Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT ~ Aerosmith Announce 'Global Warming' Tour Dates
Date: March 28, 2012 06:30

And again Stones bashing not permitted on a site that's Stones related. Get over it people the Stones are washed up. The sooner you come to terms the better.

Date: March 28, 2012 06:31

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
treaclefingers
21stcenturystones
if you haven't seen em...do it. best "live" band by far

there is band called the Rolling Stones I've heard has also been quite good.

if you ognore the fact mick jagger can't vocally carry a show and half a dozen extra musicians on stage to help the rest of the stones out then yes

Mick Jagger doesn't cheat with his or the Stones' vocals though. That's something that can't be ognored.

it is pretty clear steven tyler is not cheating the live vocals or there wouldn't be bum notes sometimes.

Date: March 28, 2012 06:47

keefriffhard4life - yes it's all live. but keef we better watch it treacle and sweetcharmed are insistant that Tyler is flawed in some way and Jagger is not...we better head for the hills!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: March 28, 2012 07:01

I would love to see Aerosmith in concert

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: March 28, 2012 07:02

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
treaclefingers
21stcenturystones

if you ognore the fact mick jagger can't vocally carry a show and half a dozen extra musicians on stage to help the rest of the stones out then yes

Mick Jagger doesn't cheat with his or the Stones' vocals though. That's something that can't be ognored.

it is pretty clear steven tyler is not cheating the live vocals or there wouldn't be bum notes sometimes.

Jagger doesn't use studio recordings to 'beef up' his live vocals nor backing vocals like Aerosmith do/does.

Date: March 28, 2012 07:21

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
treaclefingers
21stcenturystones

Jagger doesn't use studio recordings to 'beef up' his live vocals nor backing vocals like Aerosmith do/does.

please post an aerosmith video that supports your statement. i have seen them many times and have many bootlegs and there are bum notes on plenty of songs and really off chorus harmonies sometimes between steven, joe and the touring keyboard player

Date: March 28, 2012 07:23

also i corrrect ognored. sorry i was typing on a brand new laptop where the 10 keypad is next to the regular keys so everthing is like a space off. didn't take a genius to figure that out

Date: March 28, 2012 08:35

not to worry keef......

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 28, 2012 11:49

keefriffhard4life

please post an aerosmith video that supports your statement. i have seen them many times and have many bootlegs and there are bum notes on plenty of songs and really off chorus harmonies sometimes between steven, joe and the touring keyboard player

What is the world coming to ... Now we're pointing out mistakes and off-key singing to actually promote our favourite artists ...

Date: March 28, 2012 12:00

LieB
keefriffhard4life

What is the world coming to ... Now we're pointing out mistakes and off-key singing to actually promote our favourite artists ...

i'm pointing out it can't be studio trickery if there are bum notes. i can tell when someone is singing live and tyler is.

Date: March 28, 2012 12:50

keefriffhard4life
LieB
keefriffhard4life

i'm pointing out it can't be studio trickery if there are bum notes. i can tell when someone is singing live and tyler is.

Of course it can! But the singing on tape (back up vocals) remain in key, of course...

Date: March 28, 2012 16:02

Crap song, I know, but listen to the harmony - it's a studio Tyler.

Date: March 28, 2012 16:04

They did it even on LETTERMAN.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHLfdXvJHp4

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: March 28, 2012 17:05

ask them if they're going to play for more than 90 minutes this time

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 28, 2012 17:57

ven when they were at their apex (late 70's) thy were overrated.
"The American Rolling Stones" yeah sure...

Date: March 28, 2012 18:47

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

wow you posted a professionally shot clip. first off this looks like its from something that got released by the band on dvd so the extra vocals could be overdubed after it was filmed. second only 1 part do the harmonies sound like tyler, the rest of the time it sounds like the bands touring keyboard player. finally there are lots of tricks you can do live to someones voice like delay, reverb and they are even able double someones voice by flipping a switch so it could easily at the end of the song just be the sound guy doubling steves live voice. seen it done for sebastian bach at a tiny bar in front of 900 people with a crap soubdboard

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 30, 2012 01:38

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

wow you posted a professionally shot clip. first off this looks like its from something that got released by the band on dvd so the extra vocals could be overdubed after it was filmed. second only 1 part do the harmonies sound like tyler, the rest of the time it sounds like the bands touring keyboard player. finally there are lots of tricks you can do live to someones voice like delay, reverb and they are even able double someones voice by flipping a switch so it could easily at the end of the song just be the sound guy doubling steves live voice. seen it done for sebastian bach at a tiny bar in front of 900 people with a crap soubdboard

me thinks thou dost protest too much.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 30, 2012 02:30

i found the guys to be very cool - and grounded - and serious about their business - brad whiford was absent - on the road in a hendrix tribute - sitting with steven and joe- i kinda wish it was the way mick and keith came off- that is to say - they seem like brothers - they bust each bother's chops a bit over who has the better memory - they are not afraid to genuinely disagree - but there is true love there - when joe looks at him, then looks at you and says - "40 something years - do you realize what i have been through with this guy? Since we were teenagers - I mean, this guy is my whole adult life, like or not - he makes me nuts sometimes, but listen to what we have done together. we are definitely better together"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-30 02:30 by hbwriter.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 30, 2012 03:43

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-30 06:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 30, 2012 06:19

keefriffhard4life
wow you posted a professionally shot clip.

There are plenty to chose from. I posted ONE. Professional or not has no relevance. Except for you, of course. Your weak argument.

keefriffhard4life
first off this looks like its from something that got released by the band on dvd so the extra vocals could be overdubed after it was filmed.

