Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Morphing From Hard Rock to Soft Rock
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 7, 2020 16:04

Do not get me wrong. I enjoy a great Stones classic like You Got Me Rocking, Satisfaction, Rough Justice, and Gimme Shelter every now and then.

I could easily have bought tickets to see the Stones in the USA this summer, but chose not to. Instead I have tickets to see America on March 12, and would have seen James Taylor in June had it not been for a previous commitment. I love Diana Krall and shun Joan Jett and the fast music of Taylor Swift. I listen to the ballads of the Stones such as Angie and Love in Vain much more often than before.

Am I the only person like this ? Is there something wrong with me ?

Re: Morphing From Hard Rock to Soft Rock
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 7, 2020 16:10

Yes! There’s something terribly wrong with you. You’re getting old and losing your mojo and...dammit! I’m going to see James Taylor next month! eye popping smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 7, 2020 17:09

In the german version of the Rockumentary "Just for the record" the narrator translated "Rocks Off" as "Walk Soft" wait how did I get here

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 7, 2020 17:17

flilflam
Do not get me wrong. I enjoy a great Stones classic like You Got Me Rocking, Satisfaction, Rough Justice, and Gimme Shelter every now and then.

I could easily have bought tickets to see the Stones in the USA this summer, but chose not to. Instead I have tickets to see America on March 12, and would have seen James Taylor in June had it not been for a previous commitment. I love Diana Krall and shun Joan Jett and the fast music of Taylor Swift. I listen to the ballads of the Stones such as Angie and Love in Vain much more often than before.

not a Jethro Tull fan but.....too old to rock 'n roll, too young to die?

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 7, 2020 17:29

As the saying goes, "If you think it's too loud you're gettin' old." Of course, my hearings shot because of listening to music too loud for years. It's why Costco has the best bang for the buck regarding hearing aids. On another note, my music mixes feature all kinds of music so there's soft sounds, medium sounds and "kick out the jams, mofu" sounds, so my ears aren't perpetually assaulted.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2020 20:25

You completely lost me when you sighted YGMR as a classic.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2020 20:30

…..avocado and Stones-Cops & Robbers for breakfast …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 7, 2020 20:32

YGMR Is an excellent rock song.

Date: March 7, 2020 20:33

…. wiv great image flippin' lyrics …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 7, 2020 23:03

"Soft Rock" always seemed to me like a contradiction in terms.

Years ago there was a radio station in L.A.--the kind that you'd hear playing in the waiting room at the dentist--that had the slogan, "Rockin' You Softly."

Which is kind of like saying, "F**king You Limply."

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 7, 2020 23:24

I love James Taylor and Joan Jett.

Yeah, some times I'm in the mood to rock out, other times mellow out.....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 8, 2020 00:55

flilflam
a great Stones classic like You Got Me Rocking

smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2020 03:46

KeithNacho

I was a troller, spouting out tropes!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 8, 2020 04:25

Well I been to the desert on a horse with no Neil

jb

Date: March 8, 2020 04:47

treaclefingers
KeithNacho

I was a troller, spouting out tropes!

it's a long way to the top if you wanna troll

Date: March 8, 2020 05:33

...It's a looooooong way to the shop if ya wanna sausage roll ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 8, 2020 11:15

ok boomer

Date: March 8, 2020 11:35

NilsHolgersson
ok boomer

you know just like, in general

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 8, 2020 14:05

flilflam

I just went and saw Michael Buble, because the wife wanted to. And I LOVED him...

Rod

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 8, 2020 14:15

treaclefingers

that song is like a trigger for me...I hate it.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 9, 2020 18:24

treaclefingers

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 9, 2020 18:31

Joan Jett is awesome.

don't give a damn about my bad reputation.....

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 06:00

im hoping to see some roger waters, david gilmour and nick mason stuff in the next year or 2, ive been getting into early pink floyd these last few weeks, some of the early stuff is fantastic, but for me the stones will always rock better, louder and faster than anyone, but a bit of diversity isnt a bad thing now and again.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 10, 2020 16:31

flilflam

Know what? -That`s exactly how I feel, but I would skip Diana Krall, Joan Jett and Taylor Swift. You sure have heard The Eagles, -real soft rock! I seldom hear people get excited about this genre. I have also discovered early Deep Purple with their kind of naive prog style. Do you see the line; psychedelia gets prog gets heavy metal?

In addition, there is the whole world of easy listening and adult "contemporary"!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: March 10, 2020 16:53

Funny, the other day I tried to listen to Christopher Cross and it did not work. I have been listening to grunge when I do not listen to the stones. For me as I get older I listen to grunge and hard rock more it just keeps me more focused on the music.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 14, 2020 05:16

Soft rock is an oxymoron, 'taint no rock at all.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 14, 2020 10:11

SomeTorontoGirl
Yes! There’s something terribly wrong with you. You’re getting old and losing your mojo and...dammit! I’m going to see James Taylor next month! eye popping smiley

That will probably get cancelled. People keep saying that this crisis will take months to resolve.

I was hoping to see Gordon Lightfoot in Buffalo in June just a couple days before the Stones but...have you ever seen him?

Has anyone seen Gordon Lightfoot in the past year?

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: March 14, 2020 10:20

The Sicilian
SomeTorontoGirl

That will probably get cancelled. People keep saying that this crisis will take months to resolve.

I was hoping to see Gordon Lightfoot in Buffalo in June just a couple days before the Stones but...have you ever seen him?

Has anyone seen Gordon Lightfoot in the past year?

I thought he died years ago, Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald & some great tunes, Canadian, it's cold there, big bears and snow

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 14, 2020 13:40

The Sicilian
... I was hoping to see Gordon Lightfoot in Buffalo in June just a couple days before the Stones but...have you ever seen him? Has anyone seen Gordon Lightfoot in the past year?

I’ve seen Gord twice at Massey Hall - the first in the mid-70s was my first time there, and the second was the last performance at Massey on Canada Day 2018, before it closed for restoration. Gord looks so frail, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but he was still pretty good.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2020 23:51

Never heard him referred to simply as Gord...must be a Canadian thing?
My sister saw him a couple of years ago and also said he looks very frail, but sounded good.
I liked several of his tunes back in the '70's...Sundown, Carefree Highway, Read My Mind, Edmund Fitzgerald, etc.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home