Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger's polaroids by Andy Warhol
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 9, 2010 22:17

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-13 20:07 by SwayStones.

Re: Jagger's polaroids by Andy Warhol
Posted by: StrawberryFields ()
Date: June 9, 2010 22:27

Poor Mick :*(

That Andy was a naughty guy.

He hasn't had the faintest idea what he was going to experience :*)

[www.flashglamtrash.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 10, 2010 02:12

I remember when those were taken at the house the Stones rented on Montauk and Mick put his arm through a plate glass window, thus the 8 inches of stitches! It was just before the '75 Tour and they were rehearsing there.

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: June 10, 2010 02:53

Mick the Poseur........LOL

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: June 10, 2010 03:24

In '75 the band was rehearsing at Andy Warhol's compound on Montauk, Long Island. Mick actually leaned on a plate glass window at Gurney's Inn, hence the stitches in his wrist.

As a side note, Dick Cavett didn't live too far from Warhol's compound.

Date: June 13, 2010 20:17

mickschix
I remember when those were taken at the house the Stones rented on Montauk and Mick put his arm through a plate glass window, thus the 8 inches of stitches! It was just before the '75 Tour and they were rehearsing there.

mickschix , I had forgotten when & where Jagger cut his arm .
Is it mentionned on the Diary of a Studio Owner ?
I read it very often but I can't find the right chapter .

[www.studiowner.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: June 13, 2010 20:21

Same photo shots ?

Posted by: lukebarnum ()
Date: November 22, 2010 20:53

Hey!

Could anyone post larger versions of these pics of Mick by Andy Warhol? I love 'em! Thank ya!

Luke

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: November 22, 2010 21:28

Few other larger pictures here :

[ghostinsnow.blogspot.com]

(the last pix with the dirty toes isn't a sexy one !)
This Warhol work is available in this box :

(a small box, a pretty box but an expensive box !)
[www.amazon.fr]

(pour les français, cette boîte a été supervisée par le photographe devenu très célèbre depuis quelques mois, François-Marie Banier)

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 22, 2010 22:33

All in the Terry Southern TOTA's book

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 23, 2010 00:51

StrawberryFields
Poor Mick :*(

That Andy was a naughty guy.

He hasn't had the faintest idea what he was going to experience :*)

[www.flashglamtrash.com]

WHat do you mean? Mick will do anything for the sake of art....especially
for an artist he respects.

There's a letter (might have been to Warhol) which has been posted on IORR in which
he asks them to create artwork for a Stones album....and essentially gives them free
reign to do whatever they want.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: November 23, 2010 01:31

Sorry I didn't answer you, SWAYSTONES, but I read all about this photo spread in Circus Magazine, a rock publication that printed great photos of rock stars...in the 70's!! It had an article all about how Mick didn't see the clear window and put his arm through it, thus the stiches. His feet are no doubt dirty because he'd been walking barefoot! Anything on Mick is sexy!

Date: November 23, 2010 22:21

Hey,arizojp,thanks for the link,I had never seen the latest pic from the blog.

I didn't know either about the Warhol red box .smiling smiley

mickchix,I 'd heard about the story of Jagger smashing his arm into the window .Do you know how come Jagger doesn't wear the same trousers -white one or dark one - on Warhol's photos ? What do you think ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-24 17:45 by SwayStones.

Date: November 24, 2010 01:55

I don't think the pants mattered because all of the finished Warhol
prints are head shots only. I love the entire collection!

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 24, 2010 01:58

Chuis mort de rire. Bien vu les reflexions. Celles-la on les connait depuis des lustres...

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 24, 2010 02:53

Here's a bunch of Polaroid I've grabbed some times ago and that I've enhanced a bit as the contrast were really poor and also because there was some hairs and dust here and there on some of the pictures.
I didn't recall if this serie is also in the On Tour Book, I don't think so but I could be wrong and I'm too lazy to check in the book, some of them are quite rare.

winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 24, 2010 06:15

Below is Annie Leibovitz's photo of the same scar Warhol shot, but shot obviously with the stitches still in. Here is Leibovitz's commentary about the shot: "The Jagger hand was taken just before the tour, when they were in Montauk staying at Andy Warhol's house, rehearsing. Jagger told me he had put his hand through a plate-glass window, thinking it was the door to a restaurant out there. He's very superstitious--you know that song `Hand of Fate'? When this happened he went out and asked for every book that had the word `hand' in its title. Anyway, I knew he was going to the doctor to have the wound redressed and I asked if I could go along and take pictures. He was reluctant, but he said the decision was up to the doctor, who said `sure.' Then when I started shooting, Mick asked, `Are you shooting this in color?' I said, `No! It's too gross. I'm doing it in black-and-white.' And he insisted that I go get a roll of color." (Both the pic and her commentary are from her book PHOTOGRAPHS ANNIE LEBOVITZ 1970 - 1990.)

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 24, 2010 11:45

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 24, 2010 11:52

Here is a guy that had a little style

2 1 2 0

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 24, 2010 12:20

Nice pictures Honestman and you're right, some of these ones are rare.

Date: November 24, 2010 17:25

aprilfool
Nice pictures Honestman and you're right, some of these ones are rare.

Aprilfool,I swear I don't do it on purpose .I am not trying teasing you but ...........
[www.iorr.org]

I remember it because shillid asked me if I really wanted to make it bigger....and he did make it bigger >grinning smiley<

Mind you,let me some time to put on my bullet-proof jacket(how is it say,in English/American ?A vest ? ) before you snipe at me spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: peterad ()
Date: March 9, 2020 17:34

@honestman - this thread is so old all images are gone. is there anywhere else I can see the photos you had posted? I'm on the hunt for a very specific one... a photo of Mick at the Southampton hospital - not the closeup of the stitches, one where he is wearing a robe.

Posted by: peterad ()
Date: March 9, 2020 17:35

@honestman - this thread is so old all images are gone. is there anywhere else I can see the photos you had posted? I'm on the hunt for a very specific one... a photo of Mick at the Southampton hospital - not the closeup of the stitches, one where he is wearing a robe.

Honestman
Here's a bunch of Polaroid I've grabbed some times ago and that I've enhanced a bit as the contrast were really poor and also because there was some hairs and dust here and there on some of the pictures.
I didn't recall if this serie is also in the On Tour Book, I don't think so but I could be wrong and I'm too lazy to check in the book, some of them are quite rare.

winking smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 9, 2020 18:34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home