Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Brian May hospitalized (not covid)
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 8, 2020 23:43

Not Covid.
He is "bummed"
[www.cnn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-08 23:43 by spikenyc.

Re: OT: Brian May hospitalized (not covid)
Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: May 9, 2020 00:32

This is like straight from "Spinal Tap" when one of their many drummers died in a bizarre gardening accident.

Get well soon Brian...I was just listening to 39 not too long ago.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 9, 2020 00:49

injured whilst gardening.....that's what they all say!!!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 9, 2020 01:36

MisterO
This is like straight from "Spinal Tap" when one of their many drummers died in a bizarre gardening accident.

Get well soon Brian...I was just listening to 39 not too long ago.

At least he didn't choke on vomit like legendary Tap drummer Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs did. It was John "Stumpy" Pepys who died in the bizarre gardening accident which authorities said "best left unsolved"! smiling smiley He, of course, was portrayed by actor Ed Begley Jr.

Get well Brian!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 9, 2020 01:49

Bummer !!! ... should watched the way Mick digs onions ....

But seriously stay safe and hope you make a fast recovery Brian ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 11, 2020 05:40

Didn't he learn from John Entwistle that greybeard rockers need to be careful around hoes?

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: May 11, 2020 17:43

^^ OUCH!!!!

Get well soon, Brian.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 11, 2020 18:30

Guess he won't be riding his bicycle anytime soon....get well

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 11, 2020 18:30

I'm a bit curious - how does one go tearing up one's ass by gardening? Falling on/leaning/backing into a hedge trimmer while it's running is the only thing I can think of.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 11, 2020 23:12

Totally lacking in credulity as an explanation, though Brian normally comes across as 100% sincere. It's a dodgy tale worthy of the British Prime Minister.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 11, 2020 23:35

ab
Didn't he learn from John Entwistle that greybeard rockers need to be careful around hoes?

& carrots according to Pete Townshend.....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 25, 2020 18:44

Brian May was 'near death' after suffering heart attack while gardening

The Queen guitarist said doctors found three blocked arteries after he experienced a ‘small’ heart attack

Laura Snapes

Mon 25 May 2020 12.39 BSTLast modified on Mon 25 May 2020 14.36 BST

After admitting to shredding his buttock muscles while gardening earlier this month, Brian May has revealed further details of an incident that led to a small heart attack and the discovery of three blocked arteries that left the Queenguitarist “very near death”.

In a series of posts on his Instagram account, the 72-year-old said that a week after he was sent home after sustaining the gardening injury, he was still in such agony that he “wanted to jump at some points”. He was readmitted to hospital for an MRI scan, which discovered a severely compressed sciatic nerve – the product, he concluded, of 50 years as a guitarist. “That’s why I had this feeling that someone was putting a screwdriver in my back,” he said.

During the “whole saga of the painful backside”, May said he experienced 40 minutes of chest pain and tightness that turned out to be a small heart attack. He was readmitted to hospital for an angiogram, which found three blocked arteries. May said he was pressured by some parties to have open-heart surgery, but took alternative advice to have three stents implanted.

May said he was shocked by the discovery of the blocked arteries, considering himself to be generally healthy. “Everyone says, ‘You’ve got great blood pressure, great heart rate’, I keep fit on my bike, good diet, not too much fat.” He suggested that everyone over the age of 60 should have an angiogram. “We’ve all got to really look at ourselves as we get to the autumn years,” he said. “What seems to be a healthy heart may not be.”

May said he had come off painkillers for the leg pain caused by the sciatic compression, which was now “liveable”. Being on the medication was a “horrible trip”, he said. “I don’t know what’s worse: the pain or the painkillers.”

He expressed his gratitude to his doctors and physiotherapist. “I’m incredibly grateful that I now have a life to lead again,” said May. “I was actually very near death because of this, but the pain that I had was from something completely different.”

Referring to the headlines about his bottom injury, May said: “I kind of forgot that anything to do with the bum people find amusing, so I got a bit pissed off with all the ‘Brian May gets a pain in the bum’ kind of stuff.”

In another video posted to his Instagram account overnight, May said he was “increasingly astonished at the antics of the government in the face of this pandemic. What a story, my God – what a catalogue of disasters.”

May drew criticism in April after suggesting that the coronavirus pandemic was a result of “people eating animals”, despite a lack of scientific consensus over the origin of the disease.

[www.theguardian.com]

Date: May 25, 2020 20:09

Did he ever smoke? As far as I know he always had a healthy lifestyle.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 25, 2020 20:52

TheflyingDutchman
Did he ever smoke? As far as I know he always had a healthy lifestyle.

Arterial disease can have nothing to do with things like smoking, though of course smoking and not eating properly or exercising can only make things worse.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 26, 2020 23:53

Wow it's amazing he hadn't noticed anything wrong with his heart/breathing while exercising up to now ! Good for him it was fixed though, sounds like it wasn't too late.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home