Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Ronnie Wood: Rolling Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 10, 2012 18:21

Just saw this info on Uncut's site as well.

Ronnie Wood: Rolling Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: April 10, 2012 16:28

Not sure if this has already been posted

NEW YORK (AP) — Ronnie Wood says the Rolling Stones will meet in a recording studio later this month "to just throw some ideas around."

[news.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 10, 2012 17:38

Sam Spade
Not sure if this has already been posted

OK, let me help you.

Edith Grove was the first one with this thread [www.iorr.org]
Then came laughingsam [www.iorr.org]

So you came in 3rd. Bronze medal. Not bad eh ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 10, 2012 19:30

ALl with the exact same title too. Impressive.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: April 10, 2012 19:36

It's about time they record something new. Here's hoping all 3 of their songwriters bring their best song ideas to the table so the Stones can record another full length album.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 10, 2012 20:09

I'm thinking of starting a thread about Ronnie Wood sharing a flat with Hendrix. I haven't seen it posted already...

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 10, 2012 20:18

I think they should all start their own albums, just like the same topic posts here.

Then bv or "Chuck" or Janet Rose, Ben Waters, Dave Stewart, Don Was, The Sons of The Beatles or whoever has authority or influence over the Stones these days can combine their recordings into "Two Sides".

Maybe it will have to close out with The Charlie Watts Orchestra, but so be it.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 10, 2012 20:40

Re: Ronnie: Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 10, 2012 23:49

At the New York launch of his exhibition, "Faces, Time and Places," which features his own paintings,
guitarist Ronnie Wood talked about the Rolling Stones heading to the studio,
his solo projects and art versus music. (April 9)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 10, 2012 23:54

billwebster
It's about time they record something new. Here's hoping all 3 of their songwriters bring their best song ideas to the table so the Stones can record another full length album.

Mick, Keith & Bill? I know Bill had an international hit record, and has a sole credit and lead vocal on an official Rolling Stones album, but his involvement in the upcoming reunion is sketchy at best.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: April 11, 2012 00:25

The Stones will go to record Wood's next solo LP. This could be a first.
A recovering addict fronting The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 11, 2012 02:14

Thx for the update. I love Woody.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 11, 2012 02:59

backstreetboy1
no mellillo

so that story was made up then?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 11, 2012 03:38

This is simply hard to buy

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 11, 2012 18:54

billwebster

I doubt they'll include Bill in the songwriting team. smileys with beer

Date: April 11, 2012 18:55

Chris Fountain

Wait until they release it...it will be easy to buy at that point.

Date: April 11, 2012 19:38

Since Keith is losing his touch and losing his balance, they surely better train.

More power to them for even trying to do another world tour, again.

They are my greatest hobby.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 11, 2012 20:05

treaclefingers
Chris Fountain

Wait until they release it...it will be easy to buy at that point.
>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 11, 2012 21:35

I wonder if they will have to talk with with their shrinks first? I mean, it has been a so long time since they been in a studio together that they probably have developed a contact phobia with studios...

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 11, 2012 21:55

Doxa

There seems to be two different descriptions of these recent Stones activities. Keith nad Ronnie give the picture that the band is warming up and trying to find the "feel", while Jagger seems to ignore them all and is just promoting the documentary. My guts is that the studio session is somehow connected to the documentary movie as I think the London jam session has been as well; like they were scheduled only for adding material to the documnetary. I am very skeptical that any new album or a tour will happen, even though some sort of performances I belieive will happen. But this is just my feeling 10th of April, 2012. I reserve the right to change or readjust my feelings...grinning smiley

- Doxa

My gut feeling is exactly the same. I think at the most all that will come of it is a couple of new tracks to go on a 50 Licks album that is released to tie in with the documentary. They have a problem saying that they kept going for 50 years if they didn't have anything to show since 2007. This will solve that problem.

