Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 37
Re: Forget the rumours, the new boot IS LA '75!
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:01

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:17

Great clear video footage on there.................a boxset of DVDs of these archive shows would be most desirable..........?..............

Posted by: DiddleyBo ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:20

Lien

Wow, these video clips really look good. Would be great, if they released that on DVD. Maybe later this year.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:24

Great footage from 75

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:24

Yeeeoooow...sounds fantastic...Woody gives Taylor a run for his money on GS! Who's got the artwork?

P.S. Somebody pinch me!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 00:33 by shadooby.

Date: April 3, 2012 00:26

What show has the extended intro to heartbreaker?

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:28

shadooby
Yeeeoooow...sounds fantastic...Woody gives Taylor a run for his money on GS! Who's got the artwork?

if any kind soul has done back CD artwork please share smiling smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:29

Thanx, Lien!
While I'm basically more of a Taylor-man I have to say the 75/76 tour - while missing some of the nice technical playing - was sleazy and real funky.
When I'd heard the first boots from US 75 I'd been shocked.But I saw them live both in 73 and 76 and there was something about those Wood gigs for shure.

I'm really happy with this new release . .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:36

The artwork is embedded in the mp3 files.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:36

GOO
What show has the extended intro to heartbreaker?

july 10th 75

Date: April 3, 2012 00:37

Koen

Not the back? (for those who wish to make a hard copy).

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:50

Honestman
silkcut1978_
...No need for me to compare Taylor and Wood again and again. Both, Brussels 73 and LA 75 have been the best releases for ages and I'm glad I'm still alive to be able to enjoy them spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

wise words and so true thumbs up

Never a more a truer and HONEST word spoken - this says it all for me - Thank you Honestman & silkcut

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: April 3, 2012 00:50

That footage looks so good, I really hope we get a bluray and/or dvd of that too in the near future!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 3, 2012 01:04

NoCode0680
Naturalust

I have slowly been changing my learned opinion from one of loving Taylor and liking Wood to a bit more complex theory. After hearing this "75 LA show I am even more convinced.

There was a day when Taylors style of endless and sometimes brilliant soloing over the songs did something for me but I have come to dislike that approach more and more as my ear matures. Ronnie was working hard to fit in in 1975, and that really shows here in this LA release. His slide work is really good, better than the later day Wood. I wonder what happened to Ronnie. Maybe drugs did take their toll on him.

My current view is that I prefer Taylor on the recorded material and prefer Wood on the live material. Taylor always seemed too loud or off in his own world during the live recordings, but his genius really iced the cake in the studio, where the levels could be mixed to everyone's satisfaction. This '75 release really upped my opinion of Ronnie. Maybe he just got too lazy, bored or "holed in" by the HUGE personalities of Keith and Mick in later years. Decided that if he wanted to stay a vital member of this band he had better be a "pleaser" and let Mick and Keith dictate his level of musical involvement.

But here in 1975 he was out on a limb, playing Taylors parts with style and really adding something. Maybe it's because we can really HEAR him in this release. He's often taking great risks, on this night they all landed with great effect. I wish I could nail it down more. I'll bet after Mick and Keith are gone (many years from now hopefully), Ronnie will talk more freely about the constraints the Glimmer Twins put on him in his later years with them. Certainly his financial problems and drug problems pushed him more toward NEEDING to comply. Back in 1975 he was a star in his own right and this releasae really shows it. Great work Ronnie!! Whoo Hoo! peace

Yeah, I don't really want to get in on Taylor vs Wood, but that's kind of my feeling as well. I think which one I like depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for Taylor's endless noodling, and sometimes I am. He's astonishingly good, but he can sometimes make songs too damn busy. There have been times I wondered if Taylor actually knew how to play the song, or if he just knew the key and soloed all over it. I think he's much better on live songs that were recorded during his time in the band. I still can't get enough of Heartbreaker from Brussels Affair. His lead guitar accentuates the song as opposed to overpowering it. But of course he's great on some songs recorded prior to him, Stray Cat Blues (although re-worked from the studio version) and SFTD from Ya-Ya's he is great on. When I'm in the mood for him he's great, but when I'm just relaxing and listening to some tunes (as opposed to putting on the headphones and wanting to really focus on some lead guitar) he makes songs to cluttered for my liking. He can make my ears tired sometimes. I do love him though, he just sometimes takes things a bit far in my opinion.

