Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Will there be Emotional Rescue deluxe?
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 30, 2020 23:07

As the title suggests ... does anyone know if a deluxe version of ER is planned?
Beyond that, what each of us thinks of the album itself, I personally have no problem saying that in my opinion it is one of the best Stones albums, but I understand that not everyone can agree, however what came out of those sessions, it seems to me in Paris, it's a huge amount of material, far from waste, there is a lot of fantastic stuff between covers and original pieces, available on bootleg.
In my opinion it would be really fantastic
For example...
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Will there be Emotional Rescue deluxe?
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: July 31, 2020 01:13

Well, I for one would like to see it and here's why - I think the Some Girls - Emotional Rescue - Tattoo You period was a great one and not only for the three great albums it produced but during that 3-4 year period there is just a wealth of very good outtakes. I was a little disappointed with the Some Girls deluxe because they left off some great outtakes, but perhaps they were holding a few for an Emotional Rescue or Tattoo You package - let's hope so.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 31, 2020 02:55

Yes, while the ER album itself isn't considered anywhere their greatest (there are a few great songs though), there seems to be plenty of leftovers, outtakes, etc. from the era that could make a great Deluxe set.
If they can dredge up a tune that was recorded two yrs. after GHS, featured only one band member (and the rest outside musicans), added vocals 46 yrs. later, call it the Stones, and curiously add it to GHS Deluxe....
well they wouldn't have to go to any of those weird extremes for an ER Deluxe set as there's plenty that's already complete or near complete - even the instrumental to Dance could fit well on there.
Hope it happens...thumbs up

Date: July 31, 2020 03:31

I would like to see this come out as well and I think there are some pretty good "leftovers" on the album.

Aren't there a couple of versions of Dance I think I have an EP with two versions and they are different from the album version. Maybe one of them is on Sucking in the 70's.

Also isn't there an extended version of "Where the Boys All Go" out there somewhere? I think I have heard this being talked about on here before.

I'd really like to hear an alternate version of She's So Cold or an instrumental of Down in the Hole.

We can hope but I doubt we'll get it since they just released a remaster but then again if the remaster sells they may do a second deluxe version so we have to buy it again.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: July 31, 2020 04:05

I have a feeling we'll get an ER reissue at some point. Something inside is telling me we'll get a TATTOO YOU reissue first though. Obviously the bonus material on that one would consist of early/alternate versions of album tracks. Universal must have these planned WAY ahead in advance. The ones I think will get reissues for are everything up until TATTOO YOU:

IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N ROLL
BLACK AND BLUE
EMOTIONAL RESCUE
TATTOO YOU

I just can't see reissues of UNDERCOVER or DIRTY WORK ever including the latter day albums lol

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 31, 2020 04:09

I am waiting for Love You Live with complete (2?) night performances at El Mocambo, and a DVD of at least one of the shows too.

Sure...

jb

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 31, 2020 04:47

Plenty to put on an ER deluxe!

From the Los Angeles 1978 sessions, where somehow Tallahassee Lassie ended up on the SG deluxe and two tunes were worked on that made ER there is a bevy of covers and the fantastic Not The Way To Go.

1979 Nassau sessions gave us I Think I'm Going Mad, the title track was apparently started there, as well as Little T&A and She's So Cold among a decent amount of unreleased tracks.

The third session was in Paris and that's where a bulk of ER and the its TY tracks were done, with the fourth session being overdubbing, editing and mixing in NYC in the fall and winter of 1979 and possibly into 1980.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 31, 2020 05:14

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 31, 2020 05:43

Why? ER was bad enough the first time....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 31, 2020 11:03

YEAH ... do it .... do it ...do it ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: exil ()
Date: July 31, 2020 11:25

HA HA .Classic

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 31, 2020 13:36

I of course would love and demand it as there is a lot of awesome material from the last fertile period where they were all working together as a complete unit and making music that we love so much .

