Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ACHTUNG BABY (Stones content)
Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: April 15, 2012 23:36

Last Friday I joined some friends to see “Achtung Baby“, here in Germany a relatively well known U2-cover band. The gig was in Bonn, former capital city.

I have to admit, these four guys did a great job. Although the concert hall wasn´t packed, the show was entertaining. I had some room to dance while still feeling energetic vibe of the crowd. And I was really impressed by the cool U2-bass-sound. A very enjoyable evening!

The band played more than 2 hours, some lesser known songs and of course the biggest hits.

As an encore, they did “Bad“, Live Aid Version (I was a 21 year old student when I watched in on German tv).

But then the magic moment appeared: in the quiet part of the song the singer sang the chorus of RUBY TUESDAY, like Bono did in 1985. Right at that moment, I felt my energy and vibrations increase dramatically. Hard to describe.

Then: Pleased to meet you - Hope you guess my name!

I lost control, a burst of energy, for a few soconds I danced like a maniac. And it felt like being home. Again: hard to describe.

That brief moment made me realize, what the Stones have given to the world of music. And to me: the soundtrack of my life!

And it made me think about that foolish discussion about the question "Will they tour or won´t they?“ To be honest, it makes me sick. If they´ll tour – great! If they won´t – I´m fine with it.

For me, the Stones haven´t got anything to do with celebrating birthdays; that 50-years-thing is the least important thing in their history. Even if they are old and mature men now, the Rolling Stones are symbols of rebellion and ignoring authorities.

If they ignore their fan´s wishes – I´m fine with it.

Priest

Re: ACHTUNG BABY (Stones content)
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 16, 2012 00:24

When U2 pulled that Ruby Tuesday/ Sympathy sequence during 'Bad' back in the 80's I had that same emotional response, VP. I had always been such a huge Stones fan as a kid, and at the time U2 were definitely my favorite contemporary band. Glad you enjoyed Achtung Baby... Sounds like a fun time!

Re: ACHTUNG BABY (Stones content)
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 16, 2012 06:15

First time I saw that was on tv during the Live Aid event in '85.

I exhibited similar symptoms to the both of you. My only excuse was that I was quite young (although I'm sure I'd be sucked in again!).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home