Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Errors in lyric videos - Gimme Shelter from ABKCO
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 7, 2020 05:19

I will never learn how to embed videos in postings...

[youtu.be]

I have seen many errors in various lyric videos and this one is interesting, and I think it's huge.

The line, "Burns like a red coat carpet" should be "Burns like a red coal carpet." Why is that and what does it mean?

Here is my take on it:

People that grew up in the 50s and 60s would watch World War II documentaries on TV all the time. That's when the whole family would gather 'round the one TV. You would see British war archive film of the night bombing raids over Germany. Towards the end of the war there was continuous night bombing of the major cities like Berlin and Hamburg with massive armadas of bombers. The film footage was eerie. Seeing the major German cities from 20,000 feet up, with buildings on fire everywhere, it looked like a giant carpet of red hot coals. It's truly one of the horrific images of war, and it's burned into the collective consciousness of perhaps two or three generations.

Re: Errors in lyric videos - Gimme Shelter from ABKCO
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 7, 2020 16:18

Walking on hot coals

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 7, 2020 17:26

MileHigh

You mean, like this?

When you paste the link, before hitting Post Message, the address shows, starting with ‘https...’. Just remove the ‘s’ and post. I’d be smug, but that’s literally the only tech thing I know.

Date: April 7, 2020 19:18

SomeTorontoGirl
MileHigh

You mean, like this?

When you paste the link, before hitting Post Message, the address shows, starting with ‘https...’. Just remove the ‘s’ and post. I’d be smug, but that’s literally the only tech thing I know.

Thanks very much!

Date: April 7, 2020 19:25

Checking to see if I can pull this off!

An ode to better times ahead, when we can walk around with flowers in our hair and celebrate the wonder of life...

[youtu.be]

Date: April 7, 2020 19:25

Oh well.... lol

Date: April 7, 2020 19:29

Second try for happiness!

Ah-Ha! I took the link from the browser address bar and not the link from right-clicking in the video window.

Gotta get those 1967 vibes going all!

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: April 8, 2020 22:24

You really should not believe anything you're told:

I always understood "red coal carpet". Then I saw the ABKCO video and thought, oh well, another fantasy of mine laid to rest. So "red coat carpet" is it then.

Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home