Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jimmy Page on playing on "One Hit To The Body"
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:44

He doesn´t even know the name of the song...drinking smiley

Re: Jimmy Page on playing on "One Hit To The Body"
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:49

THAT is hilarious! Two guys from the David Letterman show were there... he doesn't know names of anything except Ronnie, Keith and Mick!

Did he say that Ronnie and Keith were doing a solo album or was it Stones album? I bloody can't fooking tell, mannn.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 8, 2020 23:01

I wonder when it's time for the Dirty Work reissue? 2024?

Date: July 8, 2020 23:03

Stoneage

Can I just give them back all of my copies and get my money back?

Date: July 8, 2020 23:20

Great find, thanks!

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 8, 2020 23:20

As far as I know Jimmy used a b-bender guitar for playing his solo . He had a Tele and even a Les Paul b-bender. Makes me think if Ronnie got the inspiration by that session for using a b-Bender on his own (ESP model) .

Tom

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 8, 2020 23:47

How to identify the Page outtake?
In the Weißbuch it says "overdubs" (version IV?).
But which parts especially?
The lyrics are still not finished on that version.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: July 9, 2020 02:38

Stoneage
I actually would love a Dirty Work Remix without the 80s Brickwalling sound. It would dramatically improve it

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 9, 2020 02:54

This are the reasons I hate the 80's. Shitty cars, stupid cloths, videos taking over music, keyboards replacing guitars bad food, bad politics, I started losing my hair, Dirty Work, my first dog died, and interviews like this.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 03:21

"(Jimmy Page) rang me at the studio one night and said, How's it going? Do you mind if I come and hear how the album's going? I said, no, I didn't mind. He's a very shy guy. After he'd done that overdub on One Hit, he left the studio saying, I'm sorry, man, I'm sorry. I said, Don't apologize... you did all right!"

- Ron Wood, 1986

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 9, 2020 11:34

[youtu.be]

One Hit To The Body, thought this worked really well live, Ronnie and Keith doing a good Job without Jimmys help.

Love one of the comments here, on their worst day other Stones are still better than anyone else.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 11:43 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 9, 2020 16:56

all the more reason not to listen to that record.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:53

thumbs up THANKS

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 10, 2020 08:45

More Hot Rocks
This are the reasons I hate the 80's. Shitty cars, stupid cloths, videos taking over music, keyboards replacing guitars bad food, bad politics, I started losing my hair, Dirty Work, my first dog died, and interviews like this.

Thanks man, that was my laugh today. Though you're damn right!

Date: July 10, 2020 10:26

Page was in the stratosphere.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 10, 2020 13:51

Okay yesterday there was news about Jimmy Page famous 1960 Gibson Les Paul Custom ( that was part of the Met Collection ) with how it was ripped off after a show in 1970 in the Twin Cities and being returned to Jimmy through a contact in the Stones organization . So the news that blew my mind away was that it was Mr. Page that played the James Bond them on the Ebony Les Paul Custom fitted with the Bigsby triple pickup model . Which with the triple pickup PAF model you could get the out of phase twangy single coil type sound . I always thought it was played on a Fender guitar as it sounds so twangy and countrish .Mystery solved for me !

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 11, 2020 12:35

TheGreek
Okay yesterday there was news about Jimmy Page famous 1960 Gibson Les Paul Custom ( that was part of the Met Collection ) with how it was ripped off after a show in 1970 in the Twin Cities and being returned to Jimmy through a contact in the Stones organization . So the news that blew my mind away was that it was Mr. Page that played the James Bond them on the Ebony Les Paul Custom fitted with the Bigsby triple pickup model . Which with the triple pickup PAF model you could get the out of phase twangy single coil type sound . I always thought it was played on a Fender guitar as it sounds so twangy and countrish .Mystery solved for me !

It’s Vik Flick who performs the James Bond theme.