Date: April 11, 2012 22:06

rebelrebel
Doxa

There seems to be two different descriptions of these recent Stones activities. Keith nad Ronnie give the picture that the band is warming up and trying to find the "feel", while Jagger seems to ignore them all and is just promoting the documentary. My guts is that the studio session is somehow connected to the documentary movie as I think the London jam session has been as well; like they were scheduled only for adding material to the documnetary. I am very skeptical that any new album or a tour will happen, even though some sort of performances I belieive will happen. But this is just my feeling 10th of April, 2012. I reserve the right to change or readjust my feelings...grinning smiley

- Doxa

My gut feeling is exactly the same. I think at the most all that will come of it is a couple of new tracks to go on a 50 Licks album that is released to tie in with the documentary. They have a problem saying that they kept going for 50 years if they didn't have anything to show since 2007. This will solve that problem.

I'm not saying I'm not happy with a new album, but I've been thrilled with what we've received since 2009...GYYYO superdeluxe, Exile superdeluxe, SG Superdeluxe, Ladies and Gentlemen DVD, Superheavy, Ron's New Album, Some Girls Texas Dvd and CD, The Ben Waters thing, 3 of the 6 live album downloads, my gawd, BRUSSELS!

Have I missed anything?

I've loved the great majority of this stuff as well. A new album would be great, more like ABB and less like the 'extra cuts' off of 40 Licks!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 11, 2012 22:55

I am amazed at the negative energy that gets tossed out on this board.I come here almost every day and read things that are informative, insiteful, and some are just down right disturbing.

IT is ON THIS SITE written by FANS that I read the 40 Licks project would suck from beginning to end. Here it was announced that the boxed DVD collection would never happen , it was too ambitious of the old men. People on this board pounded nails into Charle's coffin. As a physician I tossed out the idea that from what I read he would survive but "fans" were so busy hanging crepe you would have thought the wake was set.

People here said there would be no ABB CD, if there were it would be a belly flop heard around the world. They wouldn't tour because they couldn't. Again despite words from my self and other medical people, Keith's fall and sub-dural were reason for candle light death vigils. After he survived there would be NO make up tour, no further dates , he was a zombie from the Walking Dead ( LOL ok maybe this one is not far off). But I tell you I saw many blistering shows in the last half of the ABB tour where the zombie awoke and played his ass off to everyone's pleasure.

Now Keith and Mick say they are closer than they have been in a long time, that all is forgiven. The band has been in the studio, and there are plans announced to return to the studio. Rather than ignore the anniversary, as many have predicted, they announce there is plenty coming up in 2012 and they hint that they are working on more for 2013 stretching out the anniversary to include the arrival of Mr Watts.

Instead of celebrating, the people who have already dressed in Black for Charlie's funeral and set aside money for the KR Brain Drain Charitable Trust fund are telling us how the positive news is a sign of the end times. Damn, I wonder would you would all say IF YOU WEREN"T FAN'S ! In a world where the water glass is half full you are picking it up and pouring the water on the ground.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-11 23:15 by kahoosier.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:00

kahoosier, you rock

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:10

The scroll at the bottom of my TV ( channel MSNBC ) just announced that they are going into the studio. MSNBC !!! BIG NEWS !!!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:10

treaclefingers
I've been thrilled with what we've received since 2009...GYYYO superdeluxe, Exile superdeluxe, SG Superdeluxe, Ladies and Gentlemen DVD, Superheavy, Ron's New Album, Some Girls Texas Dvd and CD, The Ben Waters thing, 3 of the 6 live album downloads, my gawd, BRUSSELS!

All that makes yah wonder if the band actually existed before 1969!? confused smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:41

His Majesty
treaclefingers
I've been thrilled with what we've received since 2009...GYYYO superdeluxe, Exile superdeluxe, SG Superdeluxe, Ladies and Gentlemen DVD, Superheavy, Ron's New Album, Some Girls Texas Dvd and CD, The Ben Waters thing, 3 of the 6 live album downloads, my gawd, BRUSSELS!

All that makes yah wonder if the band actually existed before 1969!? confused smiley

And that's exactly what really disturbs me too. The pre-1969 years are handled not unlike some kinda "pre-fame" years, an uninmportant, largely forgettable era. Sometimes I think that a lot of "fans" here seem to think that that's actually the case.

