Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Another Stone to Play the Iridium in NYC
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 7, 2012 18:39

From their Facebook page:

IN CELEBRATION OF THE ROLLING STONES 50th! First it was Mick Taylor, NOW WHO WILL BE THE NEXT LEGENDARY AND CURRENT STONES MEMBER TO PLAY THE IRIDIUM? Can you keep a secret....

FIND OUT WHO THE NEXT ROLLING STONE IS ON TUESDAY 4/10 at 11 AM WHEN WE KICK OFF OUR EXLUSIVE IRIDIUM FAN ONLY PRESALE!

Re: Another Stone to Play the Iridium in NYC
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 7, 2012 19:38

Let's see, Keith has already played there with Les Paul, so................gee.............this'll be hard.....

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: April 10, 2012 19:37

Did they announce anything?

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 10, 2012 20:10

Nothing yet

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: April 10, 2012 20:17

I suspect it is going to be Charlie...but if they booked Mick Taylor...it could be Ron Wood?

Date: April 10, 2012 20:32

Box office says tomorrow (Wednesday). If it's anything like when Jeff Beck played there, it's gonna be a tough ticket.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 10, 2012 21:00

Did they say who it was? I'm not sure I'm reading an actual confirmation on who it is...

Date: April 10, 2012 21:34

Justin
Did they say who it was? I'm not sure I'm reading an actual confirmation on who it is...

No, Justin, it's all speculation at this point.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 10, 2012 21:36

K, thanks. It'd be great if it were Charlie but I suspect it will be Ronnie since he will be out there for the Atlantic City gig.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 10, 2012 21:39

06/09 Les Paul’s Birthday – Special Guest TBA

Watch Facebook For Details

[theiridium.com]

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 10, 2012 21:50

Hey, I have an idea! Why don't they get ALL of the Rolling Stones to play there the SAME night?

Date: April 11, 2012 16:13

Charlie and the ABC of Boogie Woogie June 29-July 2. Nothing about June 9 yet.

Charlie Watts at the Iridium Jazz Club NYC for 2 shows a night (8 & 10 pm) from Friday June 29th thru Monday, July 2nd.
Date: April 11, 2012 18:08

Charlie Watts at the Iridium Jazz Club NYC for 2 shows a night (8 & 10 pm) from Friday June 29th thru Monday, July 2nd.

Re: Charlie Watts at the Iridium Jazz Club NYC for 2 shows a night (8 & 10 pm) from Friday June 29th thru Monday, July 2nd.
Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: April 11, 2012 18:13

Solo or with ABCD of Boogie Woogie?

Re: Charlie Watts at the Iridium Jazz Club NYC for 2 shows a night (8 & 10 pm) from Friday June 29th thru Monday, July 2nd.
Date: April 11, 2012 18:16

Solo with his jazz band I think

Date: April 11, 2012 18:24

Date: April 11, 2012 19:00

Where does it say abcd of boogie is the show?

Date: April 11, 2012 19:11

bleedingman
[www.iorr.org]

Iridium Facebook Page

Date: April 11, 2012 19:13

Cool

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 11, 2012 19:15

GOO
Where does it say abcd of boogie is the show?

I found this:

<<<By Rolling Stone
April 11, 2012 9:00 AM ET

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts is set to play four nights at the Iridium in New York City. Watts will perform eight sets with his band at the jazz venue between June 29th and July 2nd. He will also sit in with the Les Paul Trio in their weekly tribute to their late bandleader on July 2nd.

Tickets for Watts' shows at the Iridium will go on sale today at the club's Facebook page, with a special promo code for a limited number of VIP tickets.

Watts isn't the only Stones member playing a run of shows at the Iridium. Mick Taylor is set for a six-night run at the club from May 9th through 14th.>>>

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com];

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-11 19:18 by Cocaine Eyes.

Date: April 11, 2012 19:21

June 9 is still a mystery. Nice to be in the NY-NJ area! Ronnie, Mick T, Charlie and ?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 11, 2012 19:26

Delighted to see Mr Watts bringing this act to The States...
I wonder how much futher he will venture in and around?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 11, 2012 19:57

Max'sKansasCity
Delighted to see Mr Watts bringing this act to The States...
I wonder how much futher he will venture in and around?
I wish some Stone would venture out to the west coast.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:10

I have tix for Sunday's shows and looking to trade for Friday night. Anybody?

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 12, 2012 01:41

Wouldn't mind betting Charlie will also play somewhere at Ben Waters' Memphis and New Orleans Rock'n Roll trip of a life time trip between June 15th & 24th (http://benwaters.com/Web/Giglist.aspx). If I had the money I'd be going!!
Chris & Pam

Satisfied since 1976

Date: April 12, 2012 02:00

Well, it's a welcome convergence on the Tri-State area. Supposedly recording here also during that time-frame. Go ahead, bite the Big Apple!

Date: April 12, 2012 14:05

Going to Sunday 8pm show

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: April 12, 2012 15:03

From Ben Waters news letter:

The ABC & D had a great time out there and whilst we where there we have
made plans to release the first ABC & D album, something we should have
done a long time ago. The band has been touring for 3 years and we have
never had a release, I guess just because people have been doing there
own projects. The album was recorded over 5 nights in Paris last year.
The other exciting thing is we are going to New York to release the album,
We will be playing the Lincoln Centre on the 28th June and then 4 nights
at the Iridium, the famous club that the Les Paul trio used to play at
(in fact they still play there obviously with out Les). We are all looking
forward to this trip. If any of you can make it out there it would be great
to see you!! details will be on the web site soon.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 12, 2012 15:19

Ooooh, how about a stop by Toronto's Massey Hall? Love seeing Charlie at that venue. He's so kind and gentle with the audience.cool smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 12, 2012 17:18

Cocaine Eyes
Ooooh, how about a stop by Toronto's Massey Hall? Love seeing Charlie at that venue. He's so kind and gentle with the audience.cool smiley

Remember the drum solo last time?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home