended slow jam of Sleep Tonight in Kansas City where he reportedly left the stage and was seen at a lower level men's room taking a piss break himself.

you're too rude

Date: April 21, 2012 04:40

KSIE
rogue

So he played Sleep Tonight on the Undercover tour before he wrote it for Dirty Work!? GENIUS!

Date: April 21, 2012 04:43

tumblingdice
straycatuk
Set List ;

Sympathy for the Devil
Undercover
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
She was Hot
Too Much Blood
Satisfaction
Beast of Burden
Wild Horses
All the way down
Have you seen your mother baby?
Gimme shelter
Bitch
Ruby Tuesday
Ain't too proud to beg
Wanna hold you -KR
Happy - KR
Miss you
Confessin' the blues
YCAGWYW
Start me up
HTW
IORR
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash

SC UK
Love that set list!!

Ruby Tuesday wasn't played ever on that tour. Must've misread the set list.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 21, 2012 04:52

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I've still to figure out how Undercover Of The Night is considered the "title track" when the LP title is Undercover!

Do you consider "It's Only Rock N Roll (But I Like It)" to be the title track of "It's Only Rock N Roll"?

Date: April 21, 2012 04:56

NoCode0680
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I've still to figure out how Undercover Of The Night is considered the "title track" when the LP title is Undercover!

Do you consider "It's Only Rock N Roll (But I Like It)" to be the title track of "It's Only Rock N Roll"?

Yes. The parenthese are just those. It's not Undercover (Of The Night).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 21, 2012 07:01

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
NoCode0680
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

YES! Just as in those three she songs.

She (Was Hot)
She ('s So Cold)
She (doobee)

...incidentally, all played during the Undercover (of the night) tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-21 07:02 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 21, 2012 08:28

Mick actually imagined (in a 1987 MUSICIAN MAGAZINE) what a mid-eighties tour would have been like:

MICK JAGGER: "I saw the last Who tour in Philadelphia...They did the tour for money, and they weren't getting on; they were hating each other, and it came across onstage. I was upset as a member of the audience. And then it was the end. It taught me a lesson. I didn't want to be in that situation of not getting on with people but being forced into this intensive situation of working and living together. If we had gone on tour and someone had said, `Is this the last time?' we probably would have said, `Yeah!'"

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 21, 2012 09:18

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
NoCode0680
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Whether or not the parentheses mean it can be thrown out or not I don't know. I just meant that the title track from IORR is different, so I think we can let Undercover slide. They probably thought Undercover Of The Night was too long, so shortened it to Undercover. Just like the bracketed titles of IORR was probably too long. Doesn't stop it from being the title track.

Date: April 21, 2012 09:27

Title5Take1
Mick actually imagined (in a 1987 MUSICIAN MAGAZINE) what a mid-eighties tour would have been like:

MICK JAGGER: "I saw the last Who tour in Philadelphia...They did the tour for money, and they weren't getting on; they were hating each other, and it came across onstage. I was upset as a member of the audience. And then it was the end. It taught me a lesson. I didn't want to be in that situation of not getting on with people but being forced into this intensive situation of working and living together. If we had gone on tour and someone had said, `Is this the last time?' we probably would have said, `Yeah!'"

Funny how he projected the future for The Rolling Stones...

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 21, 2012 23:36

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
tumblingdice
straycatuk
Set List ;

Sympathy for the Devil
Undercover
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
She was Hot
Too Much Blood
Satisfaction
Beast of Burden
Wild Horses
All the way down
Gimme shelter
Bitch
Ruby Tuesday
Ain't too proud to beg
Wanna hold you -KR
Happy - KR
Miss you
Confessin' the blues
YCAGWYW
Start me up
HTW
IORR
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash

SC UK
Love that set list!!

You are correct...it was apparently rehearsed, but never played.

And "Confessin' The Blues" was only performed at the first three shows before being dropped...Mick didn't think it was going over very well for some reason. What a shame since it featured Stu...on what turned out to be his final tour.

Date: April 21, 2012 23:38

NoCode0680
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
NoCode0680
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Whether or not the parentheses mean it can be thrown out or not I don't know. I just meant that the title track from IORR is different, so I think we can let Undercover slide. They probably thought Undercover Of The Night was too long, so shortened it to Undercover. Just like the bracketed titles of IORR was probably too long. Doesn't stop it from being the title track.

But the song is Undercover Of The Night, the LP is Undercover. Not the same.

Date: April 21, 2012 23:40

Jah Paul
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
tumblingdice
straycatuk
Set List ;

Sympathy for the Devil
Undercover
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
She was Hot
Too Much Blood
Satisfaction
Beast of Burden
Wild Horses
All the way down
Gimme shelter
Bitch
Ruby Tuesday
Ain't too proud to beg
Wanna hold you -KR
Happy - KR
Miss you
Confessin' the blues
YCAGWYW
Start me up
HTW
IORR
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash

SC UK
Love that set list!!

And "Confessin' The Blues" was only performed at the first three shows before being dropped...Mick didn't think it was going over very well for some reason. What a shame since it featured Stu...on what turned out to be his final tour.

Didn't they work on what would become Highwire on that tour during sound checks but Keith kept saying it was imitation Stones and that it would never make it to even a studio? Funny that Mick dropped Confessin' The Blues seeing that he relies on the past instead of recent/new tracks to play live to show that they are a on-going evlolving band etc...

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 21, 2012 23:51

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Jah Paul
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
tumblingdice
straycatuk
SC UK
Love that set list!!

Didn't they work on what would become Highwire on that tour during sound checks but Keith kept saying it was imitation Stones and that it would never make it to even a studio? Funny that Mick dropped Confessin' The Blues seeing that he relies on the past instead of recent/new tracks to play live to show that they are a on-going evlolving band etc...

I've heard the Highwire story, but am not sure if it's true - sounds plausible, though...especially Keith's take on it!

From what I've read, Mick felt Confessin' The Blues was "too slow" for the crowd. I would have loved hearing it in person, but by the time they got to Los Angeles, it was long gone from the set.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1468
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home