Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: A Decade of Sun
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 2, 2020 21:45

Ten years of the sun. Nasa has gathered 425 million high-resolution images of the sun, from February 2010 until June this year.
Every second of the 61-minute video represents images taken over a single day. Here it is (and a link to some info also):

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: A Decade of Sun
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 2, 2020 22:03

It rules over all life. It would be interesting to see/find out what impact the sun had during those ten years on the global warming. It can't be that difficult.

cool smiley

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 3, 2020 00:21

Am i the only one who thought Sam Phillips would be a part of this discussion?

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: July 3, 2020 00:42

I was thinking boxed set of Sun Studios greatest LOL

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 3, 2020 01:14

Very nice especially the different activity trough the years, about 2014 the sun was "extremely" active

Date: July 3, 2020 01:15

We had intense discussions here about the the climate and climate change a while ago. So I thought this was of interest for many here. The sun is after all the source of all life on earth.
Apparently not. I was wrong. A fascinating effort though to take 425 million pictures of the sun via satellite and condense it to a 61 minutes long video covering 10 years of sun activity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 01:16 by Stoneage.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 3, 2020 15:10

loog droog
Am i the only one who thought Sam Phillips would be a part of this discussion?

No.....bearing in mind I was just contributing to a Steve Hoffman forum thing, mentioning both Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 3, 2020 20:49

Stoneage
We had intense discussions here about the the climate and climate change a while ago. So I thought this was of interest for many here. The sun is after all the source of all life on earth.
Apparently not. I was wrong. A fascinating effort though to take 425 million pictures of the sun via satellite and condense it to a 61 minutes long video covering 10 years of sun activity.

You wouldn't believe, Stoneage, how very, very many people are not "interested" in what's going on in our Universe. Many find it creepy, it creates feeling of panic, it's too complex, difficult to imagine, etc. They are happy with the religion they follow. Funny enough, I found a tremendous feeling of peace, once I got "some" inside knowledge about the great "emptiness". I know my place and don't need to fool myself with all kinds of nonsence winking smiley
What I enjoy is the feeling that all the music broadcasted on our tiny globe travels into to Universe around us, so one day they may be Stones fans at amazing distances winking smiley
Don't sorry, be happy ...smileys with beer

Date: July 3, 2020 21:12

I guess you are right, Georgie 48. thumbs up and a spinning sun smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home