Your both right...................thumbs upthumbs up

But I have to amid that I love the difference in playing between Keith and MickT more then Keith and Ronnie, actually sometimes I don't know who is playing what Keith or Ronnie

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 3, 2012 01:08

GOO
Great footage from 75

Looks like they've cherry picked the best shots from that '75 Forum footage.

Of the clips I've seen, most of the song coverage is from cameras that are too far away.

If anything from that era comes out on video, it will probably have to be Paris '76.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: April 3, 2012 01:13

Love it...great sound and mix. This period is from some of the first live Stones I got to hear back in the day and still I feel that, while Mick's vocals are not his best, they do have that perfect sloppy feel that really just is so Rock-N-Roll while the music is perfection.

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 3, 2012 01:13

A perfect way to buy the bootleg outside US from Google:
[jajodia-saket.sjbn.co]

Date: April 3, 2012 01:36

What's the best version of 7/10/75 show?? I had the extended intro version of heart breaker on an old cassette

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 3, 2012 01:48

NoCode0680
Naturalust

I have slowly been changing my learned opinion from one of loving Taylor and liking Wood to a bit more complex theory. After hearing this "75 LA show I am even more convinced.

There was a day when Taylors style of endless and sometimes brilliant soloing over the songs did something for me but I have come to dislike that approach more and more as my ear matures. Ronnie was working hard to fit in in 1975, and that really shows here in this LA release. His slide work is really good, better than the later day Wood. I wonder what happened to Ronnie. Maybe drugs did take their toll on him.

My current view is that I prefer Taylor on the recorded material and prefer Wood on the live material. Taylor always seemed too loud or off in his own world during the live recordings, but his genius really iced the cake in the studio, where the levels could be mixed to everyone's satisfaction. This '75 release really upped my opinion of Ronnie. Maybe he just got too lazy, bored or "holed in" by the HUGE personalities of Keith and Mick in later years. Decided that if he wanted to stay a vital member of this band he had better be a "pleaser" and let Mick and Keith dictate his level of musical involvement.

But here in 1975 he was out on a limb, playing Taylors parts with style and really adding something. Maybe it's because we can really HEAR him in this release. He's often taking great risks, on this night they all landed with great effect. I wish I could nail it down more. I'll bet after Mick and Keith are gone (many years from now hopefully), Ronnie will talk more freely about the constraints the Glimmer Twins put on him in his later years with them. Certainly his financial problems and drug problems pushed him more toward NEEDING to comply. Back in 1975 he was a star in his own right and this releasae really shows it. Great work Ronnie!! Whoo Hoo! peace

Yeah, I don't really want to get in on Taylor vs Wood, but that's kind of my feeling as well. I think which one I like depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for Taylor's endless noodling, and sometimes I am. He's astonishingly good, but he can sometimes make songs too damn busy. There have been times I wondered if Taylor actually knew how to play the song, or if he just knew the key and soloed all over it. I think he's much better on live songs that were recorded during his time in the band. I still can't get enough of Heartbreaker from Brussels Affair. His lead guitar accentuates the song as opposed to overpowering it. But of course he's great on some songs recorded prior to him, Stray Cat Blues (although re-worked from the studio version) and SFTD from Ya-Ya's he is great on. When I'm in the mood for him he's great, but when I'm just relaxing and listening to some tunes (as opposed to putting on the headphones and wanting to really focus on some lead guitar) he makes songs to cluttered for my liking. He can make my ears tired sometimes. I do love him though, he just sometimes takes things a bit far in my opinion.

I think what's really great is that these archive releases are finally balancing out the scales for the Taylor vs Wood wars. Even though some people had the bootlegs in subpar quality, there just wasn't enough officially released material out there supporting Ronnie's work with the Stones. "Love You Life" sort of did it..."Still Life" didn't do it...nor "Flashpoint" "Stripped" or "No Security." These archive releases are finally giving us a chance to hear Ronnie. I'm not expecting everyone to turn in their Taylor badges but it's worth noting that these recordigns are making us more aware just how effective Ronnie was at his job and how he wasn't as inferior to Taylor as we've all believed all these years...

