Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Recording effect on Mick's vocal...
Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: April 23, 2020 17:22

For you in the technical know, what is the effect I hear on Mick's vocals on most Blue & Lonesome songs and other later Stones studio recordings? I don't mind it but it sometimes feels a little too much of a distance from how he really sounds? Less twan, sounds like he's in the hull of a tanker ship or something....?

Re: Recording effect on Mick's vocal...
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:59

longlongwinter
For you in the technical know, what is the effect I hear on Mick's vocals on most Blue & Lonesome songs and other later Stones studio recordings? I don't mind it but it sometimes feels a little too much of a distance from how he really sounds? Less twan, sounds like he's in the hull of a tanker ship or something....?
That's a pretty good description and if I had to wager a bet I would say it is some kind of masking device or something to take some perceived edge off his voice , which to me sounds as good as ever . Versus how sometimes in the old days when they would do marathon world tours his voice could get shot ,but the consummate pro that Sir Mick is always knows how to compensate for it and still deliver a very high quality and very efficient product . I would take the Rolling Stones on a off night versus any other band when they are supposedly "on"

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: April 24, 2020 18:16

Thanks

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 24, 2020 18:22

Reverb?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home