Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Article/pics on 1975 Keith and Ron visit to Gibson Guitars
Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: April 3, 2020 15:35

Wasn't sure if anyone had scene this: it's a nice article on Keith and Ron's visit to the Gibson factory during the 1975 tour.

(FYI: I wonder what happened to that gorgeous cherry burst L5-S Flametop Keith is checking out!)

[www.mlive.com]

Re: Article/pics on 1975 Keith and Ron visit to Gibson Guitars
Date: April 3, 2020 17:39

It always strikes me in those '74, '75 pics that Ron must have still been on the low budget pirate look; like a coast-cutter Keith LOL. His assemblies don't always gel. He also still needed to lose a bit more weight to pull it off.
Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the topic. But that is what stuck with me from the 4-5 shots that exist of their visit. It looks like Keith cam straight from the stage. be interesting to see stage shots from the gig right before the visit.
In the pics Keith and Ron don't seem too interested when a guy is holding up a skeleton body of a guitar. technicalities...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 3, 2020 18:31

Deja -Vu for me , as I visited Gibson Custom last September and seeing the safety glasses that I was given at the beginning of my appt. I am supposed to go again for my next appt. but now with COVID-19 who knows ?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 3, 2020 18:53

"Jack French is pretty diplomatic when he describes Keith Richards' condition.

"He struggled," French said with a laugh. "He'd walk a few feet and then fall down."

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: April 4, 2020 07:21

Keith looks horrid, holding his bag close to him.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 4, 2020 07:46

….. don't worry keith's got a walkin cane …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 4, 2020 22:30

I wonder if they broke out the intro to Stairway to Heaven while they were there?

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 5, 2020 01:57

Ronnie pretending ta be Napoleon …….

ROCKMAN

Date: April 5, 2020 05:26

From the photos anyway, both Keith and Ronnie seem to look pretty together. Looks like they are appreciating what they are being shown, at least minus that one pic of the skeleton guitar, where looks like the photographer caught them at the wrong moment.

jb

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 5, 2020 09:12

I got sick and couldn’t go to Chicago so I went to the first Detroit show on the 27th.i remember Keith was wearing black leathers with a jersey style black shirt that had a really cool silver pattern on the front that reflected when the spotlights hit it.
Here he’s wearing his tan leathers that he tucked into his boots,I think he was wearing those in Milwaukee.
Those places are all pretty close, Kazoo as they call it, Chicago, Detroit and Bloomington etc so the Gibson stop could’ve been anywhere in there.
Those tours were basically Coke binges with 2 hour breaks each night for a show with Keith and Ronnie staying up for days.
Seeing him still in his stage clothes isn’t that unusual,they might have kept going and did another gig that night.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 6, 2020 03:28

Poor Keith. He doesn't look very elegant. Sweet and attentive, I will give him that. I wonder how much of his condition there would be sleep deprivation. I wonder if Keith got stoned just from staying awake.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 6, 2020 04:53

Amazing that Keith could perform music at such a high level while in that condition

Date: April 6, 2020 05:15

shit, he is keith Richards.

jb

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 6, 2020 09:15

jbwelda
shit, he is keith Richards.

jb

Exactly- and a 28 year old Ronnie Wood on his first Stones Tour.give the boy credit. He was pretty much “ I ain’t leavin this party, EVER”

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home