Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi-OT - Stevie Wonder's 'I Don't Know Why'
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: April 18, 2012 20:06

this been posted? i could not find it - interesting

Re: Semi-OT - Stevie Wonder's 'I Don't Know Why'
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 18, 2012 20:42

Beautiful song !

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 18, 2012 21:37

As far as the Stevie Wonder songbook is concerned, I've always felt that this was a real dud. Lyrics are a bummer, and even musically it just goes nowhere.

Taylor's guitar breaks on the Stones cover add a lot of dynamics that improve upon Stevie's original, but in any case the Stones didn't have a lot to work with and even with them the song falls short.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-18 23:20 by loog droog.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: April 19, 2012 00:13

loog droog
As far as the Stevie Wonder songbook is concerned, I've always felt that this was a real dud. Lyrics are a bummer, and even musically it just goes nowhere.

Taylor's guitar breaks on the Stones cover add a lot of dynamics that improve upon Stevie's original, but in any case the Stones didn't have a lot to work with and even with them the song falls short.

Well said, and have to admit I agree. It almost sounds like an unfinished song, like the beginning idea/basis for a tune.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 19, 2012 00:21

great voice, blows MJ away, yet I prefer MJ's vocal, and of course, the Stones rendition.

The music was really thin in that clip....sounded very unfinished.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 19, 2012 00:34

Thanks HB...surprisingly never heard SW do this. I knew it was a SW song just never thought to look for it.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 19, 2012 00:47

What's the name of the mechanism that gives the rhythm guitar its "quivery" effect in the Stones' cover? I love it. (Most noticeable at the start.)

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 19, 2012 03:54

hbwriter
this been posted? i could not find it - interesting

What a @#$%&' voice!!!

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 19, 2012 04:22

Title5Take1
What's the name of the mechanism that gives the rhythm guitar its "quivery" effect in the Stones' cover? I love it. (Most noticeable at the start.)
there is a tremolo effect on Keith's guitar in the Stones version of this song

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2012 12:38

I've always liked Stevie Wonder's original...one of those brilliant hidden gems amidst all of his known hits.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 19, 2012 12:45

KSIE
loog droog

Well said, and have to admit I agree. It almost sounds like an unfinished song, like the beginning idea/basis for a tune.

Well, it is unfinished, and the released version is edited 'together'. Taylor's two guitar breaks are identical: after the stop the lead break is spliced in, and what you hear is a copy of the second verse. The Stones stopped playing and recording just on the break.

Mathijs

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: April 19, 2012 14:37

Mathijs
KSIE
loog droog

IWell, it is unfinished, and the released version is edited 'together'. Taylor's two guitar breaks are identical: after the stop the lead break is spliced in, and what you hear is a copy of the second verse. The Stones stopped playing and recording just on the break.

Mathijs

I was talking about Stevie's original, (which I didn't make clear), but your comments are informed and interesting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1594
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home