Jimmy is featured on Shirley Bassey’s Goldfinger, though.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 11, 2020 13:21

JordyLicks96
"(Jimmy Page) rang me at the studio one night and said, How's it going? Do you mind if I come and hear how the album's going? I said, no, I didn't mind. He's a very shy guy. After he'd done that overdub on One Hit, he left the studio saying, I'm sorry, man, I'm sorry. I said, Don't apologize... you did all right!"

- Ron Wood, 1986

Then Page quickly regained his spirits and - for years - he publicly moaned he never got paid for his contribution to the DW album! grinning smiley

Date: July 11, 2020 22:47

dcba
JordyLicks96

- Ron Wood, 1986

Then Page quickly regained his spirits and - for years - he publicly moaned he never got paid for his contribution to the DW album! grinning smiley

Because it didn't sell.

Date: July 11, 2020 23:05

Okay, here it is. For all DW fans, One Hit To The Body,
studio- and live version. Enjoy!

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 13, 2020 02:07

GasLightStreet
dcba
JordyLicks96

- Ron Wood, 1986

Because it didn't sell.

Sales has nothing to do with guest’s studio wages It’s a flat fee depending on the artist

Date: July 13, 2020 06:05

Cooltoplady
GasLightStreet
dcba
JordyLicks96

- Ron Wood, 1986

Because it didn't sell.

Sales has nothing to do with guest’s studio wages It’s a flat fee depending on the artist

LOL I know.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: July 13, 2020 12:29

Oh good, A Dirty Work thread.

Things are looking up!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 13, 2020 13:15

Big Al
TheGreek

It’s Vik Flick who performs the James Bond theme.

Jimmy is featured on Shirley Bassey’s Goldfinger, though.
I stand corrected

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 13, 2020 15:39

GasLightStreet
dcba
JordyLicks96

- Ron Wood, 1986

Because it didn't sell.

or maybe because not only Jimmy Page, but also Keith and Ronnie can't remember anything about who did what in the guitarsection of that track. So they just included Jimmy Page's name as a gesture on the musician-sheet. And...probably nobody in the band even listened to the album when finished - so it's in the blue for them if Jimmy is even ON the record

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 13, 2020 17:11

Erik_Snow

maybe because not only Jimmy Page, but also Keith and Ronnie can't remember anything about who did what in the guitarsection of that track. So they just included Jimmy Page's name as a gesture on the musician-sheet. And...probably nobody in the band even listened to the album when finished - so it's in the blue for them if Jimmy is even ON the record

You're probably 100% right!
I was "studying" the 1986 band timeline on zentgraf's site and I was shocked at how everyone moved to other things right after DW was released.
The album was released on March 24 and after a fake press campaign ("yeah recording the album was a breeze lads!") Mick did some solo sessions, CW did some jazz gigs, and Keith (cautiously?) approached Chuck Berry to start the "HH R&Roll" movie : he joined him onstage in Chicago in June.

Basically no one was giving a @hit about the still-born DW.

Date: July 13, 2020 17:22

I seem to remember DW was the last album on a record deal. I guess the key thing was to just get it done. In order to move on to another deal. Or go solo, or whatever their plan was at that time...

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 13, 2020 19:23

GasLightStreet
dcba
JordyLicks96

- Ron Wood, 1986

Because it didn't sell.

The album spent 2 months in the US Top 10 and over 6 months in the charts, it sold 4 million copies worldwide, not bad at all without a tour behind it.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 13, 2020 19:26

Stoneage
I seem to remember DW was the last album on a record deal. I guess the key thing was to just get it done. In order to move on to another deal. Or go solo, or whatever their plan was at that time...

It was the first album of the new CBS deal, or the second one if we count She's The Boss, both were from the same deal of 4 studio albums/Mick's solo albums.

Their last album from the old deal was Rewind.

Date: July 13, 2020 20:38

georgelicks
GasLightStreet
dcba
JordyLicks96

- Ron Wood, 1986

Because it didn't sell.

The album spent 2 months in the US Top 10 and over 6 months in the charts, it sold 4 million copies worldwide, not bad at all without a tour behind it.

I was being a tiny bit facetious. DIRTY WORK sold amazingly well. If they hadn't released Harlem Shuffle first it might've been a bit different.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home