Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: The Last Time
Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: November 22, 2014 13:26

treaclefingers

because the song was originally recorded in the 50s by the Staple Singers or something like that. Apologies, going from a fading memory.

Isn't that just part of the chorus?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 22, 2014 13:52

Naturalust
Redhotcarpet
fuzzbox
OzHeavyThrobber
He put that riff to an existing piece of music. The song already existed without it.

How do we know this?

Even Keith says Brian did it and of course it's Brian. Had Keith even been close to anything remotely close to the riff he'd mention it in every interview, likely in form of a story: I was riding a bike when I suddenly saw a bird (a girl) and then it hit me, she is a real bluebird and I fell from the bike. I passed out and when I woke up I had the riff, that gliding sensual riff. The girl was Bridget Bardot and Keith had a brief but very hot fling with her in 1964. "

lmfao. You are probably right and your story is hilarious. peace

>grinning smiley< smileys with beer

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 23, 2015 02:07

One of the first Stones tracks I ever heard, on the Get Stoned compilation.

I only recently discovered the excellent live version on No Security.

Works well early on in the set, as shown at the second O2 show in 2012. As with many songs that are played infrequently or appear to have been dropped altogether, I wonder if this will ever be played live by the Stones again.

I've a feeling it will.

Olly.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: October 15, 2021 18:12

Firstly I really like the song. Always enjoyed the guitars. I have a question though, is it always so trebly or is it just the mastering?? What would be the best compilation or album to listen to it on re: the mastering or recording??

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1574
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home