Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Ronnie: Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 19, 2012 03:32

melillo
so what is mick going to say when ronnies claim turns out to be right? homina homina

he's going to say, see, it was (mostly or all) next month, not this one...

always an out.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: April 19, 2012 17:36

SharksWillCry
coyboytoast
and the front row filled with perfume soaked old hags and their smiling grandchildren...Keith smoking and posing and his lapdog Ronnie...posing...this is who the good seats go to???...all corporate nonsense..

The field was gen. admin as far as I could tell. Were there seats in the front? How did those old hags manage to drag those smiling grandchildren past my blanket without me smelling their perfume?

i was referring specifically to the segment where they are basically miming to "Under My THumb" and that movable stage goes through the crowd...the camera keeps getting closeups of people and their kids that would NEVER had been at a Stones show before they went "Vegas"....if you had a blanket you were standing on it...and probably the only thing you smell at these shows these days is Jean Nate' and the ink off of the $75 t-shirt...

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: April 19, 2012 20:08

James Kirk
Cocaine Eyes
My take is that the Stones are simply being quiet about it all - and please, this constant talk about Mick and Keith still holding grudges/being upset with each other is getting old.

They've both put up with enough over the years to get over anything now.

smoking smiley

Agreed

There is nothing to the Mick wont tour w/Keith nonsense. Anybody who knows anything about the Stones knows that there is far too much $ on the table to let yet another Keith/Mick argument get in the way. They are just keeping their plans quiet until they get the best financial deals they can...All signs are clearly starting to point Stones activity is the very near future.

1/ Bill Wyman publicly saying they want him back for a tour.
2/ Keith Richards saying the Stones would be hitting the studio in April.
3/ Ronnie Wood saying (then taking it back) the same thing that Richards said a few weeks back about the Stones going into the studio.
4/ Stonesdoug (he doesn't make stuff up) confirms Richards and Wood's reports even putting dates on them.
5/ Various leaks from companies like Live Nation that the Stones are looking at tour offers.
6/ All members inluding Charlie Watts and Mick Jagger saying they want to tour.
7/ The Rolling Stones recently jammed (w/Bill Wyman) together and videotaped it.
8/ MONEY - The biggest motivating factor for he Stones...There is no way they pass on the vast amounts of money a 50th Anniversary will bring them. 2013 will easily be the biggest Stones year since the 1989 Steel Wheels tour and album.

Save your money because the Rolling Stones are about to be everywhere in the very near future

spot on! +1

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 20, 2012 00:36

Doxa
RSbestbandever
Edith Grove
Send It To me
The secrecy with which this band operates is really annoying. Is Mick Jagger a navy seal or a rock n' roll singer?

He's a businessman above anything else.

You don't announce a business decision before you have covered every detail for what you're trying to accomplish.

Excellent point EG.

It is a good point but I think Jagger's behavior is not anything extraordinary. I think it is quite common tactics when something is planned by a group of people, or there is a work in progress - that you don't comment that on public. And especially when all of it is just 'testing', which means to say, it is not certain at all if anything will happen or turn out fine. I think Wood - and to an extent Richards as well (but is a bit different deal with him) - broke that kind of social code by their big mouths. People here seem to 'understand' Woodie (partly because he says something everyone wishes to hear) and being angry for Jagger for zipping his mouth, but I can understand Jagger's position very well. You just don't comment an ongoing process in public - the process that might fail big time. It's not anyone damn's business.

The whole other thing is to offer public wishes what someone would like to happen. And that was Ronnie' (failed) excuse in trying to save his face. But there is a huge difference in saying "I wish we would go to studio and that everything very would turn fine" and "we are going to studio to see if we can do anything at all".

Rock and roll band does not differ at all of any other team work or social group of people doing and planning something together. No one likes deepthroats in certain - or any - stages of process. Seemingly Jagger and Watts are very strict about that but Richards and especially Wood no so much - with Richards there is a whole different power game going on, but with Wood the case is just eating the bite too easily (offered by the hype over the Stones), and not having enough self-control. Besides I think Wood broke the Stones code that when a Stone does something solo, he keeps mouth his shut up about the Stones activities. You don't "use" The Stones for your personal activities.

(Important: The presuppostion of my post is that what Ronnie Wood said in the first place is true - that he prevailed something he should not have done.)

- Doxa

Well said and I definitely agree with your last sentence.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 20, 2012 00:57

RSbestbandever
Doxa
RSbestbandever
Edith Grove
Send It To me
The secrecy with which this band operates is really annoying. Is Mick Jagger a navy seal or a rock n' roll singer?

He's a businessman above anything else.

You don't announce a business decision before you have covered every detail for what you're trying to accomplish.

Excellent point EG.

