Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: just saw Ian Hunter and the Rant Band....and Graham Parker..
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: March 31, 2012 09:54

the place: Brooklyn, NY
the time: 30 March, 2012
the artists: Graham Parker (solo acoustic); Ian Hunter and the Rant Band
the cause: donations towards the medical expenses of the Graham Maby's family:
info: Graham (most well know for being The bass player for Joe Jackson) has recently lost his wife to cancer.

Graham Parker was a real treat. His voice still shines in its' unique way. He has some very good songs/lyrics.. "Passion is no Ordinary Word"... crowd liked the old and new stuff.. approx 1 hr on stage.

The "Meat and Potatoes" we were here for, as G. Parker had earlier exclaimed, came on to a rousing welcome.. the All American Alien boy camed to rock tonight! Don't mention his age, just show him the stage and he can sock your rocks off better than just about anyone else on this planet!...it was definitely More than ...Just Another Night.. Cleveland Rocks!! (does it still, Ian asks?)...Once Bitten, Twice Shy (babe)...I Wish I was your Mother...When the Daylight Comes!!(rarely played I was told, and it was cool because I had sent an email to Mr. Hunter earlier in the week to request it*) Sweet Jane! the newer stuff was very good, too, and alot of this NY crowd seemed to know it, which added to the atmosphere. Brilliant encores included Roll Away the Stone, Saturday Gigs, and of course...Dudes! for the finale, Graham Maby was on stage singing with the synth player, and Mick Ronson's daughter was also singing harmony along with Graham Parker and a couple of others I couldn't recognize. (approx 1 hr. 45 mins onstage).

A very special evening and I highly recommend seeing Ian Hunter and the Rant Band!

* I actually think he played it for Mick Ronson's daughter as Mick and Ian sung that song together on the recording (Mick singing the harmony)

Peace out from NY city!

Re: OT: just saw Ian Hunter and the Rant Band....and Graham Parker..
Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 31, 2012 16:31

Sounds like a sweet double bill. What was the venue?

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: March 31, 2012 17:58

ab
Sounds like a sweet double bill. What was the venue?

a place called the Bell House, a converted old warehouse - I would say holds a 500 hundred people (?) - was sold out.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 31, 2012 21:38

What a great double bill....dueling sunglasses!

I saw Ian Hunter about a year ago, and it was a revelation. The man has still GOT IT, and his last two CDs have top drawer stuff in them. I recommend him to anyone.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 31, 2012 23:11

loog droog

I saw Ian Hunter about a year ago, and it was a revelation. The man has still GOT IT, and his last two CDs have top drawer stuff in them. I recommend him to anyone.

Seconded.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 1, 2012 00:16

Sounds like you had a great time. Good for you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: April 1, 2012 06:05

Braincapers
loog droog

Seconded.

Couldn't agree more. Saw three of the Mott reunion shows back in '09 and it was magic. Apparently Ian's next album is done and ready to go. And Parker's no slouch either, of course. I still love Squeezing Out Sparks and much of the early stuff but have to confess I haven't kept up on his more recent work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home