First off, irrelevant. Second - irrelevant. Even if it was overdubbed in a studio after, it's just as bad as the Stones' live albums with their overdubs. How do you explain the Letterman Tyler harmony? Key wizardy from Paul?

keefriffhard4life
second only 1 part do the harmonies sound like tyler, the rest of the time it sounds like the bands touring keyboard player.

Oh yes there are videos 'showing' them without studio recording harmonies. But it's been long known that they use studio recordings to fill out their sound. Aerosmith are of that ilk that use triggers - and they've never stopped.

keefriffhard4life
finally there are lots of tricks you can do live to someones voice like delay, reverb and they are even able double someones voice by flipping a switch so it could easily at the end of the song just be the sound guy doubling steves live voice. seen it done for sebastian bach at a tiny bar in front of 900 people with a crap soubdboard

You're really really stretching it there. That's not sounding like a harmony, those things you mentioned, none of which is clearly happening, something you obviously can't discern.

I have nothing against Aerosmith nor do I dislike them. You are just having trouble accepting a truth about them for some reason. Why don't you talk to some U2 fans, who know U2 does this and there's no acting like they don't?

Date: March 30, 2012 06:34

almost every band has studio overdubs on live albums, the stones, aerosmith, cheap trick, judas priest, kiss, etc all have live albums with overdubs so no clue why you are acting like its a new thing that only a handful of bands are doing.

next off you did post 1 clip but the 1 clip is clearly from a dvd released by the band so no doubt it was doctored after it was recorded so no way to tell how it sounded at the moment he sang it

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 30, 2012 07:20

Life is too short to be arguing about a poop band like Aerosmith. The cliche's of Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones mixed together just gives you a whole lotta wrong.

There are far more important things to be worrying about like the next stonesarchive release or which quote of the day shall we take cheap shots at Keith about!?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 30, 2012 10:47

hbwriter
i found the guys to be very cool - and grounded - and serious about their business - brad whiford was absent - on the road in a hendrix tribute - sitting with steven and joe- i kinda wish it was the way mick and keith came off- that is to say - they seem like brothers - they bust each bother's chops a bit over who has the better memory - they are not afraid to genuinely disagree - but there is true love there - when joe looks at him, then looks at you and says - "40 something years - do you realize what i have been through with this guy? Since we were teenagers - I mean, this guy is my whole adult life, like or not - he makes me nuts sometimes, but listen to what we have done together. we are definitely better together"

That's awesome, Chris! Hope you can see past all the nutties in here going on and on about backing tracks and Stones rip-offs... I really appreciate your work and you keeping us updated!

I agree that -- from what I've seen in interviews and read in books -- Steven and Joe act closer to each other than Mick and Keith. The Glimmer Twins come across as sadly distanced from each other these days. I remember this interview with Jagger in which he talked about the 80s and how he and Keith "made up" again for the Steel Wheels album. The interviewer asked something like "Have you talked about it later" and Jagger replied "No ... which is very British, I think" and then laughed. Steven and Joe, on the other hand, they bust each others ball, twitter, talk, rand and do "therapy" in the media, etc.

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: March 30, 2012 15:29

This is a Stones board ! Aeros#*th doesn't belong in the same category as the Stones!!

Date: March 30, 2012 15:41

LieB
hbwriter

That's awesome, Chris! Hope you can see past all the nutties in here going on and on about backing tracks and Stones rip-offs... I really appreciate your work and you keeping us updated!

I agree that -- from what I've seen in interviews and read in books -- Steven and Joe act closer to each other than Mick and Keith. The Glimmer Twins come across as sadly distanced from each other these days. I remember this interview with Jagger in which he talked about the 80s and how he and Keith "made up" again for the Steel Wheels album. The interviewer asked something like "Have you talked about it later" and Jagger replied "No ... which is very British, I think" and then laughed. Steven and Joe, on the other hand, they bust each others ball, twitter, talk, rand and do "therapy" in the media, etc.

Thanks, LieB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-31 00:48 by hbwriter.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 30, 2012 16:25

Max'sKansasCity

Nice guitar work on this by Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter of Lou Reed and Alice Cooper fame. (You didn't think that was Joe and Brad, did you?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-30 16:32 by tatters.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 30, 2012 16:48

tatters
Max'sKansasCity

Nice guitar work on this by Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter of Lou Reed and Alice Cooper fame. (You didn't think that was Joe and Brad, did you?)

I did.

Date: March 30, 2012 19:15

my first piece from the other day - with Joey Kramer - more later with the other guys

[www.noisecreep.com]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 30, 2012 21:42

Elmo Lewis
tatters
Max'sKansasCity

I did.

I had no idea who it was.....
I will have to peak at the credits on the LP....now wheres that box of records?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 31, 2012 02:18

First, Chris, thanks for sharing! I love your work! Can't wait to read the rest. Second, 21STCentury, you come into a STONES site, pissin all over the band and you don't think anyone will take offense? Just as long as you know that WE know some folks just spew S*** to get reactions, so basically get over it and move on.
And for those of you with ears, AEROSMITH sounds nothing like the Stones, not NOW, not ever. Sure, Tyler admires the Stones but he can't help the physical resemblance to a certain other lead singer...back in the day, not so much now.I really hope their new cd will redeem them. Oh, and today they added one one show on June 29...the Times Union Center, Albany, NY....it will be the one I go to! 45 minutes from my door!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home