It is a good point but I think Jagger's behavior is not anything extraordinary. I think it is quite common tactics when something is planned by a group of people, or there is a work in progress - that you don't comment that on public. And especially when all of it is just 'testing', which means to say, it is not certain at all if anything will happen or turn out fine. I think Wood - and to an extent Richards as well (but is a bit different deal with him) - broke that kind of social code by their big mouths. People here seem to 'understand' Woodie (partly because he says something everyone wishes to hear) and being angry for Jagger for zipping his mouth, but I can understand Jagger's position very well. You just don't comment an ongoing process in public - the process that might fail big time. It's not anyone damn's business.

The whole other thing is to offer public wishes what someone would like to happen. And that was Ronnie' (failed) excuse in trying to save his face. But there is a huge difference in saying "I wish we would go to studio and that everything very would turn fine" and "we are going to studio to see if we can do anything at all".

Rock and roll band does not differ at all of any other team work or social group of people doing and planning something together. No one likes deepthroats in certain - or any - stages of process. Seemingly Jagger and Watts are very strict about that but Richards and especially Wood no so much - with Richards there is a whole different power game going on, but with Wood the case is just eating the bite too easily (offered by the hype over the Stones), and not having enough self-control. Besides I think Wood broke the Stones code that when a Stone does something solo, he keeps mouth his shut up about the Stones activities. You don't "use" The Stones for your personal activities.

(Important: The presuppostion of my post is that what Ronnie Wood said in the first place is true - that he prevailed something he should not have done.)

- Doxa

Well said and I definitely agree with your last sentence.

This is the great divide, between the left and right brainers...logical vs. creative.

I think if we had to divide the band, you'd have Mick and Charlie as the left brain dominant logics, and Keith and Ron the right brain dominant creatives.

That isn't to say they aren't each creative and logical. I think Ron is probably extreme right brain dominant so the logical approach with which MJ guides the band, doesn't hold the same importance for him.

Now I'll just sit back and allow people to hurl abuse at me.

Date: April 20, 2012 09:28

If they record/tour/play live, then I hope KR leaves his left hand down long enough to play a chord! I do like a bang for my buck!

Date: April 20, 2012 16:49

Gold Coast Slave Ship
If they record/tour/play live, then I hope KR leaves his left hand down long enough to play a chord! I do like a bang for my buck!

i concur....they also need to have a "swear jar" for him that he needs to put a $100 in everytime he uses the terms "babe" or "baby"...

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 20, 2012 16:56

cowboytoast
Gold Coast Slave Ship

i concur....they also need to have a "swear jar" for him that he needs to put a $100 in everytime he uses the terms "babe" or "baby"...

I concur ... they also need the same for him everytime he plays the one solo he is used to for about twenty years, and 50 €, if he plays it backwards ... 20 Lire if he says: It is good to be here, but it is good to be anywhere ...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 20, 2012 22:13

Gold Coast Slave Ship

I hope too..

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 20, 2012 23:52

KRiffhard
Gold Coast Slave Ship

I hope too..
The beginning of HTW is without the left hand and sounds good.

Date: April 21, 2012 04:38

cowboytoast
SharksWillCry
coyboytoast
and the front row filled with perfume soaked old hags and their smiling grandchildren...Keith smoking and posing and his lapdog Ronnie...posing...this is who the good seats go to???...all corporate nonsense..

The field was gen. admin as far as I could tell. Were there seats in the front? How did those old hags manage to drag those smiling grandchildren past my blanket without me smelling their perfume?

i was referring specifically to the segment where they are basically miming to "Under My THumb" and that movable stage goes through the crowd...the camera keeps getting closeups of people and their kids that would NEVER had been at a Stones show before they went "Vegas"....if you had a blanket you were standing on it...and probably the only thing you smell at these shows these days is Jean Nate' and the ink off of the $75 t-shirt...

It's fun to make fun of people like that but even an idiot can agree that those people 'that would NEVER had been at a Stones show before they went "Vegas"' possibly went to Stones shows before they went Vegas and didn't care/worry about them becoming "Vegas". Perhpas you should work on hiding such shallow jealousy more?

Date: April 21, 2012 21:51

Nobody is "miming". They just didn´t play, because Chuck was playing the marimba/synth-riff.

While overdubbing the release, someone decided that the intro needed guitars, and then the guitar techs got their moment of fame, playing on a Rolling Stones-release...

Date: April 21, 2012 23:46

DandelionPowderman
Nobody is "miming". They just didn´t play, because Chuck was playing the marimba/synth-riff.

While overdubbing the release, someone decided that the intro needed guitars, and then the guitar techs got their moment of fame, playing on a Rolling Stones-release...

Those overdubs were pre-overdubbed. They were done before the show, hence the miming.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 23, 2012 02:39

I hope Mick's moving to New York will aid in the making of a real RS record between the 2 principals and maybe even Wood and Watts....RW sure sounded great in AC and he has grooves..he played them....I'd hate to see another Mick album with a couple of Keith flourishes as a follow up to ABB...I'd rather see another 40 Licks type thing instead....or more re worked out takes.

Date: April 23, 2012 13:42

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
DandelionPowderman

Those overdubs were pre-overdubbed. They were done before the show, hence the miming.

LOL! Then Keith and Ronnie would be the worst mimers of all time smiling smiley They're not even trying.

