Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger and Lennon's R & R Circus intro....Broadway?
Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: June 2, 2020 21:08

Mick asks John "Do you remember that old place off Broadway?"

What is he referring to? Is there a story there or was Mick just making shit up?

Re: Jagger and Lennon's R & R Circus intro....Broadway?
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 2, 2020 23:59

Boognish

What is he referring to? Is there a story there or was Mick just making shit up?

It may have been Andy Warhol's The Factory, an old place in Greenwich Village, off-Broadway (?). Both Mick and John visited the place several years before 1968. I only don't know if they were there at the same time, but for Mick's remark and John's answer that would not be nessecary, I guess.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 3, 2020 02:33

georgie48
Boognish

It may have been Andy Warhol's The Factory, an old place in Greenwich Village, off-Broadway (?). Both Mick and John visited the place several years before 1968. I only don't know if they were there at the same time, but for Mick's remark and John's answer that would not be nessecary, I guess.

I've always assumed that they were simply larking about (taking the piss) pretending to imitate two old farts who were reminiscing about their time, many years previously, as pillars of the musical scene in the (guess) 1930's.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2020 03:00

.... sounds fair enough captain ....

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home