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 31, 2020 15:09

I certainly hope so, it's a helluvan album! Easily the best produced in their catalogue and with 10 top tunes. Just imagine the bonus disc....smileys with beer

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 31, 2020 17:06

JordyLicks96
I have a feeling we'll get an ER reissue at some point. Something inside is telling me we'll get a TATTOO YOU reissue first though.

TY is imo the sole candidate left for a reissue [from the 73-83 era].

But a VL expanded re-release might be a good surprise (one day). I don't think it'll ever happen as it would be a double-edged sword for the band = it would prove that in 1993 they had more than decent raw material but they opted to work on the wrong demos, hence the so-so quality of the final album.

("Sparks Will Fly" "New Faces" "Moon Is Up" "Sweethearts Together" "Suck on the Jugular" "Blinded by Rainbows""Baby Break It Down" are among their worst songs ever).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-31 17:47 by dcba.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 31, 2020 17:08

I wonder if anybody that actually did hang up the poster that came with the Emotional Rescue LP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-31 17:15 by Erik_Snow.

Date: July 31, 2020 18:16

dcba
JordyLicks96
I have a feeling we'll get an ER reissue at some point. Something inside is telling me we'll get a TATTOO YOU reissue first though.

TY is imo the sole candidate left for a reissue.

But a VL expanded re-release might be a good surprise (one day). I don't think it'll ever happen as it would be a double-edged sword for the band = it would prove that in 1993 they had more than decent raw material but they opted to work on the wrong demos, hence the so-so quality of the final album.

("Sparks Will Fly" "New Faces" "Moon Is Up" "Sweethearts Together" "Suck on the Jugular" "Blinded by Rainbows""Baby Break It Down" are among their worst songs ever).

Gazza has pointed this out and it is completely correct - how could one release a deluxe album of an album consisting 100% of leftovers? The only thing I can think of is the rest of the songs that were chosen to be worked on - if there were any more. There's never been anything revealed other than what was done for TATTOO YOU.

Chris Kimsey said he spent 3 months going through songs. Mixing of ER was done in late April so maybe he started shortly after that. ER came out in June. Mick and Keith reportedly got together to listen to SG and ER leftovers in September. By the second week of October Mick was recording vocals with Kimsey in Paris.

It's very likely that Kimsey had more than the 11 songs pulled but nothing else was worked on. Maybe more than 11 were worked on and they managed to keep that quiet. Guessing on how much work Mick had to do for those tracks, other tracks, based on bootlegs, anyway, that may've been included that needed that kind of work might be Not The Way To Go, Fiji Gin, Misty Roads, I Think I'm Going Mad, It's A Lie, What Gives You The Right, Fiji Gin (or Jim), Guess I Should Know, I Need You, Munich Hilton...

And that's just some from the SG and ER sessions.

Regaring those VOODOO LOUNGE tracks...

I agree that some of those are among their worst ever but are by far not in say the Top 10 Worst Stones Songs.

What they did accomplish by having those songs, with one of them being beyond boring by the numbers, was the difference from the previous few albums, especially STEEL WHEELS.

Having heard what they elected to leave off or not finish compared to a decent amount of what made the album, VOODOO could've been much better - and shorter.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 31, 2020 18:30

GasLightStreet
Plenty to put on an ER deluxe!

From the Los Angeles 1978 sessions, where somehow Tallahassee Lassie ended up on the SG deluxe and two tunes were worked on that made ER there is a bevy of covers and the fantastic Not The Way To Go.

1979 Nassau sessions gave us I Think I'm Going Mad, the title track was apparently started there, as well as Little T&A and She's So Cold among a decent amount of unreleased tracks.

The third session was in Paris and that's where a bulk of ER and the its TY tracks were done, with the fourth session being overdubbing, editing and mixing in NYC in the fall and winter of 1979 and possibly into 1980.

thumbs up
I really like it!!!
[youtu.be]

Posted by: agureggae07 ()
Date: July 31, 2020 18:44

Whats the Matter is this ER sessions, Love this song

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: July 31, 2020 18:52

Erik_Snow
I wonder if anybody that actually did hang up the poster that came with the Emotional Rescue LP

I did, for a while, along with my Larry Bird poster. But neither compared to my Christie Brinkley poster!

