Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If there would be a track and field championship for people over 75..
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 1, 2020 14:35

..do you think Mick would win it? (no drug tests)

Re: If there would be a track and field championship for people over 75..
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 1, 2020 14:50

NilsHolgersson

..do you think Mick would win it?

Probably - but there are also other people of his age-class who are very fit sports-wise, e.g. Marathoner - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 1, 2020 15:53

Mick is fit, for sure, but he is by no means superfit. He does not run for hours every day, like some do, even if they are in their 70's and 80's.

I have been competing in uphill races, and regular 10k and 21k. There are some amazingly strong men and women in their 70's and 80's who are simply superstrong. They are skinny like Mick, they have been running and training all their life, and they are amazingly strong.

Bjornulf

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 1, 2020 16:25

bv
Mick is fit, for sure, but he is by no means superfit. He does not run for hours every day, like some do, even if they are in their 70's and 80's.

I have been competing in uphill races, and regular 10k and 21k. There are some amazingly strong men and women in their 70's and 80's who are simply superstrong. They are skinny like Mick, they have been running and training all their life, and they are amazingly strong.

He may not run for hours everyday but he clearly works out using varying methods most days. I've read he has said "hours of torture everyday". He added that he doesn't do anything "crazy", but does work out at least 5 days per week. Bravo. He is my hero.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 1, 2020 21:29

steffialicia
bv

He may not run for hours everyday but he clearly works out using varying methods most days. I've read he has said "hours of torture everyday". He added that he doesn't do anything "crazy", but does work out at least 5 days per week. Bravo. He is my hero.

Indeed fantastic. But truly, he really doesn't have a choice if he ever wants to go on tour. It reminds me of an experience I had some 19 years ago. I thought I was in a pretty good shape at 53, while climbing a holy mountain near Xian, when I was overtaken by this very skinny, old (!) Chinese man carrying bags full with filled water bottles to the kiosk at the top of that mountain (outdoor temperature 35 Celsius). I eventually also made it to the top, but "in shock". Later I forgave myself when I realised that this old man probably did that climb 365 days in a year.
Practice >grinning smiley<

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 2, 2020 00:45

How is he not superfit? I've watched videos of Fauja Singh running the marathon. Somehow I don't believe he's actually 109 years old. He must have added 20 years to his age!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1559
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home