Date: April 3, 2012 01:49

kevinkamphuis
A perfect way to buy the bootleg outside US from Google:
[jajodia-saket.sjbn.co]

It's not your daddy's audience boot, it's the real deal...just sayin'.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 3, 2012 01:50

they cherry pick songs from all the releases,even ya yas is recorded over 2 nights at the garden so thats no big deal.theres a song on love you live thats from a toronto show i was at in 75 even though the disc says lyl is from paris in 76.

we had a wtf moment when love you live came out because my friend recorded the toronto show and you can really tell its the same,the talking,the intro all identical.

anyway,it doesnt matter which shows and what songs they combine as long as its all from the run of shows in LA in 75 and gives everyone a good accounting of the band.

i saw a handful of shows on that tour and believe the stones were REALLY,REALLY GREAT then. its a shame there isnt a ladies and gentleman type film because it just isnt as well documented as it should have been for how they were playing at that stage of the game.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 3, 2012 02:17

Has anyone confirmed that the release is indeed all from the run of shows in LA? I'll be interested in see the breakdown of which night and where each song was recorded.

It sounds like it's possible they tried to smooth that information over during the Love You Live release. If true, it would seem they did it too make us all believe they were capable of putting out that number quality of songs at a single venue. Something "the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World" would be keen to have the ability to do.

Now that they are older and more secure in their human-ness and position in the world of Rock bands, they may be ok with letting the truth of it out. I don't think for one red hot minute that Mick wasn't aware of just this tactic and the information on the release tightly controlled by His Knightly self. peace

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 3, 2012 02:25

shadooby
Koen

Not the back? (for those who wish to make a hard copy).

Ah, I see what you mean. No, just the front.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 02:45

Tornandfrayed
, it seems like they even kept that glorius trainwreck version of Happy. Hopefully, they left Mick´s in between song talk ("I think I´m gonna to take a sh*t now") intact as well.

Where and when does Mick say this? He says "I was gunna doing nothing" before he intros Keith

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 3, 2012 02:58

deardoctortake1
Tornandfrayed
, it seems like they even kept that glorius trainwreck version of Happy. Hopefully, they left Mick´s in between song talk ("I think I´m gonna to take a sh*t now") intact as well.

Where and when does Mick say this? He says "I was gunna doing nothing" before he intros Keith

Before Happy.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 3, 2012 03:09

lem motlow

anyway,it doesnt matter which shows and what songs they combine as long as its all from the run of shows in LA in 75 and gives everyone a good accounting of the band.

i saw a handful of shows on that tour and believe the stones were REALLY,REALLY GREAT then. its a shame there isnt a ladies and gentleman type film because it just isnt as well documented as it should have been for how they were playing at that stage of the game.

Yeah, they missed a big chance by not doing a docu about the 75 tour. But I think after Altamont and C. Blues they were kinda disapointed and afraid to do another US tourfilm at that time.
But, - a TOTA tour docu starting with doing Brown sugar on the back of a lorry, great looking and interacting Stones (with new member Wood) and the best (Lotus)stage and concert opening could have been a classic!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 03:21

I'm going to try and re-download this, my copy must be bad. Only one person heard the static and said it wasn't bad enough to be distracting, but it's very distracting on mine. I didn't think much of it at first because I thought it might just be my computer, but I put this on my iPod and it's even worse on there. It's bad enough that I'm almost positive it has to be just on mine because I can't imagine them actually releasing it like this. It's not constant, but when it pops up (like halfway through TD and lasting through IORR) it's extremely annoying.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 3, 2012 03:27

Justin

I think what's really great is that these archive releases are finally balancing out the scales for the Taylor vs Wood wars.

Indeed. Also, before live in texas was released you'd hear people saying stuff like "the only people who like the 78 tour were people who weren't old enough to be there because if you were there you'd see that it really sucked"...ect, ect. You don't hear people say that any more.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 04:06 by ryanpow.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: April 3, 2012 03:39

Oh man, this version of Gimme Shelter is unbelievable...

Now if I could tone down Billy Preston...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 03:41 by micwer.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 3, 2012 03:43

The 75 tour has the best version of ADTL. This version is no exception.

starfuKer is still best in 78 in my book however.

Something ive noticed from this release that I didn't on the bootleg is when Jagger sings really loud into the mic, there's a slight distortion, kind of a static. I actually like it though, it creates a warmth to the sound.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 04:07 by ryanpow.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home