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 31, 2020 18:59

GasLightStreet
dcba
JordyLicks96

TY is imo the sole candidate left for a reissue.

Gazza has pointed this out and it is completely correct - how could one release a deluxe album of an album consisting 100% of leftovers? The only thing I can think of is the rest of the songs that were chosen to be worked on - if there were any more. There's never been anything revealed other than what was done for TATTOO YOU.

Chris Kimsey said he spent 3 months going through songs. Mixing of ER was done in late April so maybe he started shortly after that. ER came out in June. Mick and Keith reportedly got together to listen to SG and ER leftovers in September. By the second week of October Mick was recording vocals with Kimsey in Paris.

It's very likely that Kimsey had more than the 11 songs pulled but nothing else was worked on. Maybe more than 11 were worked on and they managed to keep that quiet. Guessing on how much work Mick had to do for those tracks, other tracks, based on bootlegs, anyway, that may've been included that needed that kind of work might be Not The Way To Go, Fiji Gin, Misty Roads, I Think I'm Going Mad, It's A Lie, What Gives You The Right, Fiji Gin (or Jim), Guess I Should Know, I Need You, Munich Hilton...

And that's just some from the SG and ER sessions.

Regaring those VOODOO LOUNGE tracks...

I agree that some of those are among their worst ever but are by far not in say the Top 10 Worst Stones Songs.

What they did accomplish by having those songs, with one of them being beyond boring by the numbers, was the difference from the previous few albums, especially STEEL WHEELS.

Having heard what they elected to leave off or not finish compared to a decent amount of what made the album, VOODOO could've been much better - and shorter.

I read an interview in which Kimsey said he went through the tapes and chose around 20-25 tracks for possible use on Tattoo You and let the Stones pick from those. However, as far as I know the list of possible songs has not been released and some from the list might have already been used on the previous deluxe editions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-31 19:01 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: July 31, 2020 19:23

Erik_Snow
I did.

Date: July 31, 2020 19:25

Testify
As the title suggests ... does anyone know if a deluxe version of ER is planned?
Beyond that, what each of us thinks of the album itself, I personally have no problem saying that in my opinion it is one of the best Stones albums, but I understand that not everyone can agree, however what came out of those sessions, it seems to me in Paris, it's a huge amount of material, far from waste, there is a lot of fantastic stuff between covers and original pieces, available on bootleg.
In my opinion it would be really fantastic
For example...
[www.youtube.com]
Evidently this would be easier than releasing a completely new album...

Date: July 31, 2020 19:29

The heaving going on in this one. Nice chugger, has an element that they pursued with She Was Hot and maybe a few other UNDERCOVER sessions tracks. It would obviously be trimmed down a bit.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 31, 2020 19:34

iraq0708
Erik_Snow
I did.

You and ChrisL are cooler than me. I've only held it up once or twice, and chuckled.

Date: July 31, 2020 20:05

I put it back in the sleeve years ago --pinholes and all..and just looked at it the other day...my wife asked "What the hell is THAT??!!"....LOL!

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: July 31, 2020 21:25

dcba
JordyLicks96

TY is imo the sole candidate left for a reissue [from the 73-83 era].

I have always loved VL and particularly Baby Break It Down but hey-ho it's all down to personal taste.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: July 31, 2020 21:30

iraq0708
Erik_Snow
I did.

I did too.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: July 31, 2020 21:39

Yes, of corse: we’ll get all the albums snd Emotional Rescue, too.
It’s just a Matteo of time & money

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 31, 2020 21:45

I would have but those Hustler pin-ups
were already covering most of the cracks in the walls ...

ROCKMAN

Date: July 31, 2020 22:46

Rockman
I would have but those Hustler pin-ups
were already covering most of the cracks in the walls ...
Heeheehee..LOTS of cracks I imagine, eh?!

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home