Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tokyo Dome 1990 Vault Release
Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: August 9, 2020 17:39

For this vault release, early issues suffered from reverse left and right channels on the CD's. (Not sure about the DVD's as well)

Was this problem ever fixed if one was to re-buy the title from Amazon now. ???

SFTD

Re: Tokyo Dome 1990 Vault Release
Date: August 9, 2020 18:47

SFTD
For this vault release, early issues suffered from reverse left and right channels on the CD's. (Not sure about the DVD's as well)

SFTD

Yes

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 10, 2020 01:00

DandelionPowderman
SFTD

SFTD

Yes
Do you mean 2CD/DVD and 2CD/Bluray boxes were recalled from the shops and CDs were replaced?

Because those that I saw in local FNAC shops were in original shrink wraps with hype stickers and price tags from October 2015. I.e. they sell original editions with channels swapped till 2017 or 2018.

Date: August 10, 2020 02:50

That's exactly what I'm worrying about that the only way you would know what your buying is imprinted on the actual CD's. (matrix numbers)

In that case I would be stuck with the same two defaulty CD's with switched channels.

If I were to re-buy the Toyko Dome on DVD / 2CD or Blu-ray / 2CD today in 2020, I 'm afraid I wouldn't get the proper discs.

SFTD

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 10, 2020 23:19

If my memory is any good, I believe they were never recalled or replaced at the shops. The only thing you could do, when you had bought them, is contact someone from the record company and ask for replacement discs, which I got for the cd's, but I never heard anything when I also tried this for the Lp's.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 11, 2020 00:45

Do you mean to contact the record company and tell them the disks are defective because the channels are supposedly switched (meaning, I guess, that Keith is on the left and Ronnie on the right?), and you want a replacement with it the opposite?

But along the way the record company did actually acknowledge that they messed up and remastered it correctly? Or was it just issued again and strangely the channels were now properly situated?

And now you want one of the proper ones, and are willing to buy it again if it can be certain you will get the "proper" one?

OK so if all that is true, I think if you order from Amazon you will get the most current version. If you buy it somewhere like you mentioned where it has been sitting on a shelf, even a virtual shelf, for a long time, then who knows...could be the new one, could be the old one. But Amazon turns over so much stock that if you are buying from them (not necessarily third party sellers though), its pretty sure you will get the new version. And if you don't, they do have the money back guarantee thing, so you could just return it.

I am just not so sure about contacting a record company and attempting to persuade whomever might answer the phone that a record is "defective" because guitar A is on the left and guitar B is on the right when in actuality it "should" be the other way around. Just seems like they are going to brush that off, but maybe you would get someone who understands...most would just say "hey thats the way it is", I would bet. And Lord help you if you are trying to communicate with a Japanese record company about it.

If this is all beside the point, just ignore it, but seems kind of interesting to me.

jb

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 11, 2020 01:02

No and sorry for my bad English, it was different.

Someone here on this site had contacted someone from the recordcompany about the discs with the switched channels and gave that mailadres here on this site, so everyone who had bought the cd's etc. could contact him and ask for replacement discs. You had to make a photo (I think) of your proof of purchase. That was the only way to get the right discs.

Unfortunately I didn't got an answere when I tried this again for the Lp version, because I probably waited to long.

But I never heard that in shops the discs were replaced for good ones, so if they still have the original ones in seal, it are probably the ones with wrong discs.

I also bought the expensive WARD boxset and this was delayed, because of the channel switch and that was fixed before it was sent to the buyers.
That's what I can tell you and what I know about it.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 11, 2020 01:07

Oh OK, I see what you mean. Yeah sounds like maybe you waited too long for the swap offer. I think I would just trust Amazon unless you are in a shop and can check the actual matrix numbers then.

jb

Date: August 11, 2020 02:19

I was hoping that somebody had purchased this DVD / 2CD vault release from Amazon very recently.

SFTD

Date: August 11, 2020 03:15

I remember the situation very well.
The channels swap was obvious because DVD came with correct placement of the guitars. While for CDs and LPs the channels were reversed. Our own UrbanSteel contacted Eagle Rock with this issue, they acknowledge the bug and offered replacements for CDs. He announced the solution here and on Stones Info Group FB page. The procedure was straightforward. Contact Eagle Rock via email or their FB page, present a proof of purchase and they will ship you replacement CDs. In my case they answered within 24 hours and I got replacement within a week.

On the other hand I am positive that I never saw something that looks like new stock in the record shops. Those that I checked had price tag from October 2015 and were sitting on the shelves sealed till 2017 or 2018. Well, I am not sure about the date I saw these combos in the stores the last time. Two years ago for sure. I believe there was no restocking in our woods.

PS. I do not think you can check for matrix numbers in store like FNAC or MediaMarkt if the item is sealed. Used record stores is different story.

Date: August 11, 2020 15:37

I want to thank everyone who has contributed comments on this issue.

SFTD

Date: August 11, 2020 16:13

ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
SFTD

SFTD

Yes
Do you mean 2CD/DVD and 2CD/Bluray boxes were recalled from the shops and CDs were replaced?

Because those that I saw in local FNAC shops were in original shrink wraps with hype stickers and price tags from October 2015. I.e. they sell original editions with channels swapped till 2017 or 2018.

Several people here sent in their flawed copies to Eagle Rock and reported that they (after a while) got corrected albums back, right?

I didn't bother doing that myself (for the Vinyl/DVD-set), as the DVD had Keith in the right channel, and I normally use my DVD-player for CDs as well.

I didn't notice "Amazon" in the opening post in this thread smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-11 16:16 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 11, 2020 16:14

GJV
If my memory is any good, I believe they were never recalled or replaced at the shops. The only thing you could do, when you had bought them, is contact someone from the record company and ask for replacement discs, which I got for the cd's, but I never heard anything when I also tried this for the Lp's.

They did that for the vinyl albums as well, if memory serves.

Date: August 11, 2020 17:58

DandelionPowderman
GJV

They did that for the vinyl albums as well, if memory serves.
Yes, Eagle rock offered replacement for LPs. But it was delayed as they were not able to arrange pressing facilities on a short notice. It seems that LP replacement program was not that extensive too.

BTW. Tokyo Dome 1990 2CD/DVD is still available
[www.jpc.de]
And it is definitively almost half priced comparing to other 2CD/DVD combos from the Vault series. Those are 21.99 € while Tokyo only 12.99 €.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 11, 2020 18:03

I think this was shown on VHTV multiple times. Mixed Emotions is really good ... darkly filmed .. overall not bad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home