Is that you, Skip?

Date: April 23, 2012 15:51

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
cowboytoast
SharksWillCry
coyboytoast

It's fun to make fun of people like that but even an idiot can agree that those people 'that would NEVER had been at a Stones show before they went "Vegas"' possibly went to Stones shows before they went Vegas and didn't care/worry about them becoming "Vegas". Perhpas you should work on hiding such shallow jealousy more?

i doubt those 10 year old kids smiling and waving were at shows before 1989...but perhaps you know something i don't...maybe they are just young looking midgits..

and nah...i'm not jealous of anyone that went to a Stones show after 1978..

my comment wasn't to poke fun at anyone...i was just meant in a roundabout way that they went from a whiskey swigging on stage rock and roll band to an attraction at Disneyland lately...maybe they should decorate the stage like a ship this time and Keith can put on that Pirate costume and parade around since he refuses to play much anymore..

i love the rolling stones..always have...always will...but feel disappointed and cheated that they are always willing to take the easy road and not deliver in the last few years...i saved lunch money when i was a kid to buy their LPs...and i will still buy them...even though i expect a 'lesser bang'...

i hope they prove me wrong..

and no...i don't care to go to a family friendly rock and roll concert ...kinda takes the sting out of it..

sorry if i offended anyone...

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: April 23, 2012 15:55

mtaylor
KRiffhard
Gold Coast Slave Ship

I hope too..
The beginning of HTW is without the left hand and sounds good.

thumbs up it sounds way cool!

Date: April 23, 2012 15:55

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-23 16:46 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 24, 2012 00:38

DandelionPowderman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
DandelionPowderman

LOL! Then Keith and Ronnie would be the worst mimers of all time smiling smiley They're not even trying.

Is that you, Skip?

I already wondered about this too. Is this/ are you the Skippy from old Sticky Fingers Journal/Undercover times?

Date: April 24, 2012 06:59

cowboytoast
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
cowboytoast
SharksWillCry
coyboytoast

i doubt those 10 year old kids smiling and waving were at shows before 1989...but perhaps you know something i don't...maybe they are just young looking midgits..

and nah...i'm not jealous of anyone that went to a Stones show after 1978..

my comment wasn't to poke fun at anyone...i was just meant in a roundabout way that they went from a whiskey swigging on stage rock and roll band to an attraction at Disneyland lately...maybe they should decorate the stage like a ship this time and Keith can put on that Pirate costume and parade around since he refuses to play much anymore..

i love the rolling stones..always have...always will...but feel disappointed and cheated that they are always willing to take the easy road and not deliver in the last few years...i saved lunch money when i was a kid to buy their LPs...and i will still buy them...even though i expect a 'lesser bang'...

i hope they prove me wrong..

and no...i don't care to go to a family friendly rock and roll concert ...kinda takes the sting out of it..

sorry if i offended anyone...

Damn. I misread it. You said their kids. My bad.

Date: April 24, 2012 16:33

CousinC
DandelionPowderman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
DandelionPowderman

Is that you, Skip?

I already wondered about this too. Is this/ are you the Skippy from old Sticky Fingers Journal/Undercover times?

The e-mail SFJ? I guess so. When was that?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 24, 2012 19:06

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Many many many years ago. I used to be a subscriber. Way back in the early days of the internet. Please try to remember LOL. Good to see you here.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 25, 2012 07:11

I "won" a t-shirt for writing something about why I love the Stones (I think, it may have been something else), which I still wear occasionally when the time is right (it's tie dyed). So yeah, that was me, the original incarnation of what you recall.

I don't remember anyone's names from then. That was 200-2003 that I was on there? I enjoyed it though.

Ha ha. I said 'tie DIED'!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 04:12 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 26, 2012 14:52

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
CousinC
DandelionPowderman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
DandelionPowderman

Is that you, Skip?

So it IS you. smiling smiley I remember SFJ...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 26, 2012 15:53

Will Keith play the noodle riff?

If the album doesn't have the noodle riff I'm not buying it.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 26, 2012 15:55

Hey! just realised!

They have pitch correctors in the studio these days, this might work.

It doesn't matter what key Keith thinks he's in.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 26, 2012 16:21

He'll have changed the noodle lick for a different one by the next time out.
He's always got a pet "one size fits all" lick.[Most players have if you listen]
The last one just got a bit annoying after a while ;^)

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 26, 2012 17:21

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I "won" a t-shirt for writing something about why I love the Stones (I think, it may have been something else), which I still wear occasionally when the time is right (it's tie dyed). So yeah, that was me, the original incarnation of what you recall.

I don't remember anyone's names from then. That was 200-2003 that I was on there? I enjoyed it though.

You're lucky you still fit into your old t-shirts, unlike some of us.

Date: April 27, 2012 05:16

71Tele
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You're lucky you still fit into your old t-shirts, unlike some of us.

Ha ha!

I really enjoyed SFJ. It was...what, akin to getting electronic snail mail that was fun to read!

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home