Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Lockdown Live - Ben Waters New Live Show
Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 18, 2020 17:31

OT: The Lockdown Live - Ben Waters New Live Show - Aimed at helping Musicians who have lost all there gigs through these tough times, & to link up people self isolating

I have posted in other chats, But Ben has made it more official with a new name etc, lets hope Mick,Keith and Ronnie appear live from home!!! (No chance of Charlie)

THE LOCKDOWN LIVE - A NEW MUSIC AND CHAT SHOW

Aimed at helping musicians who have lost their gigs & conecting with people in Lockdown!
Click to join the Lockdown tonight for £2 - Live between 8pm and 9pmish

Hi Everyone, here is the link you need for tonight for my new live music show, The Lock Down!!

Its aim is to give musicians gigs and help us all get through these terrible times, my musical friends and I have lost all our work, rock n roll holidays has had so many trips postponed, I thought I would set this up and help myself and all of my friends who have lost there work!

Also to say hi to all of you who are on lock down, Come and join the party - its between 8pm and 9pm ish!!! and costs £2

We had a trial last night that went very well, but tonight is the official opening. I will be joined by Jack Daniels, the crew of Kyle Best, Chandler, Catherine and of course my lovely wife Ruth (I haven't checked with her yet, but I am hoping she is coming).

A few of you had difficulties signing on last night, the general consensus is when you go to pay, don't sign into paypal and use that to pay, check out as a guest and use a credit card, that way the transaction is instant and you can watch straight away, a lot couldn't get on but we had a few hundred or so that watched!. I recommend sign on at 7.45 and just wait for us to join you at 8pm, this just gives you time if there is any difficulties signing on.

Whilst the show is on you can email questions, requests to benwaters1@aol.com, you can post on Facebook and we should see it, you can text 07789502263. I should point out this isn't just helping musicians , Kyle and Chandler have lost all there work as the Tivoli Theatre has shut down, they are brilliant. Several of you have said £1 or £2 is too little, BUT there is a lot of other people who have lost all there work too, so we want everyone to be able to join us. There will be a donate button if you want to pay more as the lovely Sarah Coyne did yesterday THANK YOU!!! You made everyones day and actually with your donation we made all of the set up costs back. THANKS!!!

Its Micky Biggs Live on the 19th March,
Jack Daniels and Benny Wain on the 20th
The amazing Sam Kelly on the 21st
Amy has been postponed, but we will be running every night with different musicians, please recommend people that can come in,
Please share, tell your friends, Me and all the musicians are very grateful to you for joining us for this party!! Thank You Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-20 16:16 by bv.

Re: OT: The Lockdown Live - Ben Waters New Live Show - Aimed at helping Musicians who have lost all there gigs through these tough times, & to link up people self isolating
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 20, 2020 03:46

This beats me for the longest thread title on IORR. Right, Rockman?

plexi

Re: OT: The Lockdown Live - Ben Waters New Live Show - Aimed at helping Musicians who have lost all there gigs through these tough times, & to link up people self isolating
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 20, 2020 04:06

….., yeah Tim … uk has out-worded ya …

ROCKMAN

Ben Waters lockdownlive.biz
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 3, 2020 02:36

Hi everyone, in these dark times there are a few things that can help lift the load whilst we're in lockdown. One if the best ways is to listen to live gigs from musicians who currently have no income. One of them is my great friend Ben Waters, some of whom you know from Ronnie's gigs last year and years before that with ABCD of Boogie with Charlie, Boogie for Stu with all of the Stones. He's doing a live show every night from home, 8.00pm to 9.00pm (ish) and you can access it through lockdownlive.biz, it costs just £2 and it's a lot of fun. Tune in today (3rd April) if you can as it's my 65th birthday and I'm having a virtual birthday party whilst listening to Ben. Stay safe everyone !!

Satisfied since 1976

Re: Ben Waters lockdownlive.biz
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 3, 2020 06:17

That's London time? I would love to tune in to it. Thanks.

jb

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 3, 2020 14:42

Watched one of these the other night: Ben on keyboards and his son Tom on sax. Good fun for £2.

[www.lockdownlive.biz]

You can sign up and pay anytime, then they will email you a code to log in with when the broadcast starts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-03 14:47 by Green Lady.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 3, 2020 15:04

Happy birthday, Chris!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 3, 2020 15:36

sounds fun, i be there smiling smiley))

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: April 3, 2020 16:57

Happy Birthday Chris!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 3, 2020 20:23

Thanks, guys. I've been in lockdown with a bottle of Prosecco the last hour, looking forward to Ben tonight. also micky Biggs live on facebook at 6.30 if you get a chance to hear him. Fantastic guitarist and singer, again played with Ben and Ronnie numerous times.
Chers everyone !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home