As much as I applaud the vaults stuff they released in the past two years, as much I think that the 60's vaults may quite possibly hold more surprises and more exciting stuff than, let's say "Don't Be A Stranger" on the Some Girls bonus disc.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:43

The Rolling Stones is the debut album by The Rolling Stones, released by Decca Records in the UK on 16 April 1964. Certainly, for the vast majority of us that have bought through the years the more than 200 million albums that the group has sold, there was no Rolling Stones before that. I often feel like an old man at age 54, but would not have been interested nor able to get into the Marquees club in 1962. I doubt that many on this board were at the Crawdaddy, or Ealing Club, or any of those places between '62 and '64. Moreover, as life changing as we would like to think the band is, I would bet most people that were at those early club dates remember that they were present only in casual passing conversation now and then, but probably have no idea this site exists or give a rotten fig if there is another tour or not. Even using the 1962 date, there were 7 years prior to 1969, 7/50, 14% of the bands career, occured before 1969. No doubt they were great years, years that broke ground, years that set trends, and years that have been documented, rehashed, served first hot and then cold over and over by first Decca, Abko, on and on , mastered, re-mastered, put out in mono, stereo, simulated stereo in every original UK and US version as well as collections imagineable. We even have Metamorphisis, the out takes, and though unofficial many of us have the Black Box Collection. It is hard for me to imagine that there are 10 undiscovered gems left from the recording of December's Children or Out of OUr Heads to flesh out still another super deluxe version of those albums. We cried for years "open the vaults!" They have, it's not enough. They say we are working on things, people here don't believe them. Step by step they are sending us fleshed out versions of what they did in the 70's, we say what about the 60's.

There is no way to compare the me of of today with the me of even the 1990's. Come on, these guys have held up remarkably well, which is part of the legend. Can't we please, if we are fans just try and be happy for a little while?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-11 23:47 by kahoosier.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:48

We have had the TAMI show and Ed Sullivan appearances released on DVD, but they haven't appeared due to the stones. The TAMI show performance is as good as any gig the band themselves have released on CD or DVD.

So whats stopping em? Lack of good recordings? ABKCO? The ghost of Brian Jones?

confused smiley

Date: April 12, 2012 00:01

kahoosier
The Rolling Stones is the debut album by The Rolling Stones, released by Decca Records in the UK on 16 April 1964. Certainly, for the vast majority of us that have bought through the years the more than 200 million albums that the group has sold, there was no Rolling Stones before that. I often feel like an old man at age 54, but would not have been interested nor able to get into the Marquees club in 1962. I doubt that many on this board were at the Crawdaddy, or Ealing Club, or any of those places between '62 and '64. Moreover, as life changing as we would like to think the band is, I would bet most people that were at those early club dates remember that they were present only in casual passing conversation now and then, but probably have no idea this site exists or give a rotten fig if there is another tour or not. Even using the 1962 date, there were 7 years prior to 1969, 7/50, 14% of the bands career, occured before 1969. No doubt they were great years, years that broke ground, years that set trends, and years that have been documented, rehashed, served first hot and then cold over and over by first Decca, Abko, on and on , mastered, re-mastered, put out in mono, stereo, simulated stereo in every original UK and US version as well as collections imagineable. We even have Metamorphisis, the out takes, and though unofficial many of us have the Black Box Collection. It is hard for me to imagine that there are 10 undiscovered gems left from the recording of December's Children or Out of OUr Heads to flesh out still another super deluxe version of those albums. We cried for years "open the vaults!" They have, it's not enough. They say we are working on things, people here don't believe them. Step by step they are sending us fleshed out versions of what they did in the 70's, we say what about the 60's.

There is no way to compare the me of of today with the me of even the 1990's. Come on, these guys have held up remarkably well, which is part of the legend. Can't we please, if we are fans just try and be happy for a little while?

I think if there was ANYTHING worthwhile releasing from pre-69, we would probably have seen it by now. It's not as if ABKCO isn't going to do their best to try and shill the product one more time, which we saw with GYYYO deluxe.

That would lead me to believe that the 60's stuff has been mostly mined, and there is not much else there. Strange that the Beatles had so much more stuff in the period, culminating with those mid-90s multi-CD releases of outtakes, "Free As A Bird", "Real Love" singles.

One can be quietly hopeful for something like that of course, but does anyone believe Allen Klein and Sons wouldn't have trodded that out already?

On the other hand, why aren't there any BBC sessions? Surely there have to be a few gems sticking around in someone's vault